"Recent" view doesn't show today's changes

Soren Bjornstad

Apr 20, 2021, 9:07:15 AM4/20/21
to TiddlyWiki
In one of my wikis, I frequently find that the "Recent" tab doesn't show the changes I've made on the current day – the view is stuck at showing the changes that were made on the most recent prior day that there were any changes. Refreshing the page or restarting the server (Node.js method, either hosted through TiddlyServer or directly via tiddlywiki --listen) does not help. Checking the tiddler files in the wiki folder, they have the correct date/time stamp in the modified field.

At some point, as I continue changing things and working in the wiki, all of the changes I've made that day often show up, but I haven't been able to come up with a set of steps that consistently makes this happen.

I went looking for any Recent-related shadow tiddlers I might have messed with at some point, but didn't find any.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or have some idea of where I might start trying to debug it?

TW Tones

Apr 20, 2021, 8:48:55 PM4/20/21
to TiddlyWiki
Soren,

Quick check,

Under sidebar > Tools

Is timestamps on?

Tones

Soren Bjornstad

Apr 20, 2021, 9:15:48 PM4/20/21
to TiddlyWiki
Good thought, but yes, it is – and as noted, the timestamps are being updated in the tiddler files.

TW Tones

Apr 20, 2021, 9:17:13 PM4/20/21
to TiddlyWiki
Timestamps updates the modified date in tiddlers from Memory!

Soren Bjornstad

Apr 20, 2021, 9:25:57 PM4/20/21
to TiddlyWiki
Sorry, I'm not following.

Saq Imtiaz

Apr 21, 2021, 1:27:27 AM4/21/21
to TiddlyWiki
This is a long shot but check to see if any of your tiddlers have an invalid string (i.e. not in the required format) for the modified or created fields. There was an issue on tiddlywiki.com a while back where a tiddler had NaN for the modified field which was bugging out the timeline macro and causing certain tiddlers to not be listed.

Soren Bjornstad

Apr 21, 2021, 9:09:01 AM4/21/21
to TiddlyWiki
Ooh, found a few:

$ grep -Er '^(created|modified): [^0-9]' *
pao/MrStephenSiciliano.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN
pao/MrDanielRoth.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN
pao/MrCoreySanders.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN
pao/MsSarahBird.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN
pao/MrBrianJanous.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN
pao/MrTaylorBrown.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN
pao/MrJackSkinner.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN
pao/MrDarrelMiller.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN
pao/MrCraigLoewen.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN
pao/MrLuisCabrera.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN
pao/MrJamesPhillips.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN
pao/MrGiladElyashar.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN
pao/MrSteveSanderson.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN
pao/MsKateYeager.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN
pao/MrRyanLevick.tid:modified: NaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaNNaN

I'll fix those and see if that helps, thanks!

Saq Imtiaz

Apr 21, 2021, 9:47:54 AM4/21/21
to TiddlyWiki
Yikes, that is a fair few. You probably want to look at your workflow for tiddler creation and editing to figure out what is causing this.

Soren Bjornstad

Apr 21, 2021, 10:27:17 AM4/21/21
to TiddlyWiki
I happen to know that I created all of them on the same day, about 11 months ago, so I'm sure it was something weird I did that day and not something wrong with my process.