Mark Krieg

Dec 31, 2018, 10:09:31 PM12/31/18
to TiddlyWiki
I have a question regarding the Advanced Search feature. I have a number of entries titled with various date formats:

2018.12.31 (period separators)
2018-12-31 (dash separator)

...and when performing an Advanced Search using the In Fields tab and searching the title field, if I search for 2018. then I receive title names beginning with 2018- as well. This same result happens with and without the insensitive option enabled. So in other words, the search doesn't distinguish the characters of period and dash as being different/unique. Is there any way around this?

Many thanks!

Mark

Mark S.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:24:25 PM12/31/18
to TiddlyWiki
Are you using some special search plugin?

I'm guessing whatever you are using might be using regular expressions. You could try searching for 2018\. , and see if that returns 2018 items with a literal period after them.

Some other
-- Mark

Mark Krieg

Dec 31, 2018, 10:55:09 PM12/31/18
to TiddlyWiki
I'm using the standard Advanced Search, $:/AdvancedSearch

but you are RIGHT!!! Your solution fixed my problem!  Thank you so much!

Mohammad

Dec 31, 2018, 11:01:36 PM12/31/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mark S,

 Mark Kreig is using the Search In Fields by Tobias Beer:

-- Mohammad

Mark Krieg

Dec 31, 2018, 11:05:06 PM12/31/18
to TiddlyWiki
You are correct.  I'm sorry, I had completely forgotten that I installed that into my TiddlyWiki!