Announcing: Combine TiddlyWiki5 and search engine (Google) results by a userscript

bimlas

May 4, 2020, 9:13:52 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Dear all,

Have you ever been looking for something on Google and when you found the answer, you wanted to make a note of it, did you realize that you already had the answer in your TiddlyWiki? To avoid these situations by integrating TiddlyWiki search results to Google, use this userscript with TiddlyWiki (at least 5.1.22 version) on Node.js.

Because the script searches in multiple TiddlyWikis at once, it can also be used to search in all your wikis.

Mohammad

May 4, 2020, 10:08:40 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi bimlas,
 Very nice! Thank you for shring!
 One question can I add wikis from the net for example

--Mohammad

bimlas

May 4, 2020, 12:20:44 PM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
If it's a Node.js Tiddly server, then it should work, but GitHub pages are single HTMLs whose do note have WebServer API, thus you cannot use this script for them.

Mohammad

May 4, 2020, 3:49:20 PM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks bimlas.

Rohrreiniger

May 5, 2020, 1:37:18 AM5/5/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello bimlas,

this great feature is node.js only and will not work with the standard TW5 file right?

Best wishes

bimlas

May 5, 2020, 2:49:34 AM5/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Rohrreiniger,

I tried to resolve to get a list of tiddlers with the filter parameter passed to single HTML, so I wanted to emulate the operation of the Node.js WebServer API, but that is not possible. Unfortunately, the script only works with Node.js.