Double click to edit

Sean Boyle

Feb 1, 2019, 1:52:27 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
I am running 5.1.17 and somewhere along the trail I ended up with a double-click in a tiddler opening it for edit, but like the tiddlywiki classic.  Does anyone here know how to disable this?

Mark S.

Feb 1, 2019, 2:09:21 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
Check your plugins and see if you have installed "double-click to edit tiddlers".

-- Mark

Sean Boyle

Feb 1, 2019, 2:21:42 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
I have a number of plugins, but not that one.  I recently installed Cardo.  Does that tweak the behaviour?
Also, I have now updated to 5.1.19 and the problem (not surprisingly) remains.

Sean Boyle

Feb 1, 2019, 2:36:05 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
The list of plugins:
$:/plugins/bj/Calendar
$:/plugins/Cardo
$:/plugins/kiram/datepicker
$:/plugins/telmiger/HarvyBalls
$:/pluggins/kixam/moment
$:/plugins/tiddlywii/music-score
$:/plugins/chanilino/viz
$:/plugins/telmiger/PluginSize
$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/railroad
$:/plugins/reidgould/shortid
$:/plugins/sk/TableHelper
$:/plugins/tesseract/tekan
$:/plugins/ihm/tidgraph
$:/plugins/ahahn/tinka
$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/blog
$:/plugins/spangenhelm/enhancedsearch
$:/plugins/gt6796c/rocklib
$:/plugins/emkay/visjs/$:/plugins/gt6796c/mermaid-tw5

Sean Boyle

Feb 1, 2019, 2:45:31 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
I just disabled Cardo (which also keeps me dropped down to only "Search", "Tools", and "Calendar" tabs on the sidebar).  Normal behaviour is restored.  I would love to get my tabs back "Open", "Contents", "Recent", "Tools", "more", or better yet, use Cardo w/o the tweaked double-click, *sigh*...

bimlas

Feb 1, 2019, 3:03:54 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
Sean,

You can use Cardo without this feature:

- (enable Cardo)
- Open $:/plugins/Cardo/Danielos2Click2Edit/ClickListener.js in edit mode
- Remove the text and the "module-type" field as well
- Save and restart

I don't understand why the author has put unwanted plugins into it, but you can overwrite this way.

Sean Boyle

Feb 1, 2019, 3:31:05 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
I stripped the "module-type" field and left the text.  It seems to work OK now.  Am I in for trouble doing it this way?

bimlas

Feb 1, 2019, 3:33:05 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
No, this is a "hard coded disabling" of the plugin, it does nothing wrong.

Sean Boyle

Feb 1, 2019, 3:45:12 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
Now I am getting this: "Undefined widget 'click'"

bimlas

Feb 1, 2019, 5:27:52 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
Sorry, this plugin seems to be needed for some reason, so please restore the tiddler.

As I look, Cardo overwrites some of the core tiddlers, $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/body for example: the 2Click2Edit tag is added and it seems this allowing the "action". If I remove it, it will not open tiddler for editing if I double-click on it.

However, I do not recommend this change because a newer version of the plugin may have this tiddler modified, but since this is overwritten, the change will not be applied.

I found a Google Groups group that is basically about Cardo: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tiddlywiki-gtd
I have not found any answer to turn off this feature, but the author answers the questions. Ask him for real (and safety) solution.