Weirdest problem ever

Aidan Grey

Jul 11, 2019, 10:18:57 AM7/11/19
to TiddlyWiki
I am using a TW for a language dictionary, and have a TOC set up mostly like you'd think: Every initial letter has a tiddler, with a list of tiddlers starting with that letter. It works perfectly!

Except for T.

In the edit, I see this - preview says everything will look right:

CaptureTEdit.PNG

But out of edit, this is what I see, with P as an example of how it should look:

CapturePT.PNG

It's exactly the same code, except for the filter. I have changed the filters on T, and they always work correctly and look right in the preview. I have deleted the tiddler repeatedly and started over. I have rebuilt all at once. In increments. I pulled the code in a text editor and compared. I have saved and refreshed 4 billion times at least, as I tweaked trying to figure out what's going wrong.

None of those show any issue whatsoever - code for the tiddler is the same. preview is always correct but actual render is not.

Is there something funky about a tiddler called "T" that it will never render? Anyone have an idea? I can provide the TW if that would help.

Mark S.

Jul 11, 2019, 10:42:52 AM7/11/19
to TiddlyWiki
It looks like you may have folded your tiddler. Click on the down arrow and select to unfold it.

Aidan Grey

Jul 11, 2019, 11:01:47 AM7/11/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Omg. I am such an idiot!!!!!

Pit.W.

Jul 11, 2019, 4:00:26 PM7/11/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Hello Aidan,

welcome to the crowd.
I fell into this trap multiple times, and the two of us are not the only ones.
So... relax....

What I did was:

  1. I put the fold/unfold button into the button ribbon of the view template
  2. I edited the svg - icon for the unfold button into red - like alert!

Question to the Gurus: could we have some stylesheet that gives folded tiddlers a red border?

Pit.W

Ihre E-Mail-Postfächer sicher & zentral an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und alte E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! https://www.eclipso.de

PMario

Jul 11, 2019, 4:22:23 PM7/11/19
to TiddlyWiki

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 10:00:26 PM UTC+2, Pit.W. wrote:
Question to the Gurus: could we have some stylesheet that gives folded tiddlers a red border?

That's definitely an option. .. I wouldn't use red but a visual indication would be useful. .. We already have the unfold button, but it is only shown, if you define it. ...

My suggestion would be, to show the unfold button, if the tiddler is folded. Independently from the configuration.

-m

Jeremy Ruston

Jul 11, 2019, 5:34:07 PM7/11/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mario
It’s can also be useful to turn on the “fold-bar” with the bottom checkbox under “Tools” into the tiddler info panel — the checkbox is labelled with a red arrow below. Then you’ll see a more visible bar to fold/unfold tiddlers. It’s a horizontal bar when the tiddler is folded, and a vertical bar when it is unfolded (which means that it is easy to reach without scrolling the tiddler).

Best wishes

Jeremy

-m

TonyM

Jul 11, 2019, 6:15:01 PM7/11/19
to TiddlyWiki
I use Jeremy's suggested fold bar.

The fold unfold mechanisium is not perfect because the fold state is in a temporary tiddler for each tiddler, so when you are using view template additions you cant get a new tiddler to default to folded.

Perhaps I should do a pr for a folded field on tiddlers that overrides the state tiddler.

However remember there is a fold all and unfold all button in the page buttons.

Regards
Tony

PMario

Jul 12, 2019, 5:59:09 AM7/12/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,

There already is a tiddler field, which IMO should not be used, because it only causes maintenance burden for the whole community. Even calling it's name may cause problems ;)

-m

TonyM

Jul 12, 2019, 6:40:11 AM7/12/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Mario

I won't name it either. I would only use it on tiddlers that already display their content through an existing view template. Thus I want to hide the text only.

Do you understand its existence is the switch or can it be set to a value? If a value one could have a button toggle it on all tiddlers its on.

Thank again
This is important to me.

Tony

TonyM

Jul 12, 2019, 6:42:13 AM7/12/19
to TiddlyWiki
Answered my own question yes and other as a value.

Regards
Tony

Aidan Grey

Jul 12, 2019, 10:00:58 AM7/12/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I have this set is other tw, so i think that's past of what confused me. Thanks!

PastedGraphic-12.tiff

Aidan Grey

Jul 12, 2019, 10:01:26 AM7/12/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the commiseration!

Aidan Grey

Jul 12, 2019, 3:17:23 PM7/12/19
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy,

Is there a tiddler or class or something for the fold-bar? I'd like to add some styling (i.e. color) to it, and I'm not having any luck finding it myself.

Also, is there a way to make that the default for all tiddlers, without going in and setting every single one of them manually?

Thanks in advance
Aidan

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 3:34:07 PM UTC-6, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
Hi Mario

On 11 Jul 2019, at 21:22, PMario <pmar...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Mark S.

Jul 12, 2019, 4:12:36 PM7/12/19
to TiddlyWiki
Looks like classes tc-unfold-banner and tc-fold-banner might be what you want.

Aidan Grey

Jul 12, 2019, 4:45:37 PM7/12/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mark! Sadly, I still can't figure it out. I'm just trying to confirm that I have the right selectors with the magenta, and according to Chrome's explorer, I think I do, but still not working. This is a tiddler tagged with $:/tags/Stylesheet.

html button .tc-fold-banner {
	background=color: magenta;
}

Aidan Grey

Jul 12, 2019, 5:06:54 PM7/12/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
i've tried multiple selector configurations, button.tc-fold-banner among others. I've changed the color in the web explorer, which worked - but I was never able to find or capture where it was added. I'm probably doing something dumb again.

Aidan Grey

Jul 12, 2019, 5:11:43 PM7/12/19
to TiddlyWiki
I have no idea what I did different, but this works suddenly now:

button.tc-fold-banner {
background-color: magenta;
}

button.tc-unfold-banner {
background-color: magenta;
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Mark S.

Jul 12, 2019, 5:43:50 PM7/12/19
to TiddlyWiki
You had background=color in the first example.

Aidan Grey

Jul 12, 2019, 6:25:00 PM7/12/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
You're like the helpiest dude ever Mark. Thanks!! Clearly i need to work on my attention to detail.