[TS] TiddlyServer upgraded to TiddlyWiki 5.1.17!

Arlen Beiler

May 16, 2018, 10:54:37 PM5/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello everyone,

I've upgraded TiddlyServer to TiddlyWiki 5.1.17.

I've also implemented the server part of WebSocket handling and am waiting on PR https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/pull/3289 to get the rest of the handling code into TiddlyWiki itself (to minimize code duplication).

Enjoy!
Arlen

Sander Datema

May 17, 2018, 12:36:20 PM5/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks a lot! One thing though, I get this error:

```
Error: Cannot find module '../../TiddlyWiki5-Jermolene/boot/boot.js'
```

I removed the TiddlyServer folder and moved my settings.json to the new folder.

Arlen Beiler

May 17, 2018, 1:29:55 PM5/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
Oops,

Arlen Beiler

May 17, 2018, 1:40:29 PM5/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
Ok, fixed. Please find the latest release at https://github.com/Arlen22/TiddlyServer/releases/tag/2.0.14-fixed

Sorry about that :)

Sander Datema

May 18, 2018, 5:06:00 AM5/18/18
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks! It works fine now.

@TiddlyTweeter

May 19, 2018, 5:30:20 PM5/19/18
to TiddlyWiki
Arlen

I think it would be good if you remember to also do major releases onto Twitter? Please.

I think there is a receptive, technically equipped user-base for TiddlyWiki there that I don't think is yet fully aware about TiddlyServer and its usefulness.

Best wishes
Josiah

Arlen Beiler wrote:
I've upgraded TiddlyServer to TiddlyWiki 5.1.17.

I've also implemented the server part of WebSocket handling ...

@TiddlyTweeter

May 19, 2018, 5:46:15 PM5/19/18
to TiddlyWiki
Arlen

Ermm ... where is the latest executable? All I see is a folder of editions???

Maybe I'm mad.

Best wishes
Josiah

Arlen Beiler

May 19, 2018, 11:01:23 PM5/19/18
to TiddlyWiki
The executable never worked very well and still required a bunch of external files, so I scrapped that idea. I still compiled the TiddlyWiki directory, which brought the file count down to several hundred from several thousand. So now you just download the source code, unzip it to a new folder, copy the old settings.json into it, and run it.

Mark S.

Jan 9, 2019, 9:09:19 PM1/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Does ts server up external files (images, pdf, etc) when used with data folders, and, if so, where should the files go?

Thanks!
-- Mark

Arlen Beiler

Jan 24, 2019, 11:03:01 PM1/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Yes, but they need to be outside the data folder. Anything inside the data folder is handled by TiddlyWiki.