Announcing TiddlyDesktop v0.0.6

Jeremy Ruston

Oct 29, 2015, 3:21:25 PM10/29/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hot on the heels of v0.0.5, I’m pleased to announce TiddlyDesktop v0.0.6 with the following improvements:

* Added ability to drag and drop TiddlyWiki files into the wiki list window from Windows Explorer/Mac Finder
* Fixed bug triggered by moving TiddlyDesktop executable after first running it
* Added custom user agent string identifying TiddlyDesktop

Download it here:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyDesktop/releases/tag/v0.0.6

As ever, take care to back up your work carefully before upgrading.

Feedback and questions gratefully received,

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Jon

Oct 30, 2015, 4:10:29 PM10/30/15
to TiddlyWiki, Tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is it possible to alter the page zoom?

Thanks
Jon

Jeremy Ruston

Oct 31, 2015, 4:55:05 AM10/31/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jon

It’s not currently possible to adjust the page zoom for v0.0.5 and v0.0.6. I am exploring approaches for implementing it.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Jon

Oct 31, 2015, 8:18:41 AM10/31/15
to TiddlyWiki, Tiddl...@googlegroups.com
OK, thanks Jeremy.
Regards

Jon

Mark Kerrigan

Oct 31, 2015, 3:17:15 PM10/31/15
to TiddlyWiki, Tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jeremy

Really like TiddlyDesktop, I was able to view orphans on my 13.9 mb TiddlyWiki without totally crashing the browser. The only thing is the browser search is missing. When you have a bunch of tiddlers open, it's really convenient to just hit CMD-F and search for the exact occurrence with the results indicated in the scrollbar and of course highlighted.

Thanks
Mark Kerrigan

Scott Simmons

Nov 2, 2015, 1:16:40 PM11/2/15
to TiddlyWiki, Tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Jeremy —

Not sure if it's been asked before or if this is the best place to make requests, but a feature I could put to good, regular use in TiddlyDesktop would be a CTRL+F-style text search.

Jeremy Ruston

Nov 2, 2015, 5:56:28 PM11/2/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott

Not sure if it's been asked before or if this is the best place to make requests, but a feature I could put to good, regular use in TiddlyDesktop would be a CTRL+F-style text search.

It has come up before:

Up until now, it’s not been very easy to do. The trouble is that nw.js is a stripped back browser engine, and lacks the code for standard browser features like tabs, find-in-page and page zoom. The situation has changed with the availability of the webview element, which includes an implementation of find-in-page:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyDesktop/issues/72

Best wishes

Jeremy

Scott Simmons

Nov 10, 2015, 2:12:39 PM11/10/15
to TiddlyWiki
On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 5:56:28 PM UTC-5, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

It has come up before:

Up until now, it’s not been very easy to do. The trouble is that nw.js is a stripped back browser engine, and lacks the code for standard browser features like tabs, find-in-page and page zoom. The situation has changed with the availability of the webview element, which includes an implementation of find-in-page:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyDesktop/issues/72

Neat-o!  So far, that's the only "missing" browser feature holding me back from using TiddlyDesktop full-time.