Surely TiddlyWiki can do this ...?

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 10, 2018, 12:28:26 PM3/10/18
to TiddlyWiki

TonyM

Mar 10, 2018, 10:33:18 PM3/10/18
to TiddlyWiki
Yes, and No

The fact is Wix, Square Space even wordpress for that matter, are focused on WebSite design, we could build similar interfaces but unless you move away from single file TiddlyWikis the truth is the initial load may be too high, such websites are more about throughput, traffic and large numbers. They are also about novices getting standard, if not high customisation websites, their extenseibility is somewhat limited (WordPress excluded).

I would prefer to see a focus on integrating functional TiddlyWikis "into websites" rather than "instead of". TiddlyWiki is much more powerful for custom views of data, logic,  processing information, application type services etc....

Of course drag and drop design features are great and there is no reason why we cant get such solutions in TiddlyWiki

Regards
Tony

BurningTreeC

Mar 11, 2018, 6:58:35 AM3/11/18
to TiddlyWiki

Mark S.

Mar 11, 2018, 10:06:33 AM3/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
Is that piano supposed to work? On mine I only got a solitary note, and this was after turning off add-blockers. Perhaps it uses some external site that isn't always available?

-- Mark

On Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 3:58:35 AM UTC-7, BurningTreeC wrote:
There you go, http://tiddlypiano.tiddlyspot.com/

BurningTreeC

Mar 11, 2018, 12:05:32 PM3/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
Is that piano supposed to work? On mine I only got a solitary note, and this was after turning off add-blockers. Perhaps it uses some external site that isn't always available?

yes it's supposed to work but streams from archive.org

I've tried embedding audio files in the wiki but I couldn't get the audio stream saved in a tiddler into

<audio autoplay>
<source src={{audiotiddler?}} type="audio/mpeg">
</audio>

I thought there was a way

Simon

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 12, 2018, 7:34:36 AM3/12/18
to TiddlyWiki
Whoa!

Thanks!

Interesting proof of basic idea. Pressing the keys I do get notes, though at tempo: molto molto lentamente :-)

I noticed in the code you use a notation system to represent the different notes. I vaguely remember there is stuff around for a kind of "playable markup notation".

Anyway, if you interested, I can try find out more.

Best wishes
Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 12, 2018, 9:39:35 AM3/12/18
to TiddlyWiki
Footnote to my last. Over on Twitter Evan suggested that http://evanbalster.com/tiddlywiki/formulas.html#Demo%3A%20Bouncy%20Bounce kinda illustrates some the issues on timing for "live events" in TW.

J.

BurningTreeC

Mar 12, 2018, 12:24:54 PM3/12/18
to TiddlyWiki
@TiddlyTweeter

What can NOT be done with the formulas plugin?

Am Montag, 12. März 2018 14:39:35 UTC+1 schrieb @TiddlyTweeter:
Footnote to my last. Over on Twitter Evan suggested that http://evanbalster.com/tiddlywiki/formulas.html#Demo%3A%20Bouncy%20Bounce kinda illustrates some the issues on timing for "live events" in TW.

J.

This "piano test" simply reveals an <audio autoplay> tag that points to a source when pressing a button

I can also press two at the same time and get two sounds

the problem is that it streams the notes from another website

I'm looking for a way to save the audio in a wiki and have an autoplay that uses an audio tiddler as source

Maybe you know someone who has an uncle who knows who to ask?

BTC

BurningTreeC

Mar 12, 2018, 12:26:26 PM3/12/18
to TiddlyWiki
I am also looking for a way to prevent the browser's right-click dropdown from showing up when long-pressing with a finger

maybe there's an uncle for that problem, too?

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 12, 2018, 1:05:23 PM3/12/18
to TiddlyWiki
BurningTreeC wrote:
What can NOT be done with the formulas plugin?

I don't think it can yet interface with a Teas-Maid ...

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

BurningTreeC

Mar 12, 2018, 1:11:41 PM3/12/18
to TiddlyWiki

Looks doable!

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 12, 2018, 4:34:52 PM3/12/18
to TiddlyWiki
Uncle wasn't available, the AA were .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVO-0aE7tw

This is interesting, though perhaps not relevant as its just a keyboard, not a pianola: http://www.keithwhor.com/music/   https://github.com/keithwhor/audiosynth

I'll try find uncle.

J.

BurningTreeC

Mar 12, 2018, 5:01:37 PM3/12/18
to TiddlyWiki

Uncle wasn't available, the AA were .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVO-0aE7tw

This is interesting, though perhaps not relevant as its just a keyboard, not a pianola: http://www.keithwhor.com/music/   https://github.com/keithwhor/audiosynth

I'll try find uncle.

Thanks @TiddlyTweeter, the audiosynth demo helped remember how such a thingy looks like and the singing kid convinced me that AA are THE best

The problem is to get the audio from a tiddler into a <$reveal><audio autoplay><src=???></audio></$reveal>
If there's a way, the sound-loading will be faster and I could see if this can be tuned to work better

I was thinking about the <<datauri>> macro or the <$wikify> widget, but I'm not sure, haven't used them often

Is there a way to store audio in tiddlers being able to play it inside tw? I think that's the first question

BTC

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 12, 2018, 5:18:12 PM3/12/18
to TiddlyWiki
BTC: Is there a way to store audio in tiddlers being able to play it inside tw? I think that's the first question

Right. I don't know the answer.