How does one use Bricks?

passingby

May 28, 2019, 10:28:47 PM5/28/19
to TiddlyWiki
Can someone give a simple walk-through for using Bricks for creating different themes? https://tid.li/tw5/test/bricks.html

Thomas Elmiger

May 29, 2019, 2:08:18 PM5/29/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi passingby,

I am afraid, the only person knowing how to use bricks could be me ;–)

I will see if I can find time to make a screencast or something during the days to come. Or what kind of documentation would be helpful for you?

Please bear with me if it takes more time than expected and feel free to ask questions here if you have any.

Glad you find it interesting!

Cheers,
Thomas

passingby

May 29, 2019, 2:59:14 PM5/29/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Thomas,

Glad you could reply. Mainly what I need is to understand what is being offered. What amount of customization can I do with bricks and how to do it.

For example I am thinking of cobbling up a dark theme, much like your Palette Dark Forces. I am going to make some study notes in my TW. I am also thinking of incorporating things from Shiraz plugin (by Mohammed). So if you could help me on this, that ll be great!

Thomas Elmiger

Jun 4, 2019, 5:08:36 PM6/4/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello again, passingby,

Sorry for my late reply, but I am drowning in work and need some time for family and friends too ... so I will keep it short this time:

https://tid.li/tw5/test/bricks.html was left in a messy state some time ago. Sorry again. Now I brought the most important documentation tiddlers to the front again, so I hope it will make a much more friendly entry point again. I have tried to explain, what is offered, so I hope reading carefully and following the links will bring you closer to your goals.

Note: there might be differences between the docs and the actual state of Bricks, so if you have questions or encounter errors, please ask, protest, let me know!

The dark forces palette is there and can be activated with one click: https://tid.li/tw5/test/bricks.html#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ftelmiger%2Fbricks%2Fpalettes

I hope you will be able to customize everything you want by searching for the corresponding stylesheet in the Style Manager. Stylesheets from plugins should also appear in the list of the manager.

When you are done, it might be sufficient to generate final stylesheets as described in https://tid.li/tw5/test/bricks.html#Wikilogic%20Tiddler%20Transformation instead of creating a theme right away.

Please ask again, if you need help or encounter problems.

All the best,
Thomas

passingby

Jun 5, 2019, 2:04:46 PM6/5/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for responding. I do appreciate your taking time out for this. I am a bit busy myself, so in coming few days I shall take another go at bricks. Right now I have started using the dark theme from TW pre-release edition and I like it. But it shall be helpful to learn the bricks method so that I can learn better. I shall ask further wherever I get stuck.

Thank you.
 passingby