off/on beat thought on taggery ...

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 9, 2019, 11:17:06 AM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
"All Tiddlers are Equal, but some Tiddlers are More Equal than Others."

Is the (tag) "offtopic"?

Or is it "comment"?

Question for tag enthusiasts.

Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 9, 2019, 11:17:39 AM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
repeat for email.

HansWobbe

Mar 9, 2019, 11:44:21 AM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Josiah:

Please clarify your question a bit.  I make extensive use tags for several different purposes and I am not sure how I could characterize them in a way you would fine useful.

Hans

PMario

Mar 9, 2019, 11:47:59 AM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi TT,

If you talk about google-group-tags here you may use ggTags, or something similar. ... Tags are used in TW.

-m

PMario

Mar 9, 2019, 11:54:40 AM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 5:17:06 PM UTC+1, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:
"All Tiddlers are Equal, but some Tiddlers are More Equal than Others."

I think "All Tiddlers are Equal and some Tiddlers are different".

-m

HansWobbe

Mar 9, 2019, 12:12:59 PM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Oops.  I was too focused on Tags to notice that the statement was about Tiddlers.

I agree with "All tiddlers and Equal and (yet) some Tiddlers are different".  This strikes me as being consitent with the view that a Tiddler is the smallest semantic unit.

-hans

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 9, 2019, 12:13:37 PM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Hans

I tagged this on new net scheme (we can tag now on GG on first posts)  "question" and "tutorial".

What I am wondering is IF it helps?

Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 9, 2019, 12:18:28 PM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Hans

Its understandable. The confusion.

Now we have TW tags AND GG tags.

It could get confusing!

Best wishes
Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 9, 2019, 12:21:39 PM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
@TiddlyTweeter wrote:
"All Tiddlers are Equal, but some Tiddlers are More Equal than Others."

I think "All Tiddlers are Equal and some Tiddlers are different".

= the same difference caro.

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 9, 2019, 1:10:13 PM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
 PMario wrote:
If you talk about google-group-tags here you may use ggTags, or something similar. ... Tags are used in TW

Right. It might get confusing.

Best wishes
Josiah

Mohammad

Mar 9, 2019, 1:24:01 PM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josiah,
 I thing Google Forum tags can help!
For example announcement tag if clicked on GG, you will have all announcements listed!
So, it help narrow your search in Google group!

--Mohammad

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 9, 2019, 1:53:16 PM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad

I agree.

When the FIRST post is clear in its intent.

But that is only a small part of posts here. A very small part. That Announcements do ALREADY.

I am finding it hard to see how this tag system, ONLY created by a thread author, INVISIBLE on email. NOT obvious in threads on web, will help much.

I'm open to it, let's see.

But let us not fall into thinking something is good when actually it doesn't really do much.

I need to SEE proven benefits yet.

Best wishes
Josiah