$action-setfield "spaced name field"=how?

Mat

Oct 31, 2021, 3:14:59 PM10/31/21
to TiddlyWiki
With the new freely named fields I've hit a problem using the $action-sefield widget. I.e how do I set a field named "foo bar". The following illustrates the problem:

<$button><$action-setfield foo bar=baz/>SET</$button>

also the following does not work:

<$button><$action-setfield "foo bar"=baz/>SET</$button>

Thanks!

<:-)

Mat

Nov 1, 2021, 2:07:05 AM11/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
Over at tiddly talk the above question was automatically copied into a read-only thread... or, apparently it is read-only only for me(?) because I cannot reply there to the answer that Mark S provided which is the following and which indeed solves my issue:

> Don’t forget that the action-setfield widget can also use $ attributes.
> <$action-setfield $field="foo bar" $value="baz"/>

Thank you Mark!

While at it: How did you manage to reply in that "read only" thread? And I cannot?

<:-)

Eric Shulman

Nov 1, 2021, 3:07:01 AM11/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 11:07:05 PM UTC-7 Mat wrote:
How did you manage to reply in that "read only" thread? And I cannot?

TiddlyTalk "admins" (Boris, Jeremy, Mario, Mark, and myself) can post replies to a read-only category.

In principle, admins should always make sure that we post our replies to the GoogleGroup rather than the TiddlyTalk category so that we can be sure that the original poster will see the response even if they don't use TiddlyTalk.

However, since TiddlyTalk doesn't restrict posts by admins, it's easy to forget that the category is "read only" and so sometimes we post directly to TiddlyTalk by mistake.

-e

Mat

Nov 1, 2021, 3:26:11 AM11/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Eric, that makes sense.

<:-)

Mark S.

Nov 1, 2021, 9:39:31 AM11/1/21
to TiddlyWiki

Don't forget that the action-setfield widget can also use $ attributes.

`<$action-setfield $field="foo bar" $value="baz"/>`

Mark S.

Nov 1, 2021, 9:40:59 AM11/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
Yes, I wish it was in bold red text instead of grayed out text. I would not deliberately post to the wrong thread. Will be reposting here and deleting there.