March Of The Androids -- Seeking Info On Your Usage

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 16, 2018, 7:54:00 AM4/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
Since the first quarter of 2011, Google’s mobile operating system, Android, has steadily increased its share of the global smartphone OS market. As of the fourth quarter of 2016, Android leads the global market with an 81.7 percent market share, while Apple’s iOS is second. Android is also the most often used operating system for tablet computers worldwide, with a 66 percent share of the global market in 2016.-- Statistics Portal

I'm hazy on how people actually use TiddlyWiki on Android Phones & Tablets.

If you using Android I'd like to learn more about how you use it for TiddlyWiki. Android is dominant in the mobile market in much of the world so I think it makes sense to ensure its well addressed in TW. Currently I'm not that clear how folk actually practically use TW with it.

Best wishes
Josiah

Mark S.

Apr 16, 2018, 1:33:10 PM4/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
My circa 2012 devices are sluggish with TW, but usable in some situations.

I use syncthing to update copies of TW files to the devices.  Syncthing *usually* works pretty well, though sometimes it needs to be restarted. The thing is, it's really overkill because it encrypts everything in transit.

TW is not usually good for quick look-ups because loading time is so long. But it is OK for persistent reference (like a recipe or book passages) where you're going to have it on the same set of tiddlers for awhile. As an e-reader, it's slow to load. But then, so is Kindle (because Kindle always wants to check the net).

For sending data back to the home machine, it's best if your TW app consists of checkboxes or small fields (like calorie counters, todo check-offs).

TW loads most quickly and formats most correctly with AndTidWiki. AndTidWiki can still save. I'm not sure that the latest versions of FF can use any of the save extensions -- that shows how seldom I use TW on FF for input.  Firefox doesn't format correctly on my devices. In particular, when you zoom in on text the text goes off screen rather than formatting to the new edge. This is why I developed the Quick 8 app for changing fonts and saving their settings. But, with FF you can have multiple tabs open. AndTidWiki will only allow you to have one TW open at a time, which is a problem if you want to go back and forth.

Sometimes AndTidWiki won't be able to load a TW file. A trick I've learned is to go into the RAM manager and clear the memory. After that AndTidWiki will run OK.

One of the biggest problems with Android apps, especially browsers, or at least on my devices, is that Android can decide at any time to close some "background" task. You can hop from a TW on FF to just take a quick peak at a phone log, weather report, or ebook, and when you pop back, your FF session has closed and you've lost all your tabs (but not always, mysteriously it sometimes remembers them). Then you have to find your bookmark, load your page, etc.

In general, TW performance on Android is not as good as native apps like Simplenote, Evernote, etc. The various improvements to TW have weighted it down to about 2.5 Megs -- the size of a substantial reference ebook. And that's before any data is added. Perhaps there needs to be a TW-lite edition for small devices, though I don't know what features I would want to ditch.

-- Mark

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 16, 2018, 3:14:21 PM4/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mark S.

Thanks for the detailed reply! I re-edited it and reordered it a bit, without comments, though with added linkage to sources. Hope I have not misrepresented your message? I think it tells its own story.

Best wishes, Josiah

Mark S. wrote:
[...]

ON FIREFOX...
[...]

PERFORMANCE?

In general, TW performance on Android is not as good as native apps like Simplenote, Evernote, etc.

The various improvements to TW have weighted it down to about 2.5 Megs -- the size of a substantial reference ebook. And that's before any data is added.

... Perhaps there needs to be a TW-lite edition for small devices, though I don't know what features I would want to ditch.

-- Mark

JD

Apr 18, 2018, 9:33:43 AM4/18/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josiah,

I'm somewhat new to TW5, and am not what might be considered a "power user". I use it mainly on my android phone with the Chrome app and the Noteself app. I'm not using a local server, I don't use Node (JS illiterate), everything's either online or locally-manipulated. Maybe I'm on the edge of the demographic that TW5 can't quite catch (app-centric, mobile folks).

Chrome for Android (local file)

Saving on Android Chrome is a pain in the ass. Everything goes to the default downloads folder, and the files can't be overwritten or renamed from within the browser.

Chrome for Android (tiddlyspot)

I might be in the niche as a person who isn't always online. I use this for projects I intend to share, but it isn't my main driver. Android has this funny thing where background tasks get randomly killed. So, editing a tiddler, going to a resource-heavy music app, then returning to the browser, will refresh the tab. I've lost some of my writings this way.

Noteself Android app ( and by extension, the webapp accessible via any browser )

This app is really great for my use-case. I can use TW during commute or when my phone isn't connected to the internet, go home, connect to the network, wait a few seconds for tiddlers to sync, and have it all available on Chrome for Desktop. The sync capability is almost instantaneous; it really works well.

Now, because I use this as my main TW driver, I might as well list my few hurdles with it:
  • Initial sign-up for a Bluemix/Cloudant account is confusing. This is needed for cross-platform sync.
  • The Bluemix/Cloudant ID is used in Noteself as the Username-for-signing-edits. Great, if only the automatically-generated Bluemix/Cloudant ID isn't a long string of letters and numbers. Editing the Username-for-signing-edits tiddler doesn't help. It reverts on app/browser refresh. I've simply learned to live with it.
  • I can't update plugins without uninstalling them first.
  • If you're not using Vanilla theme, you'd have to wait a few seconds for your selected theme to load.
  • On Noteself for Android, there is a default stylesheet that I have to manually disable for mobile layouts to work correctly.
  • The storylist isn't synced cross-platform. I wish there's a setting to enable this.
Other: AndTidWiki - very slow on my Nexu6P, also sports an outdated interface

Hope this helps.

PMario

Apr 18, 2018, 2:18:13 PM4/18/18
to TiddlyWiki

On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 7:33:10 PM UTC+2, Mark S. wrote:

... I'm not sure that the latest versions of FF can use any of the save extensions --

Hi,

Firefox, TiddlyWiki with file-backups plugin was the very first thing I tested on my shiny new device, that I got on Tuesday. It works just fine \o/ ... It's the first android device I ever got. ...

Some of you may know: I'm a "Nokia E90", "N9", "Ubuntu phone" type of guy ;) which served me very well till now. ...

TW will need a new theme, but that's a different story.

have fun!
mario

PMario

Apr 18, 2018, 2:28:17 PM4/18/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josiah,

Your links show a paywall, once you visit the site the second time. .. Here's some free phone based data, which should do as well.

SMARTPHONE INSTALLED BASE AT END OF 2017 BY OPERATING SYSTEM

Rank    OS                        2017 units     share   2016 units   share   2015 units    share
1 (1)   Android                    2,696 M        81%     2,560 M      80%     2,079 M       79%
Pure Android/Play        1,806 M        54%
Forked Android/AOSP        890 M        27%
2 (2)   iOS                          612 M        19%       602 M      19%       505 M       19%
Others                                 8 M         0%        31 M       1%        56 M        2%
TOTAL
3,316 M                3,193 M              2,640 M

Source: TomiAhonen Consulting 27 Feb 2018
This data may be freely used and repeated

-m

PMario

Apr 18, 2018, 2:29:37 PM4/18/18
to TiddlyWiki
Needed to edit the post, since formatting was "damaged"
-m

Ste Wilson

Apr 18, 2018, 3:56:41 PM4/18/18
to TiddlyWiki
I spend a significant amount of my tiddly time on my note 4. Tiddlyspot is great in that it mostly automatically saves when finishing editing a tiddler and the backup function is great. The only thing I really struggle with on my phone is importing.
Dragging into tiddlywiki from another tab isn't possible and downloading a plugin to then import is a hassle and sometimes made more problamatic by the vaguries of mobile browser not downloading but opening at a text file in a new tab...

I find the clipboard add on found in Fleksy keyboard to be a real help with occasional use of hackers keyboard.

I think the edit toolbar is less relevent on mobile though that could just be because it was something that was introduced after I'd been using tiddlywiki for a while.

Another essential for me was the tweak to allow preview and edit panes to be scrolled independantly... Can't quite remember where I picked that up.

Stephen.

TonyM

Apr 18, 2018, 7:35:48 PM4/18/18
to TiddlyWiki
My Android use,

I have NoteSelf and a Termux application NodeJS installation on my android tablet and high end smart phone. I spend a lot of time at my desk so are not yet relying on these android installs.  I am however building solutions for this platform.

  • NoteSelf
    • NoteSelf is a Nice and quick method to get TiddlyWiki on a phone, including by visiting it hosted on the internet, it has its own app icon which works well and stops opening multiple instances.
    • You cant easily update or access noteself wikis after you first install it, just add data as you go.
    • I do not use an external database at this point, however once I do I should be able to influence the same wiki from my desktop
  • Node JS A node JS Install through Termux
    • Turmux and node JS is a pain to start, and despite buying the app to autostart I have not yet got it working.
    • I love the ability to browse to the running tiddlywiki from my desktop on my LAN which is how I do plugin installs and big updates
    • I am always opening additional instances of the same TiddlyWiki and often need to clean up my browser tabs
  • I will be exploring other choices for hosting and saving tiddlywikis to make android use a lot smoother
  • NoteSelf export tiddlers seems to be a way to export and import changes in the browser.
  • I have yet to choose touch and mobile sensitive themes and settings but there is a lot of activity in this area.
  • I often experiment with ideas in tiddlywiki on the road (yes I think I am TiddlyWiki obsessed)
Regards
Tony

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 19, 2018, 12:54:26 PM4/19/18
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao JD

Great stuff. Useful. I was particularly taken with your detailed comments on Noteself. I will notifying Danielo, the author, about them.

This thread is interesting, giving quite a clear picture of how folk are dealing with Android in real life.

On Chrome saving, is BJ's https://github.com/buggyj/savetiddlers#getting-started-chrome any use?

Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 19, 2018, 12:56:00 PM4/19/18
to TiddlyWiki
PMario, tx.

PMario wrote:

Your links show a paywall, once you visit the site the second time. .. Here's some free phone based data, which should do as well....

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 19, 2018, 1:00:29 PM4/19/18
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao PMario

Good news. TiddlyWiki is looking more "Androidable" than I thought it was ...

Josiah

Mark S. asked:
... I'm not sure that the latest versions of FF can use any of the save extensions --

PMario responded:

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 19, 2018, 1:11:34 PM4/19/18
to TiddlyWiki
Ste Wilson wrote:
Tiddlyspot is great in that it mostly automatically saves when finishing editing a tiddler and the backup function is great.

JD commented on this too. I do think having a "reliable cloud thing" beyond the device is a major thing.

Dragging into tiddlywiki from another tab isn't possible and downloading a plugin to then import is a hassle and sometimes made more problamatic by the vaguries of mobile browser not downloading but opening at a text file in a new tab...

 Right. It can get messy and UNCLEAR sometimes in some ways. That was my impression too.

Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 19, 2018, 1:30:54 PM4/19/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Tony

TonyM wrote:
    • NoteSelf is a Nice and quick method to get TiddlyWiki on a phone, including by visiting it hosted on the internet, it has its own app icon which works well and stops opening multiple instances.
    • You cant easily update or access noteself wikis after you first install it, just add data as you go.
    • I do not use an external database at this point, however once I do I should be able to influence the same wiki from my desktop
Right. That underlines what JD wrote too. Whatever the issues with getting Noteself running, IMO it has proved (either just in browser or browser+remote db) stable and reliable. I think its an appealing approach that works much the same on most everything.

Node JS A node JS Install through Termux
    • Turmux and node JS is a pain to start, and despite buying the app to autostart I have not yet got it working.
Right. I heard about Termux. I just haven't yet seen an explanation of HOW to set it up for TW that I understand.

Best wishes
Josiah

Ste Wilson

Apr 19, 2018, 7:20:13 PM4/19/18
to TiddlyWiki
Termux is just an app. Gives you a Linux console. Just follow nodejs instructions for Linux on tiddlywiki. Job done!

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 23, 2018, 2:22:40 PM4/23/18
to TiddlyWiki
Ste Wilson wrote:
Termux is just an app. Gives you a Linux console. Just follow nodejs instructions for Linux on tiddlywiki. Job done!

That's encouraging! Not least because though I am a real idiot, you seem like a partial idiot :-). So if you can set up nodejs (or Multi-User / Server / TiddlyDesktop Unix?) to do it as a doddle, I might be able to too? Fingers crossed.

J, x

Danielo Rodríguez

Apr 27, 2018, 4:24:21 AM4/27/18
to TiddlyWiki

  • Initial sign-up for a Bluemix/Cloudant account is confusing. This is needed for cross-platform sync.
Yes it is. I am already working on a NoteSelf dedicated service, where login will be very easy.
  • The Bluemix/Cloudant ID is used in Noteself as the Username-for-signing-edits. Great, if only the automatically-generated Bluemix/Cloudant ID isn't a long string of letters and numbers. Editing the Username-for-signing-edits tiddler doesn't help. It reverts on app/browser refresh. I've simply learned to live with it.

Also true, I noticed this and I am currently suffering it, so I'll try to fix it while adding support for NoteSelf login
  • I can't update plugins without uninstalling them first.

This is new. I don't understand why this happens. Have to investigate
  • If you're not using Vanilla theme, you'd have to wait a few seconds for your selected theme to load.
This was true on the past. I worked hard to change this, and surprisingly it works fine sometimes and some other times the behavior is as you describe. What I'm currently doing is extracting theme tiddlers from the database and injecting them into TW before it even boots. It may be related to an old version of noteself cached on your browser or may be related to TW internals.

  • On Noteself for Android, there is a default stylesheet that I have to manually disable for mobile layouts to work correctly.

Could you expand on that ? The android app works fine for me,specially with the latests versions and starting with a brand new wiki. Do you mean a NS stylesheet or a personal stylesheet from you ?

  • The storylist isn't synced cross-platform. I wish there's a setting to enable this.
This is by design. At first it was synced, but that cause lots of synchronization problems, mostly due to the fact that TW makes a special treatment of this tiddler. Also an surprising weird behavior is that open tiddlers are reflected on real time, so as a consequence you can not use it at the same time from two different places. It was some king of inconvenient real-time collaboration.

For all those users using or interested on NoteSelf:

I am working on a project to bring easy login flow to NoteSelf. It will use a passwordless approach, so you will not need to remember a password neither registration.
You will input your email and hit login, then we will generate a random pin with a small lifetime (say 30 minutes), then you input that pin on NoteSelf and we will provide you a long-term authentication token that will be automatically managed by NoteSelf.
At first the service should be considered beta, will be free and only one database per user will be provided.
I would like to know your opinions on this approach, if you like it or not and if you will use it.
There will be a section for novice users, for being able to use this easy-automatic workflow, and I'll keep a section for advanced users that want their own couch servers.

Regards

Ste Wilson

Apr 27, 2018, 4:37:34 AM4/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
Aha! Danielo!
It may be related to the plugins thing but I'm finding I can't import or save tiddlers strarting with $:\ which is why my templates aren't working. I have imported/cloned renamed with out the prefix and hit save. The non prefixed version is still there on a fefresh. The prefixed one is no where to be found.

This is true running directly from your github site and for the NoteSelf app which I have updated with the latest plugin versions.

Ste

Danielo Rodríguez

Apr 27, 2018, 4:45:45 AM4/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Ste,
 I have several plugins named with the $:/ prefix  and they are working fine. Please note that the prefix uses the normal slash ( / ), not backslash wich is used for escaping. Maybe that could be the problem ?
What do you mean by hitting save ? Tiddlers are saved automatically, no need to hit save unless you want to download the entire wiki as an html file.

Ste Wilson

Apr 27, 2018, 4:55:33 AM4/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
Yes I meant / :)
Let me clarify. If I import or create a shadow tiddler and a normal tiddler upon a browser refresh the shadow tiddler has gone no where to be found the normal tiddler is there. (the shadow is not found using an advanced search and templates that use it don't work).

I was speculating that that could be related to the plugin problem you had just commented on or it could be completely different problem.

Of it makes any difference in doing this from a mobile.

Ste

Danielo Rodríguez

Apr 27, 2018, 9:10:04 AM4/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Ste,

It should no make any different from mobile or desktop

Have you tried with a brand new empty notebook ?

Ste Wilson

Apr 27, 2018, 11:20:54 AM4/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
Downloaded fresh NoteSelf. Created tiddler $:/test and refreshed.
Advance search and $:/test is there in system.
Edit $:/test to $:/template or anything starting temp and refresh and no $:/template is found.
Curiouser and curiouser...

Bob Croft

Apr 29, 2018, 5:23:33 PM4/29/18
to TiddlyWiki
Short answer: Downloaded cloud copy opened with ES File Explorer into AndTidWiki.

My workflow is across a desktop, a chromebook, and Pixel 2. Most of my TW note taking happens on the chromebook.

I used TiddlyFox across everything, although that wasn't ideal on the Android. So I've used AndTidWiki for my last two phones which works fantastic. The only limitation is that the file has to go in the app's sub-folder, so isn't cloud synced. (I tried out the SaveTiddlers extension this year for the chrome browsers on the larger devices. That has the same limitation, but I keep it as a alternate option.) My solution is to use ES File Explorer which allows you to choose which app you want to open a file with. That way I can download my current cloud copy as needed and then open it in AndTidWiki from the download folder and not have to move the file around on the phone. It saves updates in the download folder. I've never had a misfire with AndTidWiki. I have to share it back to Google Drive to get it back on the cloud. Not ideal, but I only need a phone copy once or twice a month.

This year I'm in an academic environment and routinely have lectures in a large auditorium where connectivity was not reliable. Now that Chromebooks run apps, I use the same solution: Download file before lecture; Use ES File Explorer to open in AndTidWiki; Upload file after lecture.

I *love* TiddlyDrive is brilliant. That allows my google drive to be the "cloud thing" (as referenced in the thread) which is perfect. It did go down for about 48 hours once this year, reminding of the need for backup auto-save options. Alas there is nothing like it for android. ... Looks like I should check out NoteSelf.

Bob

Mark S.

Apr 29, 2018, 7:45:58 PM4/29/18
to TiddlyWiki
I just learned this week that the drive box app will let you open with AndTidWiki directly (without having to download first to the AndTidWiki sub-directory, nor having to copy back to DB directory).  I was surprised when trying the same thing on Google Drive that it didn't work (AndTidWiki was not offered as an app). I'm guessing it's because GD is looking for HTML editors, and AndTidWiki has identified itself as an HTML viewer. Adding a new "I CAN HANDLE JOB X" description to android apps is fairly easy -- if you have the source code.

-- Mark

JD

May 15, 2018, 10:27:36 AM5/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Danielo,

Very sorry for the late reply, I just came back from a long vacation. I love Noteself, by the way. It's really amazing once up and running! It behaves like how I expect a cross-platform syncing notes app would. Cheers for your hard work!

  • Initial sign-up for a Bluemix/Cloudant account is confusing. This is needed for cross-platform sync.
Yes it is. I am already working on a NoteSelf dedicated service, where login will be very easy.

I believe it's a difficulty with Bluemix/Cloudant itself. Because I'm a total beginner with Couch / Pouch and all that stuff, I just went ahead and tried the only service with some documentation in this forums.

  • The Bluemix/Cloudant ID is used in Noteself as the Username-for-signing-edits. Great, if only the automatically-generated Bluemix/Cloudant ID isn't a long string of letters and numbers. Editing the Username-for-signing-edits tiddler doesn't help. It reverts on app/browser refresh. I've simply learned to live with it.

Also true, I noticed this and I am currently suffering it, so I'll try to fix it while adding support for NoteSelf login

This would be great! Although one can really learn to live with it by removing the Username-for-signing-edits from the tiddler subtitle

  • I can't update plugins without uninstalling them first.

This is new. I don't understand why this happens. Have to investigate

Is this not happening in your browser? I update plugins and stuff with Chrome V66 for desktop (main TW driver besides your Android app)

  • On Noteself for Android, there is a default stylesheet that I have to manually disable for mobile layouts to work correctly.

Could you expand on that ? The android app works fine for me,specially with the latests versions and starting with a brand new wiki. Do you mean a NS stylesheet or a personal stylesheet from you ?

It's the stylesheet automatically loaded into the Android app, the specific tiddler is $:/plugins/noteself/android/styles/layout.css

The above stylesheet interferes with my Material Theme and Mobile Layout plugin (btw, those two can't be used together), so I just overwrote $:/plugins/noteself/android/styles/layout.css to make it blank.

  • The storylist isn't synced cross-platform. I wish there's a setting to enable this.
This is by design. At first it was synced, but that cause lots of synchronization problems, mostly due to the fact that TW makes a special treatment of this tiddler. Also an surprising weird behavior is that open tiddlers are reflected on real time, so as a consequence you can not use it at the same time from two different places. It was some king of inconvenient real-time collaboration.

Oh, alright. Although it kind of clashes with the neurotic way I use TW (quick creation, deletion, renaming of tiddlers), I guess I have to make do with it for now. Not really a big deal.

I am working on a project to bring easy login flow to NoteSelf. It will use a passwordless approach, so you will not need to remember a password neither registration.
You will input your email and hit login, then we will generate a random pin with a small lifetime (say 30 minutes), then you input that pin on NoteSelf and we will provide you a long-term authentication token that will be automatically managed by NoteSelf.

Is this like OAuth?

At first the service should be considered beta, will be free and only one database per user will be provided.

Where will the DataBase be hosted, and how private and secure would it be? I'm not familiar with highly technical backdoor stuff, please excuse my ignorance.

Again, thanks for your awesome stuff, Danielo!

-JD
Message has been deleted

@TiddlyTweeter

May 17, 2018, 5:38:34 AM5/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
If I had to guess what's at the heart of the restlessness of looking for other things ... it's the fact that I can't use it [TiddlyWiki] for everything...

For example, a big chunk of functionality is missing because I can't use it on my phone.

Yes, I know of the Android app, and I also think it's terrible next to the "real thing"- mostly because the phone, for me, is no place to sit down and write informative tiddlers with all that they require (Linux script to auto-resize and manipulate images so they fit well in tiddlers; tabs open of different topics and things I'm looking into, including this group; endless river of tiddlers reflecting on topic at hand; my journal...)

Edited from Shay Shaked's thread commenting on Android & TW.

@TiddlyTweeter

May 18, 2018, 9:13:03 AM5/18/18
to TiddlyWiki
From a frustrated Android user ...

I am constantly looking for tiddlywiki replacement. I use TW as my knowledge base. I am very happy with it but it is nodejs and it is quite tricky to use on mobile phone (keyboard is flaky)...

My setup is documented here gist.github.com/khia/471f8e74e…. The major problems are:

1. annoying dialog "Error retrieving skinny tiddler list: XMLHttpRequest error code 0"

2. editing is nearly impossible on the phone - layout scaling - keyboard cursor jumping so you cannot type
   -- @iilyak

Any suggestions for him?

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 11, 2018, 1:01:53 PM7/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
UPDATE: there is an interesting related thread to this going on here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/OmMiYXhJXKY

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 15, 2018, 6:29:42 AM9/15/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
UPDATES...

There is an interesting highly related thread on Android performance by Arlen here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?pli=1#!topic/tiddlywiki/hnBfXQJi3kY

Later in the thread he pins down at least part of the problem of slow loading under termux/node (i.e. tiddlers as files): https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/hnBfXQJi3kY/CjBygujdBAAJ

Arlen also made extensive GitHub notes about this issue here: https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/3450 They look precise & hopeful.

There is a VERY useful OVERVIEW blog post by Riz of his extensive playing Android here: https://treppenwitze.netlify.com/posts/options-in-android-platform/

In particular he points to "widdly" that has had virtually no attention in this GG but which performs well. There are at least two "widdly" implementations ...

- (main) https://gitlab.com/opennota/widdly

- (Hutchinson fork) https://github.com/xarnze/widdly

Best wishes
Josiah

cs8425

Sep 16, 2018, 5:17:47 AM9/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,
I had fork "widdly" for improving storage backend (flat file based) and account management.
Support updating TW5 based html file by clicking 'Save" button. (Can modify plugin without update the html file manually.)
Currently I'm working on multiple sub TW5 on same server.
You can give it a try. :)

@TiddlyTweeter於 2018年9月15日星期六 UTC+8下午6時29分42秒寫道:

Riz

Sep 16, 2018, 7:07:25 AM9/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi CS8425

I see you are taking xarnze's work forward. I was wondering if you could split the backends into different branches, so users can "go get" and switch branches to get choose whichever backend they prefer, instead of messing around in the code. Also, if you reach a stable position, please do release compiled versions.

sincerely
Riz

cs8425

Sep 17, 2018, 6:20:32 AM9/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,
It can select different backends without modify/re-compile the code now. :)
I released a compiled versions with flatFile and bbolt backends, no sqlite because corss-compile need cgo and more work.

Riz於 2018年9月16日星期日 UTC+8下午7時07分25秒寫道:

bimlas

Nov 19, 2018, 4:28:26 PM11/19/18
to TiddlyWiki
Sorry for writing in to a dead thread, but this site is really helpful:
A descriptive guide to set up Node.js version of TiddlyWiki on Android.

@TiddlyTweeter

Dec 24, 2018, 4:50:41 AM12/24/18
to TiddlyWiki
UPDATE --- 24th Dec. 2018 --- There is a newly emerging TW App. under active development for Android ... see here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/hQ-D0x5Z77c