Avoid initial animation

Danielo Rodríguez

Jul 30, 2016, 8:41:13 PM7/30/16
to TiddlyWiki
When you just open tiddliwiki, it automatically scrolls the page until the title of the first tiddler is at the very top of the page.

How can I avoid this behavior?

Thanks and regards.

Danielo Rodríguez

Jul 31, 2016, 7:16:11 AM7/31/16
to TiddlyWiki

Again, I have to say that google groups is an horrible, horrible tool.

I have been searching on the forum for a while, because I think there is something about this already written but cant' find anything. I suspect that Felix fixed the problem some way, but I can't even filter on user's messages, so...

Any help?

Jed Carty

Jul 31, 2016, 7:40:30 AM7/31/16
to TiddlyWiki
A while ago Tobias was trying to help me and Mat with this, he had made some workaround but there were problems with it that I never looked into too much. I think that the code that defines the top of the story river and that makes tiddlers scroll the way they do is deep in the tiddlywiki code and difficult enough to change that we gave up on it.

Danielo Rodríguez

Aug 1, 2016, 4:38:23 AM8/1/16
to TiddlyWiki
It's sad to hear that...

I ended fixing the header and using css tricks to position the first tiddler. Not a clean solution, but at least works.
I think that something so intrusive should be configurable.