[FF57] life after TiddlyLockPlugin

julien23

Dec 5, 2017, 7:48:34 AM12/5/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

TiddlyLockPlugin did not make it through FF57

Fortunatly
SharedTiddlersPlugin did
ownloadSaver is currently the only working solution across all browsers and OS

Based on this I am planning this to go multi-user again with this workaround :

In my template, move the SaveButton inside a Tiddler where the TiddlyWiki would self import at rendering with :
<<include "index.html" import:4>>

Is it a good idea or am I going into troubles ?

Regards

Julien

PMario

Dec 5, 2017, 5:31:05 PM12/5/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Julien,

Did you try WebDav https://tiddlywiki.com/#Saving%20via%20WebDAV ... The link contains links to some videos, that I made.

IMO this may be interesting for you. ... WebDav would allow content locking. ... but imo it would need some more support by the TW saver module.

have fun!
mario

Lost Admin

Dec 6, 2017, 10:25:54 AM12/6/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
For what it's worth, I've been using TiddlyWiki with the WebDav saver for many months now. I did some testing with  using Apache (2.4) (and IIS on Windows 10) and it works well.

The only issue I have, which PMario alluded to, is that the WebDav saver does not properly get a new "token" to be able to identify if the tiddlywiki file has been modified. This means you have to reload the Tiddlywiki in the browser manually after every save. It's annoying but pretty easy as a work around.