Anybody experiencing a "fork" in Quine storage?

JWHoneycutt

Mar 2, 2019, 10:30:15 AM3/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
I want to be able to see and modify my TW5.html on my iphone - I can with my current setup, but it is totally unsatisfactory, here is why:

I create a TW5.html file on my MacBookPro (MacOS Mojave v.10.14.3)
:I save and access it through TiddlyDesktop (v.0.0.13)
:onto Dropbox (automatically synchs with iPhone) inside a specific directory (/Dropbox/Apps/)
:and I have Quine (Apple app store, Chris Hunt, v.1.3) on my iPhone (8 plus) and iPad mini

Quine allows me to SEE the TW5.html file, which is great for referrence - I pull up my shopping list, or confirm a prior payment, or pull up a password

Everything is fine, until... I MODIFY the TW5.html file from the iPhone.

It is as though I forked the TW5.html file - the laptop has one version with its changes, and the iPhone has a different version which ignores the recent changes made on the laptop but does have the changes made on the iPhone from a week ago.

Obviously, I am trying to have a single source of truth, with all modifications reflected back onto the laptop AND the iPhone.

Quine behavior may have changed recently - Quine used to inform me (download/upload/conflict) prior to accessing a TW5.html file that was modified - and those notifications have disappeared.  Also, I can't figure out where the "forked" iPhone version is stored.

Anybody experiencing this?

Alfonso Arciniega

Mar 4, 2019, 4:51:35 PM3/4/19
to TiddlyWiki
JW,

I have tested this issue using Quine / iPhone XS / MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 / TiddlyDesktop 0.0.13.

Quine is working fine to me. However, the issue you described could happen if you save your TW before you accept the changes in your tiddler. Make sure you accepted all changes in all your edited tiddlers and only then save your TW in you iPhone. Thereafter Quine tells you to upload your edited TW.

Alfonso