How to highlight the search keyword after clicking the search results

148 megtekintés
Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

Java Developer

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 7. 10:38:012019. 11. 07.
– tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is it possible to highlight the keyword entered on clicking search results instead of manually again click ctr+f and put the same keyword. Is it possible or already available with a setting or any plugin is available..

search results with highlighting the search keyword on navigating through the search results

Thanks

Ste Wilson

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 7. 10:57:092019. 11. 07.
– TiddlyWiki
The context search plug in will hi98j765ggh results but not sure if that's exactly what your after.

You can find it from bit.ly/tiddlytools

Java Developer

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 7. 11:49:302019. 11. 07.
– tiddl...@googlegroups.com

I tried this plugin but it doesn't work in the latest tiddly wiki am using the latest.

How to convey to the developer of the plugin to upgrade to the latest version? If the developer is not available, can someone clone and fix the bug ?

Thanks

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 9:27 PM Ste Wilson <needco...@gmail.com> wrote:
The context search plug in will hi98j765ggh results but not sure if that's exactly what your after.

You can find it from bit.ly/tiddlytools

Eric Shulman

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 7. 13:25:532019. 11. 07.
– TiddlyWiki
On Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 7:57:09 AM UTC-8, Ste Wilson wrote:
The context search plug in will hi98j765ggh results but not sure if that's exactly what your after.

You can find it from bit.ly/tiddlytools

Please do not use "tiddlytools" in link shortcuts.  I have been using "TiddlyTools" as my professional consulting trademark/servicemark since 2005, and it creates confusion if it is used to refer to other sites.

"ELS Design Studios", "TiddlyTools", "TiddlyStudios", "TiddlyTech", "TiddlyLabs", "Small Tools for Big Ideas!", "Intuitive Interfaces for Intelligent Interactions" and the "i4" logo (in graphical and text forms) are trademarks or servicemarks of ELS Design Studios and may not be used without permission. Limited use of "ELS Design Studios" and "TiddlyTools" marks in other works is granted for attribution purposes only. Such use does not create or imply any endorsement, agency or partner relationship with Eric L. Shulman and/or ELS Design Studios, nor with any designated representatives, agents, or heirs thereof.

"ELS Design Studios", "TiddlyTools", "Inside TiddlyWiki", "Small Tools for Big Ideas!", and "Intuitive Interfaces for Intelligent Interactions" are trademarks or servicemarks of ELS Design Studios and may not be used without permission.  Limited use of "ELS Design Studios", "TiddlyTools" and "Inside TiddlyWiki" marks in other works is granted for attribution purposes only.  Such use does not create or imply any endorsement, agency or partner relationship with Eric L. Shulman and/or ELS Design Studios, nor with any designated representatives, agents, or heirs thereof.

-e
Eric Shulman

Ton Gerner

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 7. 14:10:492019. 11. 07.
– TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I tried this plugin but it doesn't work in the latest tiddly wiki am using the latest.

How to convey to the developer of the plugin to upgrade to the latest version? If the developer is not available, can someone clone and fix the bug ?

 Danielo's Context (search) plugin v 2.1.0 does work in the latest version of TiddlyWiki:

Context_search.png

There is one minor issue that does not affect the standard highlighting.
The class tw-context ought to be tc-context (TW 5.0.16 beta changed the prefix for classe from tw- to tc-). 2 tiddlers contain tc-context:

* $:/plugins/danielo515/ContextPlugin/Stylesheet/results
* $:/plugins/danielo515/ContextPlugin/widgets/context.js

Cheers,

Ton

Ste Wilson

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 7. 17:34:412019. 11. 07.
– TiddlyWiki
Apologies eric

Java Developer

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 7. 19:29:372019. 11. 07.
– tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ton Gerner,

Can you please kindly help with a step by step screenshot? I tried in latest and all version but i get only the following screenshot and not the one which you have observed....Please help me how to bring the UI as you get...Below is after dragging the URL - http://contextplugin.tiddlyspot.com/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Fdanielo515%2FContextPlugin

image.png

Thanks.

Az üzenetet töröltük.

Birthe C

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 8. 2:53:462019. 11. 08.
– TiddlyWiki
After importing the plugin, save and refresh your wiki. Opening advanced search you should have a tab context search. If you want that any other place you should follow the description i the plugins readme.

Birthe

bimlas

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 8. 6:01:172019. 11. 08.
– TiddlyWiki
It occurred to me that I was starting to implement this feature in the past, just stuck with it. I fixed the bugs and it looks like it could be a useful plgin.

ATTENTION! UNDER DEVELOPMENT, don't use it in real wiki!

https://bimlas.gitlab.io/tw5-highlight-searched-text

Birthe C

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 8. 7:23:432019. 11. 08.
– TiddlyWiki
Hi BImlas,

It works well, I like it. The weakness being that the tiddlers have to be visible. I would need it the most when I have lots of tiddlers.

Birthe

bimlas

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 8. 8:32:302019. 11. 08.
– TiddlyWiki
I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what you are saying (due to my language weakness): how do you want to highlight the search term within the tiddler's text if the tiddler's text is not visible?

Birthe C

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 8. 10:44:012019. 11. 08.
– TiddlyWiki
It is totally my fault. After drinking a lot of coffee, I woke up and found my remarks stupid. I tested it in my favourite private TW with lots of tiddlers. It  works.
I guess my fault was partly due to me having used Danielos context search for a long while.
It is obvious that we have to have the tiddler text visible to see the highlighted text. The search result can be quite a lot of tiddler titles to open. That was what I thought, but practically testing it in my wiki, I find that I most often have an idea, which tiddlers would be relevant. ;-)

Birthe

Java Developer

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 8. 12:06:282019. 11. 08.
– tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Birthe,

On refresh, i get the following error....Also, does it highlight the search results and later the page when clicked the search results page as well...The Context plugin just highlight at one level only.....

image.png

Birthe C

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 8. 12:58:362019. 11. 08.
– TiddlyWiki
Java Developer,

I did not get any javascript errors when refreshing.

Birthe

fredag den 8. november 2019 kl. 18.06.28 UTC+1 skrev Java Developer:
Birthte,

Mark S.

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 8. 13:56:032019. 11. 08.
– TiddlyWiki
@Birthe --  I thought your comment made perfect sense!

What I thought you meant was that the tiddlers have to open in the story river. That is a draw-back to this approach. You have to open each potential tiddler to see the context. It's still handy, of course.

bimlas

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 8. 14:33:172019. 11. 08.
– TiddlyWiki
Java Developer,

Your browser seems to be Edge, am I right? Unfortunatelly it does not supporting a required feature (window.find()) so I'm affraid the "plugin" does not works on all machines at least for now.

Could you please copy the text of the error? I can't see it, the picture is too small. Seems to be "Unexpected identifier" (?).

fredag den 8. november 2019 kl. 14.32.30 UTC+1 skrev bimlas:
I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what you are saying (due to my language weakness): how do you want to highlight the search term within the tiddler's text if the tiddler's text is not visible?

Mark S.

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 8. 14:37:362019. 11. 08.
– TiddlyWiki
Right click on image. View image. -- much easier to read.

bimlas

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 8. 15:03:412019. 11. 08.
– TiddlyWiki
It works, thanks!

Java Developer, the date of Readme on the screenshot differs from the current one, maybe I uploaded a broken version, please try it again.

bimlas

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 11. 2:33:462019. 11. 11.
– TiddlyWiki
Updated the "plugin":

It uses the Mark.js library because it is faster, emphasizes separate words and works in all browsers. Highlighting is now performed when you open search results or clicking outside of the search entry.

It's still WIP, DO NOT USE ON REAL WIKIS

bimlas

olvasatlan,
2019. nov. 11. 16:48:012019. 11. 11.
– TiddlyWiki