[TW5-node] How to trigger a rebuild of $__StoryList.tid

Captain Packers

Feb 20, 2017, 7:38:26 PM2/20/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know how to trigger a rebuild of $__StoryList.tid withouth having to restart the tiddlywiki server?

PMario

Feb 21, 2017, 5:40:53 AM2/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 1:38:26 AM UTC+1, Captain Packers wrote:
Does anyone know how to trigger a rebuild of $__StoryList.tid withouth having to restart the tiddlywiki server?

If nothing changed, the StoryList isn't updated. If you changed something, that should have updated the list, you found a but.

So it would be nice if you tell us, so that we can fix it.

-m

Matt Groth

Feb 21, 2017, 9:39:12 PM2/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
By rebuild are you referring which tiddlers are open and closed on the storyboard or the actual contents of $__StoryList.tid on the server?

Xavier Cazin

Feb 22, 2017, 4:04:02 AM2/22/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Captain Packers,

One thing you might do instead of rebuilding/reloading/reputting $:/StoryList is to merely alter $:/core/ui/PageTemplate/story so that it loads your tiddler as soon as it is present, in addition to the story list.

Cheers,

-- Xavier Cazin

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 1:38 AM, Captain Packers <drd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone know how to trigger a rebuild of $__StoryList.tid withouth having to restart the tiddlywiki server?

Captain Packers

Feb 22, 2017, 11:48:50 AM2/22/17
to TiddlyWiki
I believe I'm looking to updat the contents of $__StoryList.tid. If I drop a new .tid file in the folder that I created on a mobile device, I can't see the new tiddler in the TiddlyWiki unless I restart the server. I'm wondering if there is a way to refresh $__StoryList.tid without having to restart the server, and if that would make the new tiddlers appear/viewable.

Captain Packers

Feb 22, 2017, 11:49:55 AM2/22/17
to TiddlyWiki
If I drop a new .tid that I created on a mobile device in my tiddler folder, I can't see the new tiddler in the TiddlyWiki unless I restart the server. I'm wondering if there is a way to refresh $__StoryList.tid without having to restart the server, and if that would make the new tiddlers appear/viewable.

Captain Packers

Feb 22, 2017, 3:16:06 PM2/22/17
to TiddlyWiki
How would you do that?

Captain Packers

Feb 22, 2017, 3:17:39 PM2/22/17
to TiddlyWiki

PMario

Feb 22, 2017, 4:02:40 PM2/22/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 5:48:50 PM UTC+1, Captain Packers wrote:
I believe I'm looking to updat the contents of $__StoryList.tid. If I drop a new .tid file in the folder that I created on a mobile device, I can't see the new tiddler in the TiddlyWiki unless I restart the server. I'm wondering if there is a way to refresh $__StoryList.tid without having to restart the server, and if that would make the new tiddlers appear/viewable.

The $:/StoryList tiddler is not responsible for updating anything in the node server context. It's a tiddler, that contains a list field, that represents the "story list" .. that's all.

At the moment it's not possible to insert tiddlers from other devices into the filesystem, without restarting the server. .. There is no code in the server that watches the directory, reloads the server and notifies the clients.

-m

Matt Groth

Feb 22, 2017, 10:13:50 PM2/22/17
to TiddlyWiki
At the moment it's not possible to insert tiddlers from other devices into the filesystem, without restarting the server. .. There is no code in the server that watches the directory, reloads the server and notifies the clients.

I am able to insert tiddlers without restarting the server by injecting javascripts in a Chrome extension.

Riz

Feb 22, 2017, 10:15:40 PM2/22/17
to TiddlyWiki
You got to restart the server. That does not mean you have to do it manually. Try using something like nodemon to watch the folder and restart when there are changes.

Xavier Cazin

Feb 23, 2017, 4:45:17 AM2/23/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Captain Packers,

I was thinking about something like replacing

<$list filter="[list[$:/StoryList]]" history="$:/HistoryList" template="$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate" editTemplate="$:/core/ui/EditTemplate" storyview={{$:/view}} emptyMessage={{$:/config/EmptyStoryMessage}}/>

by

<$list filter="[title[Your Incoming Tiddler Title]!haschanged[]] [list[$:/StoryList]]" history="$:/HistoryList" template="$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate" editTemplate="$:/core/ui/EditTemplate" storyview={{$:/view}} emptyMessage={{$:/config/EmptyStoryMessage}}/>

Not quite satisfying as it would mean that your incoming tiddlers would be sticky on the page until you change them in some ways. But maybe there is a more clever use of the filters.

Cheers,
X.

-- Xavier Cazin

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Captain Packers <drd...@gmail.com> wrote:
How would you do that?

Xavier Cazin

Feb 23, 2017, 12:39:10 PM2/23/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Captain Packers is right to say that one can insert tiddlers in a running wiki server. For instance, consider this command:

curl -v  -H "Content-Type: application/json"  -X PUT \
       --data-binary '{ "text": "Some content above the line", "tags": "[[incoming content]] $:/tags/AboveStory"}' \
         "http://127.0.0.1:8080/recipes/default/tiddlers/MyTiddler"

If a wiki server is running at http://127.0.0.1:8080, issuing this command in a shell will surely create (or replace) a tiddler which title is MyTiddler and which content will appear above the Story List.

More interesting things can be done as soon as you add fields to be processed by a template :

curl -v  -H "Content-Type: application/json"  -X PUT \
       --data-binary '{ "text": "{{||A template to handle data}}", "tags": "[[incoming data]] $:/tags/AboveStory", "data1":"whatever" }' \
         "http://127.0.0.1:8080/recipes/default/tiddlers/MyDataTiddler1"

Now, I'm not sure that placing such tiddlers in the Story List is a good idea. If we want them to be visible as soon as they are loaded, we may be better off giving them a tag that make them appear at a known place (like on the side bar).

X.

-- Xavier Cazin