Basecamp - there was some relation, right?

Mat

Oct 17, 2016, 3:58:17 AM10/17/16
to TiddlyWiki
I vaguely recall, possibly from some interview with Jeremy, about there was some connection between Basecamp and TW? Maybe the connection was as simple as Jeremy being inspired by it? I'm currently at a company that uses Basecamp and its front definitely feels like a TW in many ways. Anybody knows?

<:-)

Jeremy Ruston

Oct 17, 2016, 6:07:20 AM10/17/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mat

I vaguely recall, possibly from some interview with Jeremy, about there was some connection between Basecamp and TW? Maybe the connection was as simple as Jeremy being inspired by it?

There are couple of points I might have been making:

* referencing Basecamp as one of the new wave of web 2.0 services in 2004, of which TiddlyWiki Classic was arguably also a part. That was in the days when we were impressed with content being loaded without a full page load

* giving Basecamp as an example of a service with very restricted functionality and little configuration, kind of the opposite of TiddlyWiki

I'm currently at a company that uses Basecamp and its front definitely feels like a TW in many ways. Anybody knows?

I’m also using Basecamp at the moment on a project for a client. I’m actually personally finding it pretty clunky and old fashioned, but it’s a good match for the overall needs of the people involved.

Best wishes

Jeremy

<:-)