Tamasha Presentation Plugin [planned for early Feb]

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 19, 2021, 10:26:23 PM1/19/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Tamasha is a pure wikitext (pure Tiddlywiki scripts no JS) plugin for presentation and slideshow.
The idea was taken from my older plugin Tiddlyshow (https://kookma.github.io/Tiddlyshow/)

The reason to develop another presentation plugin was to have a simpler and a more natural TW plugin. Tamasha is around 20kb and has many features of MS Powerpoint and Google Slides and Beamer LaTeX. The other reason was the increasing need of such tools for my own online classes. The lectures can be distributed simply as a single or few Tiddlywiki files.

To shine your ideas buried in tiddlers just tag them and fire your presentation by calling a small macro whenever you want. A tiddler can be part of several presentations.
You can even have two or more presentations in a single tiddler just by calling the presenter macro several times with different settings.

It supports almost all Tiddlywiki features, and works with most plugins and themes, e.g. KaTeX, Highlight.js, Shiraz, Streams, Todolist, Notebook, Projectify, ...
Tamasha supports templates (to customize what to display) and themes (fonts, colors and fancy things,...)
Like all commercial presentation software, it supports keyboard shortcuts for navigation, ...

I plan to add features like export a presentation to PDF, export to zip file, zooming and online annotation and laser pointer, ...

I have attached a small video to present the under development Tamasha.

I like to get your feedback in advance to see what you like to have in a presentation plugin. Share with me your wish list.

Best wishes
Mohammad
Tamasha.mp4

TW Tones

Jan 19, 2021, 11:51:16 PM1/19/21
to TiddlyWiki
Looks Promising Mohammad, thanks for you continuing contributions.

Tones

Ste

Jan 20, 2021, 10:56:55 AM1/20/21
to TiddlyWiki

But.. We have only just had Christmas.. It can't be December already!
I'll have a look at this as I made good use of tiddlyshow!

coda coder

Jan 20, 2021, 6:02:19 PM1/20/21
to TiddlyWiki
Classy. Good work, Mohammad.

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 24, 2021, 1:02:34 PM1/24/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
The beta release of Tamasha is on the GitHub now! There is no documentation yet, but there are plenty of examples.
Tamasha was baked using my previous plugin TiddlyShow, but Tamasha is small, fast and much more native when it comes to be used in a daily note taking Tiddlywiki.

Still there are many features to be implemented, but this beta release is quite powerful to be used for a real presentation.
Do not use it before making backup from your wikis. Use with care. This is a beta release.

For learning plugin features, syntax, tutorial and examples see the plugin demo and code pages

Demo: https://kookma.github.io/TW-Tamasha/
Code: https://github.com/kookma/TW-Tamasha

I would appreciate your feedback on

1. usability, ease and speed
2. performance, good programming style (a developer point of view)

Note:
Tamasha works very well on big screens and small ones, by the way it was not tested on very small screens like old mobile devices.

Best wishes
Mohammad

Sylvain Naudin

Jan 24, 2021, 2:20:27 PM1/24/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammad,

Great to see this beta release to play with it !
(Just notice you talk about KaTeX plugin, but since it's not present, the slide is not rendering good).

I don't know if it's possible (or desirable) but I would see the text a bit bigger when the resolution / display is bigger (on a 1920px the text could be a bit too small for me ; but if we can play very well with the zoom of our browser).

Will play with it a little more soon.
Cheers,
Sylvain

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 24, 2021, 2:42:35 PM1/24/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sylvain,

I forgot to include the KaTex plugin in the demo. It was fixed.
You can play with font size through Tamasha themes. But please let me know which font size you prefer on HD screens.
By the way, Tamasha is not optimized for small screens. I need to add required css.

Best wishes
Mohammad

clutterstack

Jan 24, 2021, 3:05:20 PM1/24/21
to TiddlyWiki
Beautiful, Mohammad!

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 24, 2021, 11:37:25 PM1/24/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 11:35 PM clutterstack  wrote:
Beautiful, Mohammad!

Thank you Chris. I will add documentation over the next weekend.
Your feedback specially on the performance is highly welcome.

Cheers
Mohammad

Odin

Jan 25, 2021, 6:36:16 AM1/25/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammed,

This is a great plugin! It looks pretty and feels intuitive when trying it out on the demo page. I tried it out on a backup of my personal wiki that contains schoolnotes. I copied the presenter macro from one of the demo's and swapped out the tag for one that contains notes around a topic. My feedback:
  • The customizability is great. Being able to add a footer, adjust the height and change themes is really cool.
  • I think it is a great thing that the height accepts CSS inputs, I set it to 90vh for a better full-screen experience.
  • With longer notes, the text will overflow and will not be visible. I think it would be great to have it automatically adjust font-size to fit the screen. Or have an option to adjust font size for some slides. (note, I was testing it with tiddlers not made for slides ofcourse, but I can imagine this is a handy feature If you want to be able to fit more text on screen)
  • Keyboard buttons work great. I like how there are several options to move forward and backwards in the slideshow, and to enter and leave the presentation. Took me a while to figure out the Q-key is used to leave. I first thought it meant going into tiddler-edit mode.
  • On the demo page the background slide behind the text when you scroll past the toddler (in normal mode) creating a parallax-like effect. Is this the intended behaviour? It doesn't impact fullscreen mode so it isn't a problem in most cases.
  • The slides are interactive, which is a great feature! I made slide containing my recipe plugin dashboard and I could click on the tabs, buttons, input text (but not remove the text with backspace clear the input, delete worked). You could use this to hide text behind the details macro from Shiraz, which is useful for presentations. I think this makes Tamasha especially useful for making presentations about TiddlyWiki, as you can show the wikitexts results and interact with them while in fullscreen presentationmode.
    (You could also for example add projectify to one of the slides to create tasks while still being inside of the presentations. This could be very handy)
  • I think a button that opens up the current slide as a tiddler and then navigates you to it would be practical. For if you want to see the original tiddler you can open it up right from the slideshow.
  • When users create new slideshows, they have to tag each slide/tiddler for each slide show. This can be a little tedious as it requires you to open up each tiddler, edit it and save it again. Tinka, the plugin package plugin has a great way to select tiddlers to be packaged. You can search or use filters to create a list that you then can select tiddlers from a checkbox. I think something similar can be really useful to make the creation of slides more seamless.
These are my thoughts so far. I hope it helps you with the development. Feel free to ignore the feedback if it doesn't fit your vision. I am really looking forward to seeing how this project develops!

TiddlyTweeter

Jan 25, 2021, 8:19:25 AM1/25/21
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mohammad

Great work. I have little to say as it works really well. Two small issues ...

1 - On Presentation Mode on FF Windows there is dead white-space at the bottom that does not need to be there ...

Screenshot 2021-01-25 140903.jpg
2 - I think it would be helpful to have an explicit "GOD MODE" :-). What I mean is a clearer way to force a presentation to display on start-up. So it acts a bit like a "kiosk". So you can put online a show that is JUST the show, with NO access to author mode.

Overall it is a really great piece of work---both on desktop and on mobile.

Best wishes
TT

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 25, 2021, 10:42:22 AM1/25/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 3:06 PM Odin  wrote:
Hi Mohammed,

Hi Odin,

This is a great plugin! It looks pretty and feels intuitive when trying it out on the demo page. I tried it out on a backup of my personal wiki that contains schoolnotes. I copied the presenter macro from one of the demo's and swapped out the tag for one that contains notes around a topic.

Thank you.

My feedback:
  • The customizability is great. Being able to add a footer, adjust the height and change themes is really cool.

The presenter macro can be called with only one input parameter, the tag! so <<presenter myTalk>> fires up a presentation but It accepts many inputs to set height, width, theme, template, loop (non-stop going through slides),....
I tried to me a real citizen of Tiddlywiki and there is no need to learn anything special.

  • I think it is a great thing that the height accepts CSS inputs, I set it to 90vh for a better full-screen experience.
That's true. So, you can have a dynamic height and width when you switch from your monitor (small screen) to a projector on a wall (big screen).

  • With longer notes, the text will overflow and will not be visible. I think it would be great to have it automatically adjust font-size to fit the screen. Or have an option to adjust font size for some slides. (note, I was testing it with tiddlers not made for slides ofcourse, but I can imagine this is a handy feature If you want to be able to fit more text on screen)

I like this and was not successful by now. I welcome any help in this regard. BUT please note that a slide has four to seven items/lines. See the  Best practice slideshow in demo.
All in all, I think for slides we need tiddlers with little information.

This is another issue. I should ask @BTC to see how to capture the reserved Esc key for exiting the presentation mode. Most browsers use Esc to exit from full screen and I could not set it for Tamasha.

  • On the demo page the background slide behind the text when you scroll past the toddler (in normal mode) creating a parallax-like effect. Is this the intended behaviour? It doesn't impact fullscreen mode so it isn't a problem in most cases.

Yes, it is intentional, but I will move them to sub plugins and Tamasha will be shipped with minimum general purpose themes.

  • The slides are interactive, which is a great feature! I made slide containing my recipe plugin dashboard and I could click on the tabs, buttons, input text (but not remove the text with backspace clear the input, delete worked). You could use this to hide text behind the details macro from Shiraz, which is useful for presentations. I think this makes Tamasha especially useful for making presentations about TiddlyWiki, as you can show the wikitexts results and interact with them while in fullscreen presentationmode.

I will work on this, but yes the shortcuts used for navigation will not work for editing and like that!

  • (You could also for example add projectify to one of the slides to create tasks while still being inside of the presentations. This could be very handy)
I tried projectify and Notebook but I did not edit in presentation mode!

  • I think a button that opens up the current slide as a tiddler and then navigates you to it would be practical. For if you want to see the original tiddler you can open it up right from the slideshow.

This can be simply implemented! There are two templates! The vanilla template uses a setting to disable all links, duplicate it and enable links. Then it lets you go to the tiddler for edit!
I can add a template and ship with Tamasha, but it is easy to create yourself.

  • When users create new slideshows, they have to tag each slide/tiddler for each slide show. This can be a little tedious as it requires you to open up each tiddler, edit it and save it again. Tinka, the plugin package plugin has a great way to select tiddlers to be packaged. You can search or use filters to create a list that you then can select tiddlers from a checkbox. I think something similar can be really useful to make the creation of slides more seamless.

This is what I thought about a lot. I tried to have a simple and semantic macro for presentation. It is quite simple to accept filters instead of Tags. See my dynamic table in Shiraz. but then there is more complexity for example to change the order of slides and so on...

What I thought is, Commander lets you write a very complex filter to select tiddlers among many in your wiki and then with one or two clicks add such a tag.

These are my thoughts so far. I hope it helps you with the development. Feel free to ignore the feedback if it doesn't fit your vision. I am really looking forward to seeing how this project develops!

I really appreciate your useful comments and I will absolutely will use feedbacks to improve Tamasha.

Op maandag 25 januari 2021 om 05:37:25 UTC+1 schreef Mohammad:

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 11:35 PM clutterstack  wrote:
Beautiful, Mohammad!

Thank you Chris. I will add documentation over the next weekend.
Your feedback specially on the performance is highly welcome.

Cheers
Mohammad

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 25, 2021, 10:49:28 AM1/25/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 4:49 PM TiddlyTweeter wrote:
Ciao Mohammad

Hello Josiah,

Great work. I have little to say as it works really well. Two small issues ...

Thank you!

1 - On Presentation Mode on FF Windows there is dead white-space at the bottom that does not need to be there ...

Screenshot 2021-01-25 140903.jpg

I am not sure, but I think that's the slot for the progress bar. Check the presentation with the vanda theme and note how the progress bar works!
Side note: all themes, like vanda, mitra, irana, homa, ... are ancient Persian girl names :-) The vanda theme is the basic one.

2 - I think it would be helpful to have an explicit "GOD MODE" :-). What I mean is a clearer way to force a presentation to display on start-up. So it acts a bit like a "kiosk". So you can put online a show that is JUST the show, with NO access to author mode.

I like your idea. I also think I need to have another demo page especially if we target non-Tiddlywikians.

Overall it is a really great piece of work---both on desktop and on mobile.

The stylesheets need to be improved and be responsive.

Best wishes
TT

Much appreciated!

Mohammad wrote:
Tamasha is a pure wikitext (pure Tiddlywiki scripts no JS) plugin for presentation and slideshow.
The idea was taken from my older plugin Tiddlyshow (https://kookma.github.io/Tiddlyshow/)

TiddlyTweeter

Jan 25, 2021, 2:15:49 PM1/25/21
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad wrote:
I also think I need to have another demo page especially if we target non-Tiddlywikians.

I COMPLETELY agree! :-) It is an application that can be used to communicate well and clearly. There is no need for anyone to know what it is built on if the aim is just to show slides! That is a great purpose.

Best wishes
TT

Michael Wiktowy

Jan 25, 2021, 2:38:38 PM1/25/21
to TiddlyWiki
Quite nice look and feel and functionality. Great job.

Is there a simple way to handle over-sized content like automatic autoscaling? That seems to be the Achilles heel of most presentation apps.

Tamasha is to TiddlyWiki as what Sozi is to Inkscape/SVGs ... I wonder if there is some cross-over to bring in some rich and unique functionality. I have never tried to display a Sozi-generated SVG in TiddlyWiki but I would imagine with Tamasha it might compete for keyboard/mouse events.

/Mike

Måns Mårtensson

Jan 25, 2021, 5:18:12 PM1/25/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohammad

Great work and a nice and simple proposition for presenting stuff in TW!

I’d love to be able to press a button and print PDF handouts (one page per slide) to my students.

Maybe I would even like to add a little space on pages for adding personale notes...

Any chance that you will implement features like this in the future?

Cheers Måns

TW Tones

Jan 25, 2021, 6:49:26 PM1/25/21
to TiddlyWiki
Måns,

This could be quite easy to do on your own, one reason is that by definition slides are often landscape and pages portrait.
  • Create a new tiddler that displays/transcludes all slides within it (with a list widget)
    • After each slide display the "personal notes: and or the authors slide notes
    • After the notes use css to display/force a page break
  • Open final result in New window
  • Print to PDF
Of course Mohammad can create the single tiddler view and add it to the plugin

Regards
Tones
Message has been deleted

Nicolas Petton

Jan 26, 2021, 3:14:36 AM1/26/21
to Mohammad Rahmani, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Mohammad Rahmani <mohammad...@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Mohammad,

> Tamasha is a pure wikitext (pure Tiddlywiki scripts no JS) plugin for
> presentation and slideshow.

I just tried the online demo, and it looks absolutely great! It feels
very well integrated into TiddlyWiki. The fact that it's WikiText gives
it super powers. The progress slider is also very slick.

The only feedback that I have is that it took me a white to realize that
the image button was actually a button to toggle full screen mode.
Why not using $:/core/images/full-screen-button for the image?

Cheers,
Nico
signature.asc

TiddlyTweeter

Jan 26, 2021, 6:16:36 AM1/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
Nicolas Petton wrote:
The only feedback that I have is that it took me a white to realize that
the image button was actually a button to toggle full screen mode.
Why not using $:/core/images/full-screen-button for the image?

Right I think. It is a small point. A cosmetic, but if it is easy to fix then I think it would be a good idea.

This issue is this. To start full screen ...

to-full.jpg

... well that is the icon for image, not full-screen, as Nicolas wrote.

But it is also an issue on remove full screen ...

to-normal.jpg
... which looks too "final".

It is a small cosmetic point but maybe an angled arrow (up) to expand and another pointing the other way (down) to collapse?

Just a comment
TT

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 26, 2021, 6:30:58 AM1/26/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi TT,
Thank you for your feedback.  Sure I will correct them, perhaps use the same icons.

Best wishes
Mohammad

TiddlyTweeter

Jan 26, 2021, 6:49:44 AM1/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad wrote:
Thank you for your feedback.  Sure I will correct them, perhaps use the same icons.

Thank YOU for caring. Right, same icon could work too.

TT

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 26, 2021, 7:15:48 AM1/26/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
One issue I could not resolve yet is to hide nav buttons after a few seconds and appear it on mouse move.
If you note while you keep the mouse on the slide the nav buttons are displayed.

Hope someone come with a solution (of course without JS)

Best wishes
Mohammad

dieg...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2021, 9:07:56 AM1/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
This is lovely! It reminds me of the reveal.js presentation framework!

coda coder

Jan 26, 2021, 12:57:21 PM1/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 6:15:48 AM UTC-6 Mohammad wrote:
One issue I could not resolve yet is to hide nav buttons after a few seconds and appear it on mouse move.
If you note while you keep the mouse on the slide the nav buttons are displayed.

Hope someone come with a solution (of course without JS)

You could probably get some mileage using $eventcatcher and mouseover. I think I would create an area slightly larger than the the nav area and, when the mouse hovers that area, show the buttons. When the mouse hovers the presentation area, hide the nav buttons. Make sure you don't hide the nav area itself, you will not get the buttons back ;)

coda coder

Jan 26, 2021, 2:26:24 PM1/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
Drop this in a tiddler at tiddlywiki.com. If you use it, remove the $action-log widgets.

\define nav-out-actions()
<$action-log $$message="nav-out" $$filter="currentTiddler" event=<<event-type>> />
<$action-setfield $field=btn-class $value=hide />
\end
\define nav-over-actions()
<$action-log $$message="nav-over" $$filter="currentTiddler" event=<<event-type>> />
<$action-setfield $field=btn-class $value=show />
\end

<$eventcatcher events="mouseover" selector=".pres" actions-mouseover=<<nav-out-actions>>>
</$eventcatcher>

<$eventcatcher events="mouseover mouseout" selector=".nav"
  actions-mouseover=<<nav-over-actions>> actions-mouseout=<<nav-out-actions>>

 Navigation
</$eventcatcher>

.show { visibility:visible; }
.hide { visibility:hidden; }
.nav {
 background-color:red;
 color:#fff;

height:80px;
 padding:30px;
}
.nav {
}
.pres {
 background-color:blue;
 color:#fff;
 min-height:200px
}

Nicolas Petton

Jan 26, 2021, 2:56:53 PM1/26/21
to Mohammad Rahmani, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Mohammad Rahmani <mohammad...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hope someone come with a solution (of course without JS)

Why not use a bit of JavaScript there? Are you trying to avoid
JavaScript for some reason?

Cheers,
Nico
signature.asc

Ste

Jan 26, 2021, 7:49:15 PM1/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammed
JD's white space theme (I think) has that hover over and disappear effect your looking for. I have no clue how he achieved it... M

Jeronimo Minino

Jan 27, 2021, 1:52:23 AM1/27/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi, Mohammad!
Tamasha looks great, thank you so much for sharing your excellent work.

2 comments:

1.
About the progress bar:

I think the progress bar will be very useful for students who see lesson presentations,
specially in such situations where the presenter must go back and forth between slides,
because at any moment the student can perceive the position of the current slide along a simple linear structure.

For that reason, in some cases I will want to make the progress bar even more visible and conspicuous (a thick, custom-colored bar!).
How can I make such modification by myself?
In which tiddler is the code located which effects color and thickness of the progress bar?

2.
About "templates" in Tamasha:

I don't understand what those templates are or what they do. Have I missed the place where this is documented?

Have a nice day!
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jeronimo Minino

Jan 27, 2021, 2:30:47 PM1/27/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammad.

It's me again. Regarding the kind invitation to share our wishes for a presentation plug-in, here I have one:

I wish to integrate different slide themes within the same presentation. Would Tamasha allow that?

Background:
When teaching foreign language classes I often make presentations to discuss four or five different aspects of a short text.
I'd  like to show the text on a slide, and while we read it, I will make some 15 to 20 comments (one slide per comment), each comment touching on one of the aspects.
Well, one text and four or five aspects of it being discusssed back and forth... that's a total of six different kinds of slide contents.
In such a presentation I'd like to be able to assign a black&white theme to the main text slide, and 4 or five differently colored themes to the other slides, according to the aspect discussed in each one of them.
Goal is to use each theme's different color, look and feel as a strong visual hint of the aspect being discussed at any given time during the presentation.

Michael Wiktowy

Jan 27, 2021, 9:58:03 PM1/27/21
to TiddlyWiki
I would imagine that using the custom styles mechanism would be a way to apply tiddler-specific formatting even in the context of slides. You'd need to know the classes and styles that you want to over-ride though.

See this link for more details:

/Mike

Jeronimo Minino

Jan 28, 2021, 2:04:28 AM1/28/21
to TiddlyWiki
Mike,
Thank you very much for the reply.
Maybe I can roughly understand what you mean...
My guess is that it goes like this:

1. tiddler formatting seems to be basically html
     (the other day I learnt some html tags, and I was very surprised
       by the results I achieved just by fooling around with them within a tiddler's text:
       Things I spent years thinking that were impossible to do in Tiddlywiki,
       like very granular font sizing, line breaks, line spacing, indenting and the like.)

2. It seems that css is the way to go about applying html formatting in the real world.
     I have a rough idea of the way css works, but still have to learn and practice a lot.

3. There seem to be specific ways (maybe caled "Mechanisms"?) to manage css formatting
      within the structure of Tiiddlywiki.
       I am guessing that the link you kindly showed me points into that direction.
       I took a look on the list of tiddlers linked there and I do not understand a single thing.
       I am very eager to learn those things, but don´t know exactly what knowledge is that
       I'm lacking, and where to find it.

4.    My guess is that if I study the chapter 6 ("Page and tidddler layout customisation")
       of "The Book of Tiddlywiki" (by Fernández Caballero et al.), then I could probably understand
       most of the things listed in tiddlywiki.com under "How to apply custom styles".
       But I am still on a lower level. That chapter still doesn´t make much sense to me, and I
       really wonder what is it that I should learn in order to bridge the gap.

       Any suggestions would be very welcome!!!

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 28, 2021, 3:49:53 AM1/28/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks Coda coder,
Right now Tamasha uses the hover mechanism, but what I mean is while the mouse /pointer is on the slide, it could be hidden and also nav button after 5 seconds or specified time.

Best wishes
Mohammad

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 28, 2021, 3:55:22 AM1/28/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeronimo,

You can customize any aspect of Tamasha. For progressbar see styles for progressbar. Change height and color as you like.

Templates are tiddler let you customize what you want to display. Each tiddler is a container for a slide. It has title, fields, tags, ....
You can use template to selectively display those elements. For example vanilla looks like this

\define tv-wikilinks() no
<h2 class="title"><$transclude tiddler=<<currentSlide>> field=title /></h2>
<$transclude tiddler=<<currentSlide>> mode=block/>

There three templates are shipped with Tamasha.

Best wishes
Mohammad

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 28, 2021, 3:57:56 AM1/28/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
While Mike answered your question, I like to emphasize that the current release does not automatically use tiddler custom class, but you can do it.
It is not on the todo list for now.

Best wishes
Mohammad

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 28, 2021, 5:02:58 AM1/28/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Jeronimo,
As a simple solution for now

Create a template like below

title: jrm
tags: $:/tags/Tamasha/Template

\define mystyle() background-color:$(background)$;
<$vars background={{{[<currentSlide>get[background]]}}} >
<h2 class="title"><$link to=<<currentSlide>> /></h2>
<$transclude tiddler=<<currentSlide>> mode=block/>
</$vars>

Then create few slides (tiddlers) tagged with jero with a background field (you put a color name or code in this field for each tiddler like yellow, cyan , etc..
Then call the presenter

  <<presenter tag"jero" template:"jrm">>

  If you are familiar with CSS, you can do many customization.

Best wishes
Mohammad

coda coder

Jan 28, 2021, 7:32:31 AM1/28/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 2:49:53 AM UTC-6 Mohammad wrote:
Right now Tamasha uses the hover mechanism,

For what, exactly? "hover" is a CSS term, btw.

but what I mean is while the mouse /pointer is on the slide,

slide = presentation in my example.

it could be hidden

it being the navigation bar? That's what my dmo does.

and also nav button after 5 seconds or specified time.

If you want to specify timings, you'll need JavaScript.

BTW, hover/mouseover techniques won't work in pointerless environments (e.g. mobile).

maruadv...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2021, 7:55:26 AM1/28/21
to TiddlyWiki
Pretty good tool at its current level of development. I mean I could use it as a personal planner 'as-is'.

If you have thoughts of developing it to an group level app a few additions --

* A field of who a task is assigned to.
* predecessor, successor (technically there already for someone who knows tiddly, need to make it obvious to the noob.)
* Percentage complete field within a task.

Like they say in the movies 'I like this!'.

On Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 9:26:23 PM UTC-6 Mohammad wrote:
Tamasha is a pure wikitext (pure Tiddlywiki scripts no JS) plugin for presentation and slideshow.

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 28, 2021, 10:43:51 AM1/28/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 4:02 PM coda coder <codacoder...@outlook.com> wrote:

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 2:49:53 AM UTC-6 Mohammad wrote:
Right now Tamasha uses the hover mechanism,

For what, exactly? "hover" is a CSS term, btw.

That's right! On mouse hover the nav buttons are displayed. The big container is the tiddler body.

but what I mean is while the mouse /pointer is on the slide,

slide = presentation in my example.

Correct!

it could be hidden

it being the navigation bar? That's what my dmo does.

and also nav button after 5 seconds or specified time.

If you want to specify timings, you'll need JavaScript.

Yes, that was my question: is it possible to do this with wikitext? Seems no!

BTW, hover/mouseover techniques won't work in pointerless environments (e.g. mobile).

coda coder

Jan 28, 2021, 12:28:20 PM1/28/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 9:43:51 AM UTC-6 Mohammad wrote:
On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 4:02 PM coda coder <codacoder...@outlook.com> wrote:

Yes, that was my question: is it possible to do this with wikitext? Seems no!

I did it with wikitext. The only thing "missing" is the ability to specify 5 seconds.

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 28, 2021, 12:48:10 PM1/28/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

I did it with wikitext. The only thing "missing" is the ability to specify 5 seconds.

Thank you! It seems I have to use JS.

coda coder

Jan 28, 2021, 2:32:13 PM1/28/21
to TiddlyWiki
You mean 5 seconds is a show-stopper? Seriously? $eventcatcher using mouseover is already "not quick", something like 2 to 3 seconds...

Jeronimo Minino

Jan 28, 2021, 9:39:59 PM1/28/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi, Mohammad,

Thank you very much for showing me how to make a template to use different background colors!

And I am already boosting a 30px high motivating progress bar in beautiful green #78EE00 ! (And already found out how to modify the bottom value for "buttons", "footer" and "slide number" (in Tamasha/Styles/Layout) so they adapt to the progress bar's new height.) Thank you so much!

Have a nice day

Jeronimo

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 28, 2021, 11:37:26 PM1/28/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you CodaCoder, I will give a try splitting the viewport into two sections.

Best wishes
Mohammad

coda coder

Jan 29, 2021, 4:00:19 PM1/29/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 10:37:26 PM UTC-6 Mohammad wrote:
Thank you CodaCoder, I will give a try splitting the viewport into two sections.

You don't need to do that.

Place one $eventcatcher around your main slide area.

Place another around the toolbar area.

You're done.

The demo was laid out like that just to make clear what's happening.

The reason I'm pushing you on this is to get something significant "out there" that uses $eventcatcher - Tamasha sounds like the perfect opportunity!

Mohammad Rahmani

Jan 30, 2021, 12:02:08 AM1/30/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! I myself like to know how $eventcatcher work.

Best wishes
Mohammad

Mohammad Rahmani

Feb 1, 2021, 2:02:54 AM2/1/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Tamasha app and plugin has got a new beta update. This is only for test purposes!

See Tamasha 0.4.2

Feb 1st, 2021

[NEW] slide background color for individual tiddler was added
[FIXED] cleanup CSS and user interface
[FIXED] the progressbar macro was merged with progressbar ui
[FIXED] the progressbar show correct percent for first slide
[FIXED] all navigation macros included go home and goe end were put in the single tiddler $:/plugins/kookma/tamasha/macros/navigator

Please star it, if you like it.

Best wishes
Mohammad

coda coder

Feb 1, 2021, 8:47:39 AM2/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
STARRED.

Very clean, very impressive.

Ste

Feb 1, 2021, 8:58:55 AM2/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
Excellent update. All slides are now readable in full on my phone/ portrait mode!

Mohammad Rahmani

Feb 1, 2021, 10:23:25 AM2/1/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ste, CodaCoder,

Many thanks for your support and feedback. I am working on documentation and optimization of code.
I will try to keep it small and clean. In the current release it is 34kB.

Extra features like extra animations, extra themes, ... will be released in sub plugins.
The exciting news is Tamasha is supported by two experts in the field, so I am very confident to improve Tamasha and make it a useful tool.

Best wishes
Mohammad

coda coder

Feb 1, 2021, 5:37:20 PM2/1/21