Another shot at kanban

Riz

Sep 19, 2017, 9:54:40 PM9/19/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi there.

I was amused by the attempt made at Kanban TW. However, I did not need that many features. So I went ahead a tried to do something on an empty wiki. Add to that Telmiger's point that since we are mimicking the functionality of Trello, might as well look like it too. One thing led to another and here is Tekan.

Demo: https://ibnishak.github.io/Tesseract/projects/tekan/
Download: https://ibnishak.github.io/Tesseract/projects/tekan/Tekan.html

I have given an outline on usage on the demo page.

Let me know what you think.

live long and prosper,
Riz

Mark S.

Sep 19, 2017, 11:17:29 PM9/19/17
to TiddlyWiki
That's uncanny. Better not let Taco at Trello know.

The list Arranger didn't work for me. Attempting to arrange lists made them disappear. Also, dragging notes with list items to the Arranger disappeared the note without adding the items anywhere that I could see.

Looks good --

Mark
Firefox 55.0.3 on Win 7

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 6:54:40 PM UTC-7, Riz wrote:

Hi there.

I was amused by the attempt made at Kanban TW. However, I did not need that many features. So I went ahead a tried to do something on an empty wiki. Add to that Telmiger's point that since we are mimicking the functionality of Trello, might as well look like it too. One thing led to another and here is Tekan.

TonyM

Sep 20, 2017, 12:34:47 AM9/20/17
to TiddlyWiki
Riz,

Looks familiar :)

On your demo I note you can drag a card to a new list until it has at least one card

Unfortunately, I can't create lists or cards on my own TW5 Notes Tiddlywiki and another of my wikis, including one that is close to empty.

Are there any more dependencies for the plugin?

What can I do to troubleshoot it?

Thanks
Tony

Jan

Sep 20, 2017, 4:34:10 AM9/20/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Riz,
Wooow! That ist really wizard-level. Impressioning

Jan

Am 20.09.2017 um 03:54 schrieb Riz:

Hi there.

I was amused by the attempt made at Kanban TW. However, I did not need that many features. So I went ahead a tried to do something on an empty wiki. Add to that Telmiger's point that since we are mimicking the functionality of Trello, might as well look like it too. One thing led to another and here is Tekan.

I have given an outline on usage on the demo page.

Let me know what you think.

live long and prosper,
Riz

Riz

Sep 20, 2017, 5:50:11 AM9/20/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
@ mark

That's uncanny. Better not let Taco at Trello know.

:-D
Well, web layout copying is a problem is you copy and paste their layout and css as I understand it. It was not a copy paste work, so I guess we can chill.

The list Arranger didn't work for me. Attempting to arrange lists made them disappear. Also, dragging notes with list items to the Arranger disappeared the note without adding the items anywhere that I could see.

Sorry!!. Had forgotten to merge that commit. It is working now, please check and see.

Looks good --

Mark

Thanks Mark

Riz

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 20, 2017, 6:07:45 AM9/20/17
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Riz

Utterly brilliant! You visioning in terms of a full interface is the "extra move" needed IMO.

In line with that I SUGGEST Liberating The Right so the styling continues infinitely. As it is it breaks ...

Best wishes
Josiah

On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 03:54:40 UTC+2, Riz wrote:

Hi there.

I was amused by the attempt made at Kanban TW. However, I did not need that many features. So I went ahead a tried to do something on an empty wiki. Add to that Telmiger's point that since we are mimicking the functionality of Trello, might as well look like it too. One thing led to another and here is Tekan.

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Riz

Sep 20, 2017, 6:07:48 AM9/20/17
to TiddlyWiki

Hi Tony

    Looks familiar :)

:-D

    On your demo I note you can drag a card to a new list until it has at least one card

Yes, that, and the fact that you cannot drag a card to the last position of a list are my two major remaining headaches. Basically they are one and the same problem. The last position obviously needs a different set of droppable actions. I am thinking of defining an empty class before footer to allow this. So far I haven't had any luck. Will update as soon as I have one.

        Unfortunately, I can't create lists or cards on my own TW5 Notes Tiddlywiki and another of my wikis, including one that is close to empty.

        Are there any more dependencies for the plugin?

        What can I do to troubleshoot it?

Oh, that is unfortunate.
No, the plugin does not have any dependencies.
If I am to take a very wild guess, you might have tried to create a list  before create a new board. You said you cannot create lists or cards, you did not mention boards. Is it so?
Are you able to create lists or cards in demo?

Okey, let me know at which of the following steps is it not acting as expected, okey?

1. Go https://ibnishak.github.io/twstuff/projects/tekan/Tekan.html and as usual, drag and drop it to a TW5
2. You will find a new page control button appearing next to "Save Wiki" button. Click that and enter Tekan mode
3. From the top bar, click the "+" button and create a new board.
4. On the list area, click on the "Add new list" to create a new list
5. And on the new list, click "add a card" in footer to create a new card.

sincerely,
Riz

Riz

Sep 20, 2017, 6:08:53 AM9/20/17
to TiddlyWiki

Hi Jan,

Thank you !!!

Riz

Riz

Sep 20, 2017, 6:37:20 AM9/20/17
to TiddlyWiki

Hi Josiah,
Long time.

Utterly brilliant! You visioning in terms of a full interface is the "extra move" needed IMO.

Thank you. I was hoping to iron out the bugs, add Tiddlyserver and package it into a deb file for the terminally-terminal-fearing folks. It can serve as a proof for the idea that TW5 can be a viable off-line  alternative to many online-only solutions.

In line with that I SUGGEST Liberating The Right so the styling continues infinitely. As it is it breaks ...

I remember. In fact we toyed with for some time last year, I guess.
Oh, that was not supposed to happen. In fact, the attached screenshot shows me at my seventh list without breaking the style, as it will infinitely so to the right. Is this a zoom issue? May I know if you are using any custom theme or styling addon for firefox?

Riz

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 20, 2017, 7:23:12 AM9/20/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Riz

In line with that I SUGGEST Liberating The Right so the styling continues infinitely. As it is it breaks ...

I remember. In fact we toyed with for some time last year...

Yeah. We talked about adaptive columnised layout for TW that fully opens the Right being a great way to loosen up TW to broader metaphors of function.

Oh, that was not supposed to happen. In fact, the attached screenshot shows me at my seventh list without breaking the style, as it will infinitely so to the right. Is this a zoom issue? May I know if you are using any custom theme or styling addon for firefox?

I just downloaded your naked TW to check. Same issue. I'm using Firefox ESR 52.3 (Win 64 v 7).

Best wishes
Josiah

Riz

Sep 20, 2017, 8:29:05 AM9/20/17
to TiddlyWiki

I just downloaded your naked TW to check. Same issue. I'm using Firefox ESR 52.3 (Win 64 v 7).

Hmmm, now I want to know if the same thing happens to everyone? Anybody?

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 20, 2017, 8:47:56 AM9/20/17
to TiddlyWiki
FYI, the problem does NOT occur for the same TW with latest Chrome on Win 7 64-bit. There its looking good on very wide screen ...

Best, J
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Riz

Sep 20, 2017, 8:59:05 AM9/20/17
to TiddlyWiki
Ok, so Firefox ESR on Win 7. Noted. Will check as soon as I can lay my hands on one.

Riz

TonyM

Sep 20, 2017, 8:34:20 PM9/20/17
to TiddlyWiki
Riz,

If I am to take a very wild guess, you might have tried to create a list  before create a new board. You said you cannot create lists or cards, you did not mention boards. Is it so?
Using + To Create "MyBoard"k, but almost missed the title as it is a similar colour to the background

Are you able to create lists or cards in demo?

I can create lists and cards after creating a new board

Okey, let me know at which of the following steps is it not acting as expected, okey?

1. Go https://ibnishak.github.io/twstuff/projects/tekan/Tekan.html and as usual, drag and drop it to a TW5
Redone

2. You will find a new page control button appearing next to "Save Wiki" button. Click that and enter Tekan mode
Done as before

3. From the top bar, click the "+" button and create a new board.
This is what I missed

4. On the list area, click on the "Add new list" to create a new list
Works

5. And on the new list, click "add a card" in footer to create a new card.

Works

Riz,

My Bad, but points to a need to provide a message/indicator when sitting in "No Board Mode" to first create a board. Looking good Thank you. PS the colour is not so good when the board includes CamelCase in the board title. See attached the Board name is "HPSaT Primary" but the link is only to http://127.0.0.1:8080/#HPSaT

Oddly having the same default colour as my Other board is oddly disconcerting.

Making changes in our own stylesheet to override

$:/Tekan/Substyles is that way to adjust I assume?

Along withthe BLC Plugin (soon to be renamed), we will be spoilt for choice.

Source found at: https://github.com/reidgould/tiddlywiki-blc-plugin

User guide found at: http://reidgould.github.io/tiddlywiki-blc-plugin

Both solutions provide a new way interact with list management which is a tiddlywki strength. I would point our to users that these tools could be used to manage list of tiddlers for a range of purposes.

You have sparked a lot of feedback because what you have done is so compelling, please don't feel overwhelmed. Here is one of my suggestions.

Allow the Board to be opened in New Window like an regular tiddler can, so it can be seperated on multiple screens to a new screen or allow alt tab betweeh the board and story.

Regards

Tony

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Riz

Sep 20, 2017, 11:06:45 PM9/20/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
    but points to a need to provide a message/indicator when sitting in "No Board Mode" to first create a board.

Yes, it does. Will include emptyMessage in the update.

    PS the colour is not so good when the board includes CamelCase in the board title.

I see that. To be honest, I forgot about the existence of CamelCase. Will take care.

    Oddly having the same default colour as my Other board is oddly disconcerting.

I had plans to add configure options for appearance. I was planning it more in terms of general config options. Per board congiguration will need a little more tweaking. Let me see what I can do.

    You have sparked a lot of feedback because what you have done is so compelling, please don't feel overwhelmed

 Absolutely not. As a matter of fact, I released it to guage the interest of the community and see suggestions like this. If I didn't want feedback and possibilities of expanding, I would have kept it to my private use. So thank you.

     Allow the Board to be opened in New Window like an regular tiddler can, so it can be seperated on multiple screens to a new screen or allow alt tab betweeh the board and story.

Ermm, this is gonna be tricky. You see, when you switch to the tekan mode, you are temporarily disabling the usual story river, sidebar, and everything. As you can see, they cannot exist side by side. The only way to alt tab between it, is to use a separate TW to manage your task lists. Otherwise it is restricted to being switched to using the buttons.

sincerely,
Riz

Sylvain Naudin

Sep 21, 2017, 5:18:54 AM9/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
Wahouh !! Amazing peace of work Riz !! I miss you with your css skill with TW !!

Thanks for sharing.
Sylvain

Reid Gould

Sep 21, 2017, 11:26:29 AM9/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Riz,

Very interesting adaptation of the sitepoint article! It does feel rather good to see the full Trello interface working inside TiddlyWiki.

The technique of removing the $:/tags/PageTemplate tag from the default layout elements is an idea that never occurred to me. It is certainly a good way to look past other distractions that I may have open in my story and focus on the big picture. My first thought is that perhaps this could be a feature on its own, a way to "maximize" any single tiddler, rather than creating an entirely isolated interface. If the Trello UI were contained in a tiddler this way, it would also be compatible with the built in "Open In New Window" feature.

I see there is some discussion in this thread about how to enable the ability to drop at the end of lists, and inside empty lists. To enable both of these in my plugin, BLC, I followed the example of the built in list-tagged-draggable macro. You'll see it uses an extra $droppable widget outside of the $list with two elements inside, one which is invisible but always present to provide area to drop onto, and a second which only shows up when it's parent dynamically receives the "tc-dragover" class while an active drag is hovering. It will be interesting to see what solution you choose.

I looked at how you are storing the list order. I'm happy to see that you chose to store it in the list field of the "list" tiddler while allowing tags to determine visibility. But also, I've noticed some bugs:
When I open a tiddler that is a list, then open the info panel, and choose the "list" tab, there are some entries that have titles of nonexistent or deleted tiddlers, I dragged the same card into each list once, and indeed, the card is now showing in each list's "list" field.
If I create multiple tiddlers in the normal TW view, tag them with a list, then go into Tekan view, cards I drag onto the new cards only go down to the bottom of the ones that were already there.
If I have a draft of a list open in the main view, it will show up as a separate list in Tekan. Drafts of cards also show up as separate cards.
If I give a tiddler any tags in normal view, then drag it in Tekan, it removes all the tags I gave it and only the tag of the list remains.
My last item is not a "bug" but a concern about performance and stability. The cards store all their text in the "title" field of the tiddler. The title field is also how tiddlers are stored in lists. When typing long sentences in many cards, this means list operations must handle very many characters. My solution to this was to allow text content in the title (preferred to be two or three words, or even better a unique ID), but also provide a new field ("shorttext") in which users can type long sentences or paragraphs without having to worry about performance problems.
These are things I've also run into and are all solved in BLC. Its open source of course, so feel free to see if any solutions there suit Tekan.

I think that imitating the appearance of Trello closely is a fantastic way to give users a familiar and comfortable interface. I'm also impressed with your edit modal. I attempted something like that in an early version of BLC but was not able to get it working to my satisfaction.

Since we are both interested in providing this function to TiddlyWiki, I imagine a collaboration between us would go far. A stable and complete "version 1" of DropBoard (at that point, formerly BLC!) should be ready within two weeks time. If you're interested in talking about how we could bring the best of these two things together, feel free to send me a private email, or we can start a new public discussion for that on its own.

- Reid

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 8:54:40 PM UTC-5, Riz wrote:

Hi there.

I was amused by the attempt made at Kanban TW. However, I did not need that many features. So I went ahead a tried to do something on an empty wiki. Add to that Telmiger's point that since we are mimicking the functionality of Trello, might as well look like it too. One thing led to another and here is Tekan.

Eskha

Sep 21, 2017, 11:34:37 AM9/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
Well done Riz!

A very useful and good looking plugin.

Best regards.

Eskha

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 22, 2017, 10:08:12 AM9/22/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Reid & Riz

I want to briefly comment now because you are both moving on with your Trello Variants so I want to get in early ... :-).

I'm VERY interested in the approach as a way to emulate visually https://tweetdeck.twitter.com

Quick points ...

1 - Though you semi-cloning Trello I think you going a little bit too far on how you thinking about field content. Its potentially restrictive and would make my life difficult if i wanted to use if for presentation of Tweets. My Tweets are in the normal TEXT field in plain text. I don't want to have to move them EITHER to the Title field or a note field. Why can't the Text field be displayed? Okay maybe like this: IF there is no note field created then the text field displays in plain text? You get my idea. Otherwise you have to re-write everything just for those interfaces.

2 - I agree with Reid on Titles. IMO using the Title as the most MINIMAL unique Index / id would make most sense. Taking my Twitter like example all Tiddlers are auto-sequentially numbered Tweet 1 ... Tweet XX. The Titles are NEVER displayed precisely because they ARE the index.

Reid wrote: The title field is also how tiddlers are stored in lists. When typing long sentences in many cards, this means list operations must handle very many characters. My solution to this was to allow text content in the title (preferred to be two or three words, or even better a unique ID), but also provide a new field ("shorttext") in which users can type long sentences or paragraphs without having to worry about performance problems.

3 - the approach to columnised layout interests me as MUCH, more than, your thinking Trello-like. Why not cover the way Pinterest & Tweetdeck work at the same time :-)

Both of you
Many thanks for opening something up so EXCELLENT.

Best wishes
Josiah

Riz

Sep 22, 2017, 5:25:07 PM9/22/17
to TiddlyWiki

So I have updated the Tekan ironing out the pointed bugs. The changes made are

1. Empty message when you have not loaded a board
2. Camel case as a board name won't be creating visibility issues any more.
3. Dragging and dropping to empy lists and last position of a list will be working.
4. Draft tiddlers won't be showing up as duplicate lists.
5. When a card is dragged into another list, all other tags of said card will remain intact.
6. Lists will not retain the cards removed from the in the list field.

In addition, I have included three optional addon buttons for your perusal.
1. Tiddler to board button: A view tool bar button that will enable you to view the current tiddler as a tekan board temporarily. All the tiddlers that carries the tag of current tiddler will become lists, and the next in hierarchy become cards, and the next will become checklist items.
2. Board to Org Mode button: Helps you export the current board to Emacs org-mode format.
3. Board to Org Mode button: Helps you export the current board to markdown task list format.

And finally, I have left instructions for building custom buttons as per your needs.

Installation is going to need an extra step this time, although. You need to delete all non shadow tiddlers that was part of Tekan package, but was later converted to system tiddlers. Go to Advanced Search > Filters tab. Seearch for "[prefix[$:/Tekan]]". using the delete button that shows up on the right to search field, delete them altogether. Now go to "https://ibnishak.github.io/twstuff/projects/tekan/Tekan.html" and drag and drop the plugin.

Wahouh !! Amazing peace of work Riz !! I miss you with your css skill with TW !!

Thanks for sharing.
Sylvain

@Sylvain

Thank you, that is generous of you :-)
I hope thinks are going well at the French side of things.
Thank you !!

@Reid

Thanks for the in-depth analysis. The bugs you mentioned have been murdered.

        If the Trello UI were contained in a tiddler this way, it would also be compatible with the built in "Open In New Window" feature.

It would have been perfect but for lack of a thing - modals. When you click on modal triggers in the new window, the modals open in the parent window. Since I have plans to drive a lot of functionality through modals, this would be difficult. Of course you can work around via entirely html popups. It takes time, and effort to that. In additon, there were minor irritations, like popups that won't go away despite clicking outside them and so on.

         It uses an extra $droppable widget outside of the $list with two elements inside, one which is invisible but always present to provide area to drop onto, and a second which only shows up when it's parent dynamically receives the "tc-dragover" class while an active drag is hovering. It will be interesting to see what solution you choose.

I just wrapped the list footer in a droppable widget.

   My solution to this was to allow text content in the title (preferred to be two or three words, or even better a unique ID), but also provide a new field ("shorttext") in which users can type long sentences

The idea is perfect. In fact in my  Tekan standalone editon, I am following a similar path. However, when tekan is offered as a plugin, the scenario is different. I am of the opinion that plugins should not demand a change in behaviour from the user, rather should cater to existing pattern of usage. Tekan is intended to convert/view an existing TW5 in kanban mode, not urge them to start over in a different format. The measures where taken in that regard. In the afore-mentioned standalone editon, I have much more freedom to tweak and bundle more plugins.

   Since we are both interested in providing this function to TiddlyWiki, I imagine a collaboration between us would go far.

Much as I would like to, I think if we work on our own projects, the community would have more options to choose from. We can always exchange ideas. I am looking forward to the release of Dropboard.
Much work is pending on my end. Mobile platform demands a solution that is driven by "not-dragging-and-dropping". I would love to see a parser rule  for a checkbox. Possobly switch wikitext with markdown, and so on.

@TiddlyTweeter

   I'm VERY interested in the approach as a way to emulate visually https://tweetdeck.twitter.com

It is not difficult actually. You just need someone with time and patience.

    Why can't the Text field be displayed?
Reid's work already does this. I am halfway through that in another edition. So it is cool.

  Why not cover the way Pinterest & Tweetdeck work at the same time

If only we had infinite time to do all the things we love!!! :-)

sincerely
Riz

Cyrill

Sep 27, 2017, 6:59:06 AM9/27/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hey,

I like the idea behind this TW. But how to open a card-Tiddler direcly form the kanbanBoard ?

Kind Regards
Cyrill

Am Mittwoch, 20. September 2017 03:54:40 UTC+2 schrieb Riz:

Hi there.

I was amused by the attempt made at Kanban TW. However, I did not need that many features. So I went ahead a tried to do something on an empty wiki. Add to that Telmiger's point that since we are mimicking the functionality of Trello, might as well look like it too. One thing led to another and here is Tekan.

Riz

Sep 27, 2017, 7:47:00 AM9/27/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Cyrill,

As in, you want a button to close the tekan mode and navigate to the active card tiddler in the tiddlywiki mode?

sincerely
Riz

Cyrill

Sep 27, 2017, 9:44:23 AM9/27/17
to TiddlyWiki
Yes,

this could be one possibility or sometthing like a popup with the content of clicked tiddler.

By this way you could probably have sometthing like a matrix, to opt as back door to the other predefined boards there or by following the inherent linking of the choosed tiddler.

Best Regards

Rizwan Ishak

Sep 27, 2017, 11:02:59 AM9/27/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
The first one can be done. Give me a couple of hours till I get back.

The second one is trickier.  As of now,  the content of the text field is parsed as plain text.  Wikifying it is something I set aside for the next version. I ll definitely include easier ways to expand the features in the next edition.

Riz

Sep 27, 2017, 1:49:27 PM9/27/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hey  Cyrill,

Attached is a JSON file with the feature you asked for. In the edit card modal, it will show a new button that will open the card in the normal TW mode.

Download, drag and drop it to your TW while you are in the TW-mode

sincerely
Riz
$__Tikan_EditCardModal.json

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 28, 2017, 7:26:55 AM9/28/17
to TiddlyWiki
Caro Riz ...

Just noting that I think its got some (probably esoteric) CSS issues ...

-- On Chrome (win) it works well.

-- On Opera (win) it works.

-- On Firefox (win) it breaks on scroll right.

-- On IE its unusable (not a big deal).

-- On Edge it doesn't work--and that's an issue.

-- Safari I haven't tried.

It seems to me there are two aspects to this ... Trelloish for local and Trelloish for broadcast.

To be able to use this reliably publicly i need know it renders well, or degrades well.

Best wishes
Josiah
Message has been deleted

Rizwan Ishak

Sep 28, 2017, 8:49:41 AM9/28/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I am actually worried about Firefox in that list, in that list. Can you confirm if it is the latest version of firefox or firefox ESR? The closest windows computer I have access to is like 50+ kms away.

IE is disappointing but it is pointless to please that. If IE with close to 10% share of users is not a huge deal, Edge with less than 4% can be also chucked.

That said, it would be seriously rad to support everything.

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 28, 2017, 9:02:58 AM9/28/17
to TiddlyWiki
Riz wrote:
I am actually worried about Firefox in that list, in that list. Can you confirm if it is the latest version of firefox or firefox ESR? The closest windows computer I have access to is like 50+ kms away.

Its the latest Firefox ESR (Windows 64-bit Portable Apps. Version) -- v. 52.3. But, essentially it will be the same for later versions, I think.

Josiah

Rizwan Ishak

Sep 28, 2017, 9:16:01 AM9/28/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I am working on firefox 55 in linux and things are working without glitch here. Let me see what I can do.

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 28, 2017, 10:02:29 AM9/28/17
to TiddlyWiki
EEK! I hate that kind of complexity.

Riz wrote:
... firefox 55 in linux and things are working without glitch here.

@TiddlyTweeter
... in ... Firefox ESR (Windows 64-bit Portable Apps. Version) -- v. 52.3. But ...

Rizwan Ishak

Sep 28, 2017, 10:27:24 AM9/28/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Apparently firefox started supporting it since 54 onwards

https://caniuse.com/#search=flex

Rizwan Ishak

Sep 28, 2017, 10:35:02 AM9/28/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Can you drag and drop the attached json and see? I have tracked down some old compatible property declarations. It might work.
FlexTest.json

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 28, 2017, 12:36:48 PM9/28/17
to TiddlyWiki
Riz,

Thanks for trying.

It didn't work ...

I hadn't realised that this kind of layout was still not so supported.

J.
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Rizwan Ishak

Sep 28, 2017, 12:50:45 PM9/28/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
hm. well,  it was worth a shot.

yeah,  but things are looking up. Hope 57 lives up to th hype

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 28, 2017, 1:07:39 PM9/28/17
to TiddlyWiki
The problem with 57 is that TiddlyFox saving will NOT work. That is exactly why I'll be on ESR 52 till March 2018 for daily. Its secure, but behind. J.

TonyM

Oct 20, 2017, 8:50:56 PM10/20/17
to TiddlyWiki
Josiah,

Since you are stating your current strategy, I will share mine. On Windows 10

  • I have FireFox ESR (Portable.com version) in the wings should I require it. I am trialing tiddlydesktop for my large legacy TWC
  • I am running the General release version of Firefox and receiving updates as they come.
  • I am running TiddlyServer on my Windows Desktop with generous folders, through which I can locate any TiddlyWiki be it file or node.
  • I document and capture each tiddlywikis tiddlyServer address and Navigate to it that way eg http://192.168.1.109:8088/Development/Folder/Kanbantodo.html at My IP Address

Regards

Tony

I create new tws using copy empty or NodeJS

Dave Gifford - http://www.giffmex.org/

Oct 23, 2017, 9:38:58 AM10/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
Wow this is nice work.

Riz

Oct 23, 2017, 2:19:36 PM10/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
thanks:)

Yang Wen-Ming

Nov 14, 2017, 8:44:34 PM11/14/17
to TiddlyWiki
I can not get the look like you have. Here is what I got when I clicked the websites. Please help!

Dave Gifford - http://www.giffmex.org/於 2017年10月23日星期一 UTC+8下午9時38分58秒寫道:
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Riz

Nov 15, 2017, 3:50:32 AM11/15/17
to TiddlyWiki
Sorry, I was going to put up a single source of truth but got busy later.

These are the links:

Demo:
https://ibnishak.github.io/Tesseract/projects/tekan

Instructions, Addons and download:
https://ibnishak.github.io/Tesseract/projects/tekan/Tekan.html

Riz

Nov 15, 2017, 3:55:35 AM11/15/17
to TiddlyWiki
Also, try the standalone version, which has more features.

https://github.com/ibnishak/Tekkan

Let me know if you have any feedback

Stephen Wilson

Nov 16, 2017, 3:44:48 AM11/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
You wait years for a Kanban solution the two come along at once.....

Riz

Nov 16, 2017, 3:55:21 AM11/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
:-D

5.14 came out with several notable improvements especially when it comes to drag and drop. Naturally it created a wealth of opportunities.

It also goes on to prove that TW5 can act as a good backbone for dedicated single page applications. It is quite possible to have a wunderlist clone or teuxdeux clone in TW5.

T Mack

Aug 22, 2018, 7:33:12 AM8/22/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi! I want to say thank you for creating this. It's just what I needed, and much better than the other tiddlywiki kanban. Thank you!