Color Button from Color Palette in TW5?

Tiddly Novice

Dec 7, 2018, 6:24:40 PM12/7/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I'm new to TiddlyWiki and I need some help. A lot of help, in fact. But for clarity, I'll try to keep it to one problem per post unless told to do otherwise.

Problem #1:

Background: I'm trying to create a button that can be used to assign a color to a known field of a tiddler. The button should end up being colored like the last button visible in the color palette macro once the color has been picked.

Problem: I can't figure out how to get the button used to open the popup to get changed to the color chosen in the palette.

Code so far:
<$button popup=<<qualify "colorcal_">>>Pop me up!</$button>

<$reveal type="popup" state=<<qualify "colorcal_">>>

! This is the popup
Colour: <$edit-text tiddler='$:/_MyColour' tag='input' placeholder='(unset)' default=''/>

---

<$macrocall $name='colour-picker' actions="

<$action-setfield $field=<<qualify colorfield1_>> $tiddler=<<currentTiddler>> $value=<<colour-picker-value>>/>

"/>

</$reveal>

I also don't know how best to post my code here. First time I've used Google Groups to ask about code. Sorry if I got it wrong.
Message has been deleted

TonyM

Dec 7, 2018, 9:28:28 PM12/7/18
to TiddlyWiki
Tiddly novice,

\define colour-swatch() @@color:{{!!colour}};⚫@@
<<colour-swatch>> Colour: <$edit-text field='colour' tag='input' placeholder='(unset)' default='' class="tc-edit-texteditor"/>

---

<$macrocall $name='colour-picker' actions="

<$action-setfield $tiddler=<<editTiddler>> $field='colour' $value=<<colour-picker-value>>/>

"/>
</details>

Above is a color selector I used previously, with help from others, or was that in tiddlywiki itself. colour is a special field in TiddlyWiki, its existence is displayed as a colour in edit mode. Just add the field to any tiddler (note English spelling)

Modify as you wish

Regards
Tony