[Theme] Zacht - A clean and soft theme for TiddlyWiki

Odin

May 18, 2021, 3:23:10 PM5/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hello everyone!

I am proud to share my latest creation: Zacht - a clean and soft theme for TiddlyWiki.

Zacht is the Dutch word for soft. With soft colors and roundings, I found it a fitting name. The theme also embeds two fonts that really adds a fresh look while staying true to the feel of the vanilla theme.

The stylesheets are split up in small stylesheets to keep it easy to look up any CSS to change it to your likings even further.

This was also the first time I worked with Node.js. So I am also hosting the individual files on GitHub for proper installation for those who use TiddlyWiki on Node.js. It was a fun project : )

I hope this theme finds some use for someone. I am open to feedback, either in this thread or on GitHub.

Also, thanks to Saqimtiaz for the last-minute troubleshooting on discord!

Kind regards,

Odin

Mohammad Rahmani

May 18, 2021, 4:14:49 PM5/18/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Odin,

 Let me be the first one in this group to congratulate you on this wonderful piece of work! Very clean and beautiful!
 The bold title and round edges are very well designed! I also like the fonts!
  I may have minor comments will send you after more experimentation!

Thank you for all your efforts and thank you for sharing!

Best wishes
Mohammad

Soren Bjornstad

May 18, 2021, 6:58:16 PM5/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
Odin,

I like the look of this! I particularly appreciate the improved whitespace and toolbar design in the editor. I might have to look at replicating some of that in my CodeMirror editor.

Can I ask, what is the rationale behind hiding the buttons until you mouse over them? To me it seems this mostly makes it harder to hit the button and less obvious what options you have. Also, when I click on the more menu and then move the mouse away from it, it does this, which I assume wasn't intentional:
ksnip_20210518-175727.png

Odin

May 19, 2021, 3:40:44 AM5/19/21
to TiddlyWiki
@Mohammad, Thank you for your comment!

@Soren, I hid the buttons because I don't really need to see them most of the time. When I do need them, they appear when hovering the general area where they should be. I also think that because the buttons don't really change (except when you add one yourself) I don't need the reminders of what options there are. I think the buttons can be visually cluttering, especially if you pin multiple buttons, so I like the aesthetic of them hidden. I like UI that gets out of the way when it is not needed.

The issue in your screenshot is an unintended side effect of the CSS that hides buttons. I hadn't noticed it yet, but I agree it would be better if those icons don't fade away while not hovering on the dropdown. I am not sure how I would disable it for just the dropdown though : /

Odin

ale...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2021, 11:32:04 AM11/22/21
to TiddlyWiki
Looks very nice! When I try and drag and drop it into my TW, the import page just shows download.url and not the theme itself?

import.png

Eric Shulman

Nov 22, 2021, 12:03:02 PM11/22/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Monday, November 22, 2021 at 8:32:04 AM UTC-8 ale...@gmail.com wrote:
Looks very nice! When I try and drag and drop it into my TW, the import page just shows download.url and not the theme itself?

This is a problem that started with the most recent update to Google Chrome (v96.0.4664.45 ) and MS-Edge (v96.0.1054.29).

The cause has already been identified and a fix has been implemented (see https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/6254)
and will be included in TW v5.2.1, which will be released shortly (note: the scheduled release date has not yet been announced).

If you can't wait, you can download the pre-release build here:

Alternatively, you can upgrade your current TW to TW5.2.1-prerelease, here:

IMPORTANT:
As always, make sure to backup your current version first, and take note that the pre-release version should not be relied upon for production use.

The TWCore shadow tiddlers containing the fix for this bug are here:

-e