sorry - newbie: how do I include a (transcluded?) link in a TiddlerTemplate?

MagoArcade

Jul 20, 2019, 3:09:35 PM7/20/19
to TiddlyWiki
Errr, how to explain?

I'm constructing a Tiddler Template for a task template. It'll contain verious informaiton about the task it eventualyl becomes. Some exalpe code in it:

Task Details:

|!Field|!Value|
|>| Map |
|caption|{{!!caption}}|
|tmap.id|{{!!tmap.id}}|
|tmap.edges|{{!!tmap.edges}}|
|>| Board |
|shorttext|{{!!shorttext}}|

Produces:

Task Details:
FieldValue
Map
caption
tmap.id9e4cbcad-bd73-4741-a9df-cb57c056b5f9
tmap.edges
Board
shorttext

Now, at the top of the constructed task tiddler, I'm wanting a link like you would get when using list (i.e. a draggable tiddler) - sorry know i#m being dumb, but how do I go about this?

Thanks

Mat

Jul 20, 2019, 3:17:45 PM7/20/19
to TiddlyWiki
Now, at the top of the constructed task tiddler, I'm wanting a link like you would get when using list (i.e. a draggable tiddler)

I probably misunderstand you but if you with "a link like you would get when using list (i.e. a draggable tiddler)" mean a link that someone can drag into another wiki, then this is just a regular linke like [[this one]]. If you mean a tag pill, which is also draggable, then you write <<tag "xxx">> where xxx is the name of the common tag shared by all the tiddlers that will be dragged by this (which are also seen when clicking the tag pill)

If this is not what you mean then I suggest you explain more clearly and perhaps point to an example on tiddlywiki.com

<:-)

MagoArcade

Jul 20, 2019, 3:34:23 PM7/20/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for the reply - it's actually quite difficult to explain things clearly when you're just starting out! Given that all the terminology is new and in the case of TiddyWiki, the concepts to some degree, it's hard to know the right way to explain things! However, I'll try again.

I have made a TiddlerTemplpate with the following code:

This Task:

|!Field|!Value|
|>| Map |
|caption|{{!!caption}}|
|tmap.id|{{!!tmap.id}}|
|tmap.edges|{{!!tmap.edges}}|
|>| Board |
|shorttext|{{!!shorttext}}|

I want to include some code at the top, after "This Task: " it will have the Task as a draggable object, as per this video:

Let's say I create a task called "Get.Milk" based on the template. It will say "This Task: Get.Milk" at the top and I'll be able to drag "Get.Milk" onto other application within the wiki.

I tried by displaying the title field, but periods seem to mess it up. The links in the video were produced via list + filter. But how do I do this (essentially by self-referencing? e.g. pseudo: {{self}} )

Mat

Jul 20, 2019, 4:43:23 PM7/20/19
to TiddlyWiki
OK, I have no great answer but here are some pointers;

"self" is typically referred to as <<currentTiddler>>. If the currentTiddler is actually not the one you want it to be, you can set the context by means of the TiddlerWidget, like so;

<$tiddler tiddler="apples">
This now shows apples: <
<currentTiddler>> and so does this {{!!title}}.
</$tiddler>

I'm not very good with the drag and drop features in TW but you should find information on tiddlywiki.com by searching for "draggable" and "droppable".

<:-)