[TW5] Possible to save encrypted to tiddlyspot/own server and un-encrypted to disk?

HC Haase

Oct 13, 2016, 3:39:03 AM10/13/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hello

Could it be possible to encrypt the wiki that is uploaded to tiddlyspot/own server via the save mechanism (and store.php script) in the control panel, and save a un-encrypted version on local disk?

My usecase is:
I want to protect my info floating around on the web, but I want easy access to my local file if/when something blows up and don't work (recently had a tw file that would not show anything).

PMario

Oct 13, 2016, 8:08:14 AM10/13/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

You could create a new button, that opens a modal dialog. .. In the dialog you can call the TW password / encryption UI and the "save to tiddlyspot" UI. So you don't forget to encrypt first if you save back to TSpot. If you download to disk, just decrypt and save a plain file.

just some thoughts.

-mario

HC Haase

Oct 13, 2016, 9:16:47 AM10/13/16
to TiddlyWiki
Thansk

While this is not a "one button do it all", it is quite an elegant workaround.

However, for some reason the text in the transcluded tiddler disappear in the modal dialogue. Any idea why??

!Remember to set a password before saving {{$:/core/ui/Buttons/encryption}}

---

{{$:/core/ui/ControlPanel/Saving}}

Tobias Beer

Oct 13, 2016, 4:54:27 PM10/13/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi HC Haase,

However, for some reason the text in the transcluded tiddler disappear in the modal dialogue. Any idea why??

Apparently, global macros are not available in the context of modals (?!?).
I would think this is a bug / defect / oversight.

You can realize that if you
put <<dumpvariables>> into $:/core/ui/ControlPanel/Saving
and then open that as a tiddler and then in a modal.

I would think the message tm-modal
needs / lacks support for global macros.

Best wishes,

Tobias.

Riz

Oct 13, 2016, 11:01:31 PM10/13/16
to TiddlyWiki
I had better luck with

<$importvariables filter="[[$:/core/ui/PageMacros]] [all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/Macro]!has[draft.of]]">

!Remember to set a password before saving {{$:/core/ui/Buttons/encryption}}

---

{{$:/core/ui/ControlPanel/Saving}}
</$importvariables>

The encryption button icon was still missing. I assume that is coz it involves another level of transclusion. If you are adamant about getting that icon, may be you can clone the button and modify.

Tobias Beer

Oct 14, 2016, 2:52:00 AM10/14/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Riz,

I had better luck with

<$importvariables filter="[[$:/core/ui/PageMacros]] [all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/Macro]!has[draft.of]]">

Didn't test, but I presume it works.
Still not sure on the rationale as to why
global macros would not apply to modals.

Best wishes,

Tobias.

PMario

Oct 14, 2016, 5:20:28 AM10/14/16
to TiddlyWiki
I did some tests yesterday. Also no clue whats going on,

So one workaround may be to open a tiddler instead of a dialog :/

-m

HC Haase

Oct 17, 2016, 3:49:18 AM10/17/16
to TiddlyWiki
I came a step closer.

In the saving tiddler there is a lot of (what's it called) code like this

<<lingo TiddlySpot/UserName>>

instead of text like  User name.

I Changed these to normal text and now it show in the modal mode nicely.

However The icon buttons is still not showing.