Tiddler Commander Plugin 2.0.4: For review and comments

Mohammad

Jan 10, 2020, 8:18:48 AM1/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Announcement: Tiddler Commander Plugin
Date: Jan 10th, 2020
Release: 2.0.4

There is a new update for Commander Plugin.
This update introduces a new feature combo search.

For simple review and comments these beta version are put on tiddlyspot.

I appreciate to receive your review and comments on different aspects of Commander.

The help from Eric Shulman, Bimlas are appreciated.
I also acknowledge the feedback by Josiah, and TonyM.

2.0.4

Jan 10th, 2020
  • [NEW] Commander search can do combined search (both filter and standard search)
  • [NEW] Commander search can do standard search with a keyword of minimum 3 chars
  • [NEW] Minlength config was added to let set the minimum keyword length

2.0.3

Jan 9th, 2020
  • [NEW] The template tiddler has got an edit button to directly edit it from create tiddler tab
  • [NEW] The create bulk tiddler can add multiple fileds at the same time
  • [NEW] The new add fields can add multiple fields at the same time
  • [FIXED] The new tiddler macros check the inputs (e.g. baseTitle not empty) before performing any operation

HC Haase

Jan 10, 2020, 9:18:27 AM1/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Great to see so much development on the commander plugin. It is a powerful tool.

You have a few threads going on about commander, so I hope I found the relevant one.

I like commander because you got many bulk operations in one module, but many times I prefer to use mats batch manipulator. The reason is that you get a table view and you quickly can get an overview of what tiddlers in your search has similar tags or fields. It gives a nice overview. That is important to me.

But now you got a very power fool toll in commander and a very nice table view in shiraz dynamic table. I think it could be a very nice tool, if you let the search form commander be presented in a dynamic table with fields or tags as columns (like batch manipulator). What do you think? Or is this maybe for another project?

Mohammad

Jan 10, 2020, 1:09:18 PM1/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi HC Haase,
 Commander has a tool called inspect!
From the tab click on Inspect. You can walk through each tiddler in your selection and not only you can see what are the tiddler content, tags and fields name/value, but also you can seamlessly edit them.

For using dynamic table I will see if it worth to replcae inspect with Dynamic table, but absolutely it is a good candidate for making tiddler preview before performing any operation.

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate to receive any other comment you have when you evaluate commander!

On Friday, January 10, 2020 at 5:48:27 PM UTC+3:30, HC Haase wrote:
Great to see so much development on the commander plugin. It is a powerful tool.

You have a few threads going on about commander, so I hope I found the relevant one.
That is true. I use separate thread to announce new features! but this may cause confusion!
I will keep this thread by stable release 2.

HC Haase

Jan 14, 2020, 2:46:29 AM1/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
For using dynamic table I will see if it worth to replcae inspect with Dynamic table,

That also sounds nice.  The thing I was thinking of, was the list of tiddelers in your search.

If you replaced that list with a dynamiv table of the search showing either tags or fields as collumns

See the batch manipulator here:

Mohammad

Jan 14, 2020, 4:54:38 AM1/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
If you don't mind, I like to have a look into your batch manupulator!
This means to remove Inspect! it dose not a summary view like above but it has the ease of view/edit in a nice format!
I am afraid things get complicated more!
But I will give a try to see how it looks like.

--Mohammad

HC Haase

Jan 14, 2020, 9:48:32 AM1/14/20
to TiddlyWiki

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 11:16:29 AM UTC+3:30, HC Haase wrote:
For using dynamic table I will see if it worth to replcae inspect with Dynamic table,

That also sounds nice.  The thing I was thinking of, was the list of tiddelers in your search.

If you replaced that list with a dynamiv table of the search showing either tags or fields as collumns

See the batch manipulator here:

This means to remove Inspect! it dose not a summary view like above but it has the ease of view/edit in a nice format!
I am afraid things get complicated more!
But I will give a try to see how it looks like.

sounds nice. Another way cold be to use the table just for showing tidderls in the search, and there fields or tags, and then let comander do the rest.
exited to see what you cook up.

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Jan 14, 2020, 10:06:17 AM1/14/20
to TiddlyWiki

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 6:18:32 PM UTC+3:30, HC Haase wrote:

tirsdag den 14. januar 2020 kl. 10.54.38 UTC+1 skrev Mohammad:
If you don't mind, I like to have a look into your batch manupulator!

Ok, so it belongs to Mat! He has great plugins spread out over the net!
What I see in the screenshot you provided is different! Seems you have customized it!

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 11:16:29 AM UTC+3:30, HC Haase wrote:
For using dynamic table I will see if it worth to replcae inspect with Dynamic table,

That also sounds nice.  The thing I was thinking of, was the list of tiddelers in your search.

If you replaced that list with a dynamiv table of the search showing either tags or fields as collumns

See the batch manipulator here:

This means to remove Inspect! it dose not a summary view like above but it has the ease of view/edit in a nice format!
I am afraid things get complicated more!
But I will give a try to see how it looks like.

sounds nice. Another way cold be to use the table just for showing tidderls in the search, and there fields or tags, and then let comander do the rest.
exited to see what you cook up.

No problem, let's see!

--Mohammad

TiddlyTweeter

Jan 14, 2020, 1:16:47 PM1/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mohammad & HC

Out of left field I'd like to comment sideways that SLOPING HEADERS are a very good idea! :-)

Annotation 2020-01-14 191230.jpg

Best wishes
TT

Mohammad

Jan 14, 2020, 1:27:12 PM1/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
I think the Powersearch + Dynamic Tables from Eric Shulman is what you want here!
But I am not sure if this configuration is good for Commander! I think it duplicate some ops and interface.
--Mohammad

HC Haase

Jan 15, 2020, 5:16:49 AM1/15/20
to TiddlyWiki

What I see in the screenshot you provided is different! Seems you have customized it!

I don't think I have that much. Have you tried to press the button "Single data" on the batch manipulator?

tirsdag den 14. januar 2020 kl. 19.27.12 UTC+1 skrev Mohammad:
I think the Powersearch + Dynamic Tables from Eric Shulman is what you want here!

what is Powersearch?

Mohammad

Jan 15, 2020, 6:02:22 AM1/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
This is powersearch

By Eric Shulman!

He also published a small code to combine it with Dynamic Tables from Shiraz!

So I think this is what you like.

--Mohammad

HC Haase

Jan 16, 2020, 3:05:01 AM1/16/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

tirsdag den 14. januar 2020 kl. 19.27.12 UTC+1 skrev Mohammad:
I think the Powersearch + Dynamic Tables from Eric Shulman is what you want here!
But I am not sure if this configuration is good for Commander! I think it duplicate some ops and interface.
--Mohammad

I am not sure that is what I want. It is the visual overview of what tiddlers have the same fields or tags that I like in mat's tool.
To demonstrate what I would like to see I have made an example by modifying the commander. It DO NOT work properly, just for demo.

see attatchment for the modified tiddler.

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 9:46:47 PM UTC+3:30, TiddlyTweeter wrote:
Ciao Mohammad & HC

Out of left field I'd like to comment sideways that SLOPING HEADERS are a very good idea! :-)

Annotation 2020-01-14 191230.jpg

Best wishes
TT

I agree. this give so much more space. maybe an idea for dynamic table ;) ??
$__plugins_kookma_commander_search_selection.json

Mohammad

Jan 16, 2020, 3:40:45 AM1/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi HC Haase,
 I got your point.

  1. Shiraz dynamic table does not support checkbox yet
  2. In most cases number of fields are high enough to cause table overflow and crosses the tiddler boundary and one needs extra scrollbar
  3. By the way, I need first to improve the dynamic tables in Shiraz
  4. and then see how to add it as an option to Commander.
At the moment I think Inspect is a simpler solution for preview before/after actions.

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Jan 16, 2020, 3:42:40 AM1/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
One more solution is to combine:
 Tiddlytables + Powersearch + batchmanupulator

--Mohammad