Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

Nic

nepřečteno,
12. 1. 2020 20:58:5612.01.20
komu: TiddlyWiki
I've used TW Classic but now I want to switch to TW5.  I want a grid of thumbnails of webpages/links, scanned PDFs of my written notes, etc and mail with keywords for searching. Similar to https://tiddlywiki.com/static/HelloThere.html.  The problem is I don't know how it is done.  Where can I learn how?

TonyM

nepřečteno,
12. 1. 2020 21:27:5712.01.20
komu: TiddlyWiki
Nic,

Welcome to TW5, as someone who has gone from TWC to TW5 I now how it feels, but it is very worth while. Keep in mind much of which needed plugins in TWC is now in the standard Distribution.

On this current issue edit the tiddler https://tiddlywiki.com/?user=test#GettingStarted to see how its currently done (rather than the static one you shared).
But this could be a little messy for a new starter.

You may want to look at Mohammads Shiraz https://kookma.github.io/Shiraz/ for some useful tiddlywiki/css solutions.

One trick is to see where it is being done in tiddlywiki and follow the code. For example when selecting an Icon you get a table of icons.

Regards
Tony

Chuck R.

nepřečteno,
13. 1. 2020 11:20:4213.01.20
komu: TiddlyWiki
  1. Download TW5 to your local hard drive here: https://tiddlywiki.com/#GettingStarted
  2. Choose a method of saving the file locally or to Tiddlywiki or on some other server. Get that set up somehow. I use Tiddlyspot with Chrome, Tiddlyspot does not seem to work well with Firefox as FF always wants to save the file locally.
  3. Start playing around with features of TW.
  4. I am able to store a PDF on a TW5 but cannot read it inside TW5. I just see a blank tiddler.
  5. For EPUB files I'm able to drag and drop an EPUB file on to TW5, but the tiddler that contains the EPUB now only says "Tiddler contains binary data". I cannot view it inside the TW5 and I'm unsure how to export an EPUB from TW5.
  6. For PDFs you will probably have to take a screen shot of the page you want to view in TW5 and show that image. Just drag and drop the image to TW5. Images are well supported. Then you insert the image into another tiddler which contains a table.
  7. TW5 has its own wiki language, it is not media wiki. TW5 supports Markdown but then you lose a lot of TW5 features by using markdown. That's why I converted about 20 tiddlers from markdown to TW5.
  8. Info on TW5 tables is here: https://tiddlywiki.com/#Tables%20in%20WikiText
  9. To download your CURRENT version of your TW5 from Tidddlyspot go to YOURWIKI.tiddlyspot.com/download.

springer

nepřečteno,
13. 1. 2020 13:46:3713.01.20
komu: TiddlyWiki
Chuck, and Nic,

I *can* see PDFs in my TW5, though I haven't tried to get any kind of thumbnail function.

I host my PDFs on dropbox, and use dropbox to "copy a public link" for the PDF.

Then I create a tiddler, titled however I like. At the bottom of editor interface, add a new field called
_canonical_uri

(Note that's an i, not an l). Paste your file's url link in the space to the right and click the button to "add" the field.

Then go select from the "Type" menu (right below edit box): "application/pdf"

When you return to view mode, the result is a little PDF viewer box, much like you see on other websites that host PDFs.

Cheers.

-Springer

Ste Wilson

nepřečteno,
13. 1. 2020 14:13:1813.01.20
komu: TiddlyWiki
Mohammed's presentation thing will create a thumbnail of each slide... Not sure if that's helpful...

Nic

nepřečteno,
13. 1. 2020 15:58:4213.01.20
komu: TiddlyWiki
Thank you.  It was very helpful.

Chuck R.

nepřečteno,
21. 1. 2020 8:31:1721.01.20
komu: TiddlyWiki
Hey it worked! Thanks.

Manish Mohandas

nepřečteno,
21. 12. 2020 12:28:3121.12.20
komu: TiddlyWiki
Dear Springer.
Is your method also applicable for pdf's hosted in Google Drive.
When I go to the "Get Link" section, I get a long link. However, TW doesnt recognize this as a pdf when I follow your steps.
Is there a different steps for files hosted on Google Drive?
Regards
Manish

springer

nepřečteno,
21. 12. 2020 15:12:2621.12.20
komu: TiddlyWiki
Manish,

Indeed, Google Drive doesn't really want to "host" properly; it wants to make people visit more directly. So when you generate a "public link" using google drive, that link just allows people to visit (and then view or download) a hosted file through google drive's own interface.

HOWEVER, I found a workaround that shows how to rework the public shareable link that google gives you.
I've copied the revelant lines from a helpful blogger named Pius Aboyi:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pz_01i2itDW1QZmSMuHen3WZYAJJ3pTV/view?usp=sharing

1Pz_01i2itDW1QZmSMuHen3WZYAJJ3pTV is the id for your file. So, you can build the URL like so:

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1Pz_01i2itDW1QZmSMuHen3WZYAJJ3pTV

In other words, you want to isolate the file's id string, and prefix it with

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=

For me, I've just confirmed that if I've cleared the file at google drive (setting it up for access by anyone with link), it works to paste that resulting modified string in the _canonical_uri field, give the tiddler "application/pdf" type. Now the tiddler window to displays my google-drive hosted pdf file as expected.

-Springer

Manish Mohandas

nepřečteno,
22. 12. 2020 4:15:4922.12.20
komu: TiddlyWiki
Dear Springer
Thanks a lot. This worked well.
I'm assuming the process for Dropbox pdfs is relatively straightforward? Or are there further changes in the links to be made?
May I ask which is your preferred cloud backup for TW?

Thanks in advance.
Manish

springer

nepřečteno,
22. 12. 2020 19:07:1822.12.20
komu: TiddlyWiki
Manish, for dropbox, the general pattern is that dropbox gives you a url string that ends in dl=0
You need to change that ending to raw=1 to make it render properly inside any other webpage.

These days I am working exclusively with github for my active tw projects. I do use dropbox for image hosting and other backups (and google drive for some work stuff), but I don't like the barriers for public sharing of TW files from dropbox or google drive, nor the extra clicks to get a session started.

-Springer

Manish Mohandas

nepřečteno,
23. 12. 2020 1:00:1223.12.20
komu: tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Springer.
This is very helpful. I agree on the challenges with Google Drive and Dropbox.
Regards
Manish

Odpovědět všem
Odpověď autorovi