how to give same sub-tiddler name in multiple tiddlers

Sai Thota

Oct 31, 2014, 4:50:38 PM10/31/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

This may be a silly question, I did a reserach to find it but  couldn't find. How can I give the same tiddler name which aleardy exists but want to put different text.

For example:

TiddlerA

        SubtiddlerA: This is a test

TiddlerB
        SubtiddlerA: This is a test two

Please help me:)

Thanks,
Veera

Stephan Hradek

Oct 31, 2014, 4:52:04 PM10/31/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I don't understand your question.

What's a subtiddler for you?

Sylvain Naudin

Nov 1, 2014, 4:47:47 AM11/1/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Le vendredi 31 octobre 2014 21:50:38 UTC+1, Sai Thota a écrit :

For example:

TiddlerA

        SubtiddlerA: This is a test

TiddlerB
        SubtiddlerA: This is a test two

Please help me:)

Thanks,
Veera

Hi,
Everything is tiddler in TiddlyWiki, so I think it's not possible to have 2 tiddler's with the same name. There is no tiddler and subtiddler.

Sylvain

Sai Thota

Nov 6, 2014, 12:13:19 AM11/6/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply. Let me put it in this way

I created two tiddlers

1) [[TiddlerA]] and within this i created one more tiddler [[Introduction]] with information this is test one

2) [[TiddlerB]] and within this i created one more tiddler [[Introduction ]]with information this is test one but actually i  need different information in TiddlerB introduction like below:

This is the Actual Result:

[[TiddlerA]]
[[TiddlerB]]

TiddlerA:
[[Introduction]]

Introdutcion
This is test one

TiddlerB:
[[Introduction]]
Introduction
This is test one

But i need like this
[[TiddlerA]]
[[TiddlerB]]
TiddlerA:
[[Introduction]]
Introduction
This is test one
TiddlerB:
[[Introduction]]
Introdutcion
This is test two

Please see the attached file.

Thank you so much for looking into this.

Thanks,
Sai
sample.PNG

whatever

Nov 6, 2014, 1:14:40 AM11/6/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hey!
I think you're talking about linking. As Sylvain said, you can't have two tiddlers with the same name, however, you can form links that have the same text but link to different tiddlers. In your case, [[Introduction]] in TiddlerA and TiddlerB leads to the same tiddler called Introduction. What you can do, however, is this. Instead of a single tiddler called Introduction create two separated ones, for example "TiddlerA Introduction", in which you put your "This is test one" and "TiddlerB Introduction", in which you put your "This is test two". Then in TiddlerA, you put [[Introduction|TiddlerA Introduction]] and in TiddlerB, you put [[Introduction|TiddlerB Introduction]]. The link in both tiddlers will look the same as [[Introduction]] but will actually lead to two separated tiddlers.

hth

Stephan Hradek

Nov 6, 2014, 1:20:05 AM11/6/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
To clarify the misunderstanding...

Am Donnerstag, 6. November 2014 06:13:19 UTC+1 schrieb Sai Thota:
Thanks for your reply. Let me put it in this way

I created two tiddlers

1) [[TiddlerA]] and within this i created one more tiddler [[Introduction]] with information this is test one

You do NOT CREATE a tiddler "Introduction", you LINK to it.

2) [[TiddlerB]] and within this i created one more tiddler [[Introduction ]]with information this is test one but actually i  need different information in TiddlerB introduction like below:

So if you see it like this, you directly see, the misunderstanding. If you link to something called "Introduction", it will always be the same Introduction.

But check again http://tiddlywiki.com/#Linking%20in%20WikiText

and try this:

Instead of creating a tiddler "Introduction", create 2 of them "Introduction to A" and "Introduction to B".

Then, instead of [[Introduction]] in both, A and B, use this: [[Introduction|Introduction to A]] resp. [[Introduction|Introduction to B]]

Xabriña

Apr 25, 2018, 5:33:06 AM4/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello everyone, I also have the same problem as Sai Thota.
I have used programs like TreeDbNotes, Cherry Tree and KeepNotes. In these programs you could have subnodes with the same name in different nodes.
For example:
[Tiddler A] Citroen
[sub tiddler A] History
[sub tiddler A] Models
[sub tiddler A] Factories
[Tiddler B] BMW
[sub tiddler B] History
[sub tiddler B] Models
[sub tiddler B] Factories

How could this be done in Tiddlywiki ??? If it is possible to do it. I am interested in the visualization in the TOC.
Thanks and greetings to all.

Fadel M

Apr 25, 2018, 5:58:47 AM4/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Xabriña,

To achieve this you can edit the caption field of the tiddlers. This keeps the title that is viewed when you open the tiddler, but changes what is displayed in the table of contents.

So for example you can name the tiddler title "Citroën history", then add a caption field and call it "History". This tiddler will now appear in the table of contents as "History". However, the tiddler titles have to be unique, unfortunately.

xanato...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2018, 6:02:58 AM4/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Xabriña,

I would solve it like this:

[Tiddler A] Citroen
        [[History|Tiddler A/history]]
        [[Models|Tiddler A/models]]
        [[Factories|Tiddler A/factories]]
[Tiddler B] BMW
        [[History|Tiddler B/history]]
        [[Models|Tiddler B/models]]
        [[Factories|Tiddler B/factories]]

so you need to create tiddlers with the prefix "Tiddler A" or "Tiddler B" then a separating item (for example "/" or "_") and then the sub tiddler name.

hope that helps.
QuaraMan

Xabriña

Apr 25, 2018, 7:06:57 AM4/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello and thank you Fadel M !!!
I do not fully understand your solution. Would you have a TOC expanded with the same structure that I've presented to you in the way you tell me ???

I mean that I have this in TOC:

+ Citroen
         History (only the history of Citroen)
         Models (only Citroen models)
         Factories (only Citroen factories)
+ BMW
         History (only the history of BMW)
         Models (BMW models only)
         Factories (only BMW factories)

I had already thought about using the tiddler fields, but I did not know how to use them to get what I want.

Xabriña

Apr 25, 2018, 7:11:39 AM4/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi, QuaraMan!
The solution that you propose is for me to come out in the TOC the tidders as I want or to make a transclusion of everything in a tiddler ???

Jed Carty

Apr 25, 2018, 7:20:27 AM4/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
The caption field, if it exists, is displayed by the TOC macros. So if you name the tiddler as Fadel suggested than you don't have a naming conflict and can set the caption fields to History (or whatever name you wish to display) and it will display what you want. You don't have to manually create your table of contents.

So you make a tiddler called BMW History, in the tiddler you create a field called 'caption' and in that field you put History

Then in the table of contents that tiddler will be listed as History, but it will be the tiddler called BMW History.

Fadel M

Apr 25, 2018, 8:07:45 AM4/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
Xabriña,

If you have already created your table of contents using the macro, then it's simple. If not, refer to this guide first
https://tiddlywiki.com/#Adding%20a%20table%20of%20contents%20to%20the%20sidebar

To learn more about fields check this tiddler
https://tiddlywiki.com/#TiddlerFields

Basically what you do is you edit a tiddler, and at the bottom you find some fields, which you can enter text in. If the field you want is not available (for example caption is probably not there by default), you can just add the field you want by naming it, giving it a value and then clicking the add button.

Xabriña

Apr 25, 2018, 8:27:26 AM4/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Fadel M and Jed Carty !!!

Now I have it clear and I understand it perfectly.

It is not done directly as in the programs that I mentioned earlier, but it can be done by going around it.