A Simple Way to Add the Tag Bar to the Tiddlerinfo Panel

ste...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2018, 2:54:51 PM2/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

There are several plugins related to tagging. However, it's also possible to simply add the tag bar from the edit template to the tiddlerinfo panel. This way, tags can be modified without opening a tiddler in edit mode. The following code adds the tag bar to the tiddlerinfo panel, adds the caption "Edit Tags", makes the tag bar the default tiddlerinfo tab and adds the info button to the view template:

<$button>
<$action-listops $tiddler="$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/tags" $tags="+[append[$:/tags/TiddlerInfo]]"/>
<$action-setfield $tiddler="$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/tags" caption="Edit Tags"/>
<$action-setfield $tiddler="$:/config/TiddlerInfo/Default" text="$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/tags"/>
<$action-setfield $tiddler="$:/config/ViewToolbarButtons/Visibility/$:/core/ui/Buttons/info" text="show"/>
Make Changes
</$button>

Just wanted to share this. Maybe some readers find it useful!

Cheers,

Stef

Surya

Feb 11, 2018, 4:53:49 PM2/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Stef,

YES :-)))) thanks a ton for that!!!
Surya

Diego Mesa

Feb 11, 2018, 5:30:16 PM2/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
A great tip Stef! Thanks!

Diego

HC Haase

Feb 13, 2018, 2:11:07 AM2/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
This nice. fast, efficient and discrete.
I also use the simple tagger plugin by matabele. this however is faster than the simple tagger plugin because of the drop down functionality. simple tagger plugin can however mass add or delete tags.

HC Haase

Apr 21, 2020, 6:55:55 AM4/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
I use this every day. so good. but it don´t work in the new tw 5.1.22 :(

can you update it ??

Peter Buyze

Apr 21, 2020, 7:09:05 AM4/21/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
@Stef: nice one. So here's a simple question from a newbie: how do I use your code? In other words, where do I put it? Should I make a new tiddler with that code in the text box, or …… what else? Please explain.

21 Apr 2020, 13:55 by haas...@gmail.com:
I use this every day. so good. but it don´t work in the new tw 5.1.22 :(

can you update it ??

HC Haase

Apr 21, 2020, 9:13:05 AM4/21/20
to TiddlyWiki

tirsdag den 21. april 2020 kl. 13.09.05 UTC+2 skrev Peter Buyze:
@Stef: nice one. So here's a simple question from a newbie: how do I use your code? In other words, where do I put it? Should I make a new tiddler with that code in the text box, or …… what else? Please explain.

yes just put it in a tiddler, save it and press the button that you just made. then in any tiddler press the info button, press the edit tags tab and tag away. BUT (for me at least) it do not work any more in the new tw 5.1.22 as mentioned.

Peter Buyze

Apr 21, 2020, 11:12:16 AM4/21/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Thanks HC. For me it does not work either: there is no edit tags bar in the info section of a tiddler.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

21 Apr 2020, 16:13 by haas...@gmail.com:

tirsdag den 21. april 2020 kl. 13.09.05 UTC+2 skrev Peter Buyze:
@Stef: nice one. So here's a simple question from a newbie: how do I use your code? In other words, where do I put it? Should I make a new tiddler with that code in the text box, or …… what else? Please explain.

yes just put it in a tiddler, save it and press the button that you just made. then in any tiddler press the info button, press the edit tags tab and tag away. BUT (for me at least) it do not work any more in the new tw 5.1.22 as mentioned.

Birthe C

Apr 21, 2020, 11:36:41 AM4/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Peter,

I think the Tiddlerinfo Panel easily gets overcrowded.

Birthe

21 Apr 2020, 16:13 by haa...@gmail.com:

tirsdag den 21. april 2020 kl. 13.09.05 UTC+2 skrev Peter Buyze:
@Stef: nice one. So here's a simple question from a newbie: how do I use your code? In other words, where do I put it? Should I make a new tiddler with that code in the text box, or …… what else? Please explain.

yes just put it in a tiddler, save it and press the button that you just made. then in any tiddler press the info button, press the edit tags tab and tag away. BUT (for me at least) it do not work any more in the new tw 5.1.22 as mentioned.

Peter Buyze

Apr 21, 2020, 12:45:37 PM4/21/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Thanks a lot, Birthe, he has some interesting plug-ins, of which I installed the Tiddler bar.

The tiddler you link to has this in its title field: $:/plugins/tg/toolbar/tagging

What should I do with that?

21 Apr 2020, 18:36 by strikke...@gmail.com:

Birthe C

Apr 21, 2020, 1:25:12 PM4/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Peter,
It is part of a plugin among the many Ton Gerner has made.

Birthe

Peter Buyze

Apr 21, 2020, 1:30:42 PM4/21/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
OK Birthe, clear. Thanks again.

21 Apr 2020, 20:25 by strikke...@gmail.com:
Peter,
It is part of a plugin among the many Ton Gerner has made.

Birthe

Stef S

Apr 21, 2020, 3:44:32 PM4/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

On Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 12:55:55 PM UTC+2, HC Haase wrote:
I use this every day. so good. but it don´t work in the new tw 5.1.22 :(

can you update it ??

Just took a look at this. My code appears to work fine when I use it in a brand new TW 5.1.22. However, there was an issue when I tried to upgrade an existing TW after making the changes described above.

The following quick fix worked for me:
  • Try upgrading your TW again. This time, uncheck the tiddler $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/tags before finishing the upgrade.
  • Open your upgraded TW, put my code into a new tiddler and press the button.
Please let me know if it worked!

Cheers,

Stef

Stef S

Apr 21, 2020, 3:50:40 PM4/21/20
to TiddlyWiki

On Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 9:44:32 PM UTC+2, Stef S wrote:

The following quick fix worked for me:

Alternatively, you could also open your upgraded TW, retrieve $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/tags via Advanced Search/Shadows, delete this tiddler and then run my code as described above.

Cheers,

Stef

HC Haase

Apr 29, 2020, 3:03:59 AM4/29/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you so much. I Love the speed of this plugin!