action-setfield makes _1.tid version instead of tiddler I want it to (sometimes)

Dave

Mar 16, 2020, 12:49:24 PM3/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
I have this button that is supposed to write text to a tid file.

\define mymegatext()
<ol>
<$list filter="[list[Today List]]">
<li>* <$view field=title/></li>
</$list>
</ol>
\end

\define mybutton()
<$wikify name=mytext text=<<mymegatext>>>
<$action-setfield
$tiddler="myToday"
   tags="hardcopies"
text=<<mytext>>
/>
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-notify" $param="SetMsg"/>
</$wikify>

\end

<$button actions="<<mybutton>>">
save drags
</$button>

When I started writing this I had a "myToday.tid" in existence and a "myToday_1.tid" which the button was writing to (even though it is supposed to just overwrite the myToday.tid version only)

At first I deleted the "_1" version and the button replaced it (myToday.tid was not overwritten, but new "myToday_1.tid" was created.)

Then I deleted the myToday.tid and the button worked fine.  I rearranged the info and did it again, expecting the new version to go to the "_1" version but it acted correctly this time.

Is this a thing that makes sense to anyone?

thanks,
- Dave

Dave

Mar 16, 2020, 2:10:08 PM3/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
I wonder if this is a Bob thing... I'll poke around in the settings and post back if I figure it out.

Dave

Mar 16, 2020, 5:12:45 PM3/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
I think its the Bob saving thingie.  If I go to Bob Settings > Saver Server and check "Disable Server", then click the "Save Settings" button, the TW instance disconnects from the server and when I start up Bob again its resorted back to the Saver Server *not* being disabled.

I was thinking disabling the automatic saving would stop the server from generating these copied versions of my tiddlers.

Any suggestions?

Joshua Fontany

Mar 17, 2020, 10:12:29 PM3/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
I have run into this behavour. We need to know more about your environment.

What TiddlyWiki version?

Are node.js, TW, Bob, and the wikis all served from the same hard-drive or do some of them reside on different logical drives (C: vs D: for example)?

Do you change tiddler files with any other program while Bob is running? Do you have the setting to 'sync external changes' enabled?

Best,

Joshua F

Dave

Mar 18, 2020, 12:13:44 AM3/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi, TW 5.1.21 , using BobExe, just one wiki served on the one computer hard drive.  Yes I do change files externally (that's why I like Bob - you can do that).  I just looked in all the tabs I could find in the Bob settings and don't see  'sync external changes'. Bob version is 1.3.3b.

- Dave