How about a Bookmarks section on TiddlyWiki.com ?

Mark S.

Mar 12, 2018, 6:19:55 PM3/12/18
to TiddlyWiki
The complaint has been made frequently that good stuff posted in this forum gets lost. There is already a community reference section for projects outside tiddlywiki.com.

How about we have a Bookmark section consisting primarily of a succinct title, a brief description, and a link to interesting threads in this forum? Ok, it could be to other discussions too, such as on reddit.

Hopefully submissions would be approved faster since anything controversial could be hashed out on the forum itself. People that wanted to make enhancements to the ideas expressed could come to the forum. Submitting a bookmark would be much easier than submitting an entire document and wouldn't require any external software (ok, technically you don't need external software already, but it sure is a lot easier when you're trying to work with more than a few paragraphs of material).

Thanks for reading,
-- Mark

HC Haase

Mar 13, 2018, 4:33:54 AM3/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
+1

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 13, 2018, 10:00:14 AM3/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
+1

I think that would be a good step. The issues arise in how to "metadata it" & whether it should go through "peer approval." My sense is that its "yet more work." I mean, WHO is gonna organise this?

One thing I thought about was posting links to such "special posts" to Twitter. I've largely held off because I don't feel (1) I have enough competence to judge what is best; (2) not enough hours in the day as one person to get it "rightly thorough". The upside would be that I could Tweet just those links from a TW and then publish that TW as a resource, properly tagged. I'd be perfectly happy to do that as a "holding area" for something that could then also get more seriously considered. But I could not reliably do the decision part of what to include alone.

Best wishes
Josiah

Mark S. wrote:
The complaint has been made frequently that good stuff posted in this forum gets lost. <snip>

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 13, 2018, 10:35:25 AM3/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
Footnote.

One way to gather "candidate posts" would be to have a forwarding address. Both GG online and email versions of this group support forwarding. That seems a low-hassle approach?

Josiah

Mark S.

Mar 13, 2018, 10:52:04 AM3/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
We're talking about small bookmarks. It doesn't have to be triple-vetted (it's all going to be vetted 2x -- once for the submission and 2nd when it gets merged). Mediocre ideas and sensational ideas might live hand-in-hand in harmony. The thing is, they wouldn't be lost.

-- Mark

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 13, 2018, 11:01:57 AM3/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
Mark... "The thing is, they wouldn't be lost."
Bingo!

Jeremy Ruston

Mar 14, 2018, 1:50:31 PM3/14/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark

I’m hoping to accomplish this in the next few months. The steps are:

a) Moving TW5 to the main TiddlyWiki organization on GitHub so that...
b) …we can implement continuous integration to rebuild tw.com every time a change is pushed to GitHub so that…
c) …we can institute a form for anyone in the community to submit a link, hint, announcement etc. for inclusion on tiddlywiki.com

We’re currently preparing to take that first step.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 16, 2018, 1:40:51 PM3/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Jeremy

Good news. I'm hoping it will allow tagging.

Josiah