Who knows about Gaming and Gaming Campaigns in TiddlyWiki?

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 23, 2018, 11:41:36 AM4/23/18
to TiddlyWiki
Who knows about Gaming and Gaming Campaigns in TiddlyWiki?

There seems to be pent-up demand for examples, coding and variant ways forward.

The problem is I can't really quote anything, link to it, as it doesn't exist.

Can't we do better for obvious demands?

Best wishes
@TiddlyTweeter

Jed Carty

Apr 23, 2018, 3:13:00 PM4/23/18
to TiddlyWiki
I made a nice one, but it is for a system whose owners are known for suing the pants off of anyone who makes anything for it. Which is unfortunate. I am considering making an open gaming license version but I haven't had time yet.

Jan

Apr 23, 2018, 4:36:31 PM4/23/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josiah,
I made http://roguelike.tiddlyspot.com/ inspired by Jed'sd Zorklike. On top you got the map, below there is a Leveleditor. You could even do multiple levels...
It works but i got distracted before doing the last bits and a good dokumentation by an overload of work at theat time.

I would very much like to continue...

Jan

Am 23.04.2018 um 21:13 schrieb Jed Carty:
I made a nice one, but it is for a system whose owners are known for suing the pants off of anyone who makes anything for it. Which is unfortunate. I am considering making an open gaming license version but I haven't had time yet.

Mat

Apr 23, 2018, 5:25:16 PM4/23/18
to TiddlyWiki
Who knows about Gaming and Gaming Campaigns in TiddlyWiki?

What are "gaming campaigns"?

<:-)

TonyM

Apr 23, 2018, 9:05:11 PM4/23/18
to TiddlyWiki
Josiah or is it @TiddlyTweeter?

A few of the SunPoly students are building game related wikis https://designwritestudio.updog.co/#

Regards
Tony

Morgaine O'Herne

Apr 24, 2018, 2:52:24 AM4/24/18
to TiddlyWiki
I'm creating a Wiki website for our RPG group that plays Harnmaster.  I'm also using a personal Wiki to keep track of my characters and events. I can post what I learn as I go.
Morgaine in Boise

Mark Thomas

Apr 24, 2018, 7:50:05 AM4/24/18
to TiddlyWiki
In role-playing games (RPGs), players take the role of a character in a fictional world and create a collaborative narrative. Dungeons and Dragons is probably the best-known tabletop RPG. In traditional RPGs, one player is the game master. He/she creates the fictional world and presents scenarios, encounters, and challenges to the other players. A campaign is a series of game sessions played out in a setting. Campaigns can be a bunch of random events linked only by the appearance of the characters or tell a larger story through a series of related scenes and scenarios.

As you might imagine, GMs keep records and some (like me) use TiddlyWiki. For example, here's the empty GM TiddlyWiki I created for recording campaign information.

Matthew Lauber

Apr 24, 2018, 8:20:01 AM4/24/18
to TiddlyWiki
I've got a few campaigns I'm planning/running in TiddlyWiki, but nothing I can just pickup and hand off as a plugin or edition.  I'm happy to answer questions though.

Matt

Mat

Apr 24, 2018, 1:10:43 PM4/24/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 2:20:01 PM UTC+2, Matthew Lauber wrote:
I've got a few campaigns I'm planning/running in TiddlyWiki, but nothing I can just pickup and hand off as a plugin or edition.  I'm happy to answer questions though.

OK, I'm still curious what you guys mean with "campaign". To me, a "campaign" is a kind of marketing event or advertising.

<:-)

Jed Carty

Apr 24, 2018, 2:01:04 PM4/24/18
to TiddlyWiki
In this context a campaign is the name given to the ongoing game. So if you have a game that you play once a week with persistent characters and story for a long time that is called the campaign and can be made up of many shorter stories or sessions.

Matthew Lauber

Apr 25, 2018, 8:36:36 AM4/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
That said, one of my long term goals is to produce a D&D module entirely contained in a tiddlywiki.  So, maps, creatures, descriptions, plots, are all collected and linked in one place.  At this time, for D&D 5e, I've created:
 * Stat Block edit and view templates for creatures.  Based on (https://valloric.github.io/statblock5e/)
 * A svg based grid system for mapping locations.  Based on (https://campaignwiki.org/gridmapper.svg)
 * A very hacky way of implementing maps, where locations show up as links on the background image.
 * A system for including soundboards with specific locations/events/tiddlers, so you can have thematic music if you want.  Based on (https://tabletopaudio.com/soundpad.html) and including most of their sounds as a separate plugin.

If anyone have an interest in any of these features, I'll be happy to pull out a example wiki people can play with.  The stat bl

Jed Carty

Apr 25, 2018, 8:56:40 AM4/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
I was considering working on the same thing. So yes, I am interested.

Mark Thomas

Apr 25, 2018, 9:14:12 AM4/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
I'd definitely like to see what you've done with stat blocks.

Matthew Lauber

Apr 25, 2018, 9:57:24 AM4/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
I've attached my example.  If you look at the contents of the plugin, you'll see I had to override the core EditTemplate to handle my new types.  But It should show you what it looks like, and everything you need is packaged up in that plugin in case you want to safely add and remove it from your wikis.

Matt
StatBlock Example.html