Please vote for your favour banner for v5.1.23

Jeremy Ruston

Dec 7, 2020, 10:52:00 AM12/7/20
to TiddlyWiki Group
The voting to choose the banner for TiddlyWiki v5.1.23 is now open. Please pick your favourite here:

Thanks to everyone who entered the competition (see https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/cTgPWl8b_9c/m/VtrMFHBGAwAJ). There’s a lot of creativity in the group, and I’mv grateful to have four excellent designs to choose from.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

clutterstack

Dec 7, 2020, 12:46:39 PM12/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Voted. :) I like them all for different reasons, so well done everyone who put their time into creating snappy graphics for the new release!

Best,
Chris

Mohammad

Dec 7, 2020, 1:13:28 PM12/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Voted! Beautiful artworks.

Thank you all!

Sylvain Naudin

Dec 7, 2020, 1:37:23 PM12/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jeremy,

It's not quite the right version, but it doesn't matter, the spirit of the illustration remains the same for the vote, so let's leave it like that!
(but it corresponds well to the latest evolution, so it's perfect, no worries)

Cheers,
Sylvain

Joshua Fontany

Dec 7, 2020, 8:01:33 PM12/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Well done, everyone.

Best,
Joshua Fontany

TW Tones

Dec 7, 2020, 9:30:49 PM12/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
They are all good!

BurningTreeC

Dec 8, 2020, 3:38:24 AM12/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Nice banners everyone :) ! Voted!

BTC

Werner

Dec 9, 2020, 6:33:54 AM12/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
Great stuff, everyone. Voted!

Mat

Dec 9, 2020, 4:15:56 PM12/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
WOW! - you guys are really raising the bar for the banner competitions. What great contributions, ALL of them!!!
<:-)

BurningTreeC

Dec 13, 2020, 7:31:12 AM12/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Is it possible that it's possible to vote twice?

Jeremy Ruston

Dec 13, 2020, 8:01:36 AM12/13/20
to TiddlyWiki Group
Hi Bimlas

Is it possible that it's possible to vote twice?

Yes it is. The only way to guard against it with Google Forms is to require a Google Account in order to vote. (Of course, making an anonymous online voting system that doesn’t permit double voting would be impossible).

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Jeremy Ruston

Dec 15, 2020, 6:55:39 AM12/15/20
to TiddlyWiki Group
Thank you to everyone who voted, the competition is now closed. We had four very strong entries, but with 190 votes recorded there was a clear winner in Atronoush’s design. Many thanks to everyone who helped make this a lot of fun, especially to all the entrants.

Best wishes

Jeremy

TW Tones

Dec 15, 2020, 8:04:34 AM12/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Congrats'  Atronoush’

Good work all.

Tones

Atronoush

Dec 15, 2020, 8:57:37 AM12/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jeremy,

 I am really happy to have a very small contribution to the Tiddlywiki a tool I know has many many fans.
 Thank you all for selecting this my artwork, and a million thanks go to all competitors. A very special thanks to Springer for hosting all
  candidates and for her amazing logo-play website.

@Jeremy
I send the high quality svg file plus png files again. The svg is only 9kb while png is 25kb. I testes the svg file on the https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/ and it is work fine.
If it is possible and using svg format is allowed, I may recommend to use the svg format instead of png.

Thank you one times more
and best wishes for you and Tiddlywiki
Atro

NOBLE PRIZE in Tiddlywiki  💖💖💖
:-) :-)
TW5.1.23.svg
TW5.1.23.png

Sylvain Naudin

Dec 15, 2020, 2:23:22 PM12/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Congratulations Atronoush !!

It was fun to take part :)

Cheers,
Sylvain

Jeremy Ruston

Dec 15, 2020, 2:46:30 PM12/15/20
to TiddlyWiki Group
Hi Atronoush

Congratulations again!

I send the high quality svg file plus png files again. The svg is only 9kb while png is 25kb. I testes the svg file on the https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/ and it is work fine.
If it is possible and using svg format is allowed, I may recommend to use the svg format instead of png.

The SVG looks like this on my system because I don’t have the “IRAN Rounded” font. To get around it one can convert the text to curves but that comes at the expense of a much larger file size.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Atronoush

Dec 16, 2020, 8:17:48 AM12/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Jeremy,

 Yes you are right. I did not note to this. I tried to embed the font, but as you said the size of SVG is much bigger than png.
 I hope next time I could propose a better design!

Cheers
Atronoush

Sylvain Naudin

Dec 16, 2020, 8:55:47 AM12/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,
Even if you convert to path rather than manage it as a text object? And if needed, use after https://jakearchibald.github.io/svgomg/ ?

Sylvain

Jeremy Ruston

Dec 16, 2020, 12:48:57 PM12/16/20
to TiddlyWiki Group
Hi Sylvain

Even if you convert to path rather than manage it as a text object?
And if needed, use after https://jakearchibald.github.io/svgomg/ ?

Converting text to a path is definitely necessary if one wants to have control over how an image will be displayed in other browsers. In this case though, it’s fine for these images to be PNGs and so I didn’t worry about it.

SVGOMG has been subsumed into the very marvellous Squoosh, a general purpose image compression tool for raster and vector images:

Best wishes

Jeremy

Sylvain

Le mercredi 16 décembre 2020 à 14:17:48 UTC+1, Atronoush a écrit :
Thank you Jeremy,

 Yes you are right. I did not note to this. I tried to embed the font, but as you said the size of SVG is much bigger than png.
 I hope next time I could propose a better design!

Cheers
Atronoush

On Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 11:16:30 PM UTC+3:30 jeremy...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Atronoush

Congratulations again!

I send the high quality svg file plus png files again. The svg is only 9kb while png is 25kb. I testes the svg file on the https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/ and it is work fine.
If it is possible and using svg format is allowed, I may recommend to use the svg format instead of png.

The SVG looks like this on my system because I don’t have the “IRAN Rounded” font. To get around it one can convert the text to curves but that comes at the expense of a much larger file size.

Best wishes

Jeremy

springer

Dec 16, 2020, 4:42:22 PM12/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Congrats, Atro! An excellent visually clean and refreshing banner image -- and the most frugal among the batch for bandwidth use, to boot!

-Springer