Firefox not Displaying pictures

Jason Peterson

Mar 17, 2017, 5:48:49 PM3/17/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hello all!
  I love TW classic and am new to TW5.  I have always had an issue with Firefox not displaying any picture that I have in a tiddler.  Is there an addon or something I am missing to have it come up.  I displays fine in chrome and IE.  Thank you all for everything you have done and please if you can keep with it I am spreading the word as much as I can I love TW!

Sincerely, and grateful

PMario

Mar 17, 2017, 5:58:25 PM3/17/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jason,

How do you include your images, and how do you display them. Some tiddler content would be nice.

-m

Jason Peterson

Mar 21, 2017, 11:50:03 AM3/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
PMario,
  My apologizes, I have been reading this group enough that I should have included this.  Again this shows up in Chrome or IE when I look at the same tiddler but not in FF.

[img[H:\Private\Wiki\Images\Twitter\Complaints\Aslan'sFriendN9ZF.jpg]]

Thomas Elmiger

Mar 21, 2017, 1:22:32 PM3/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jason

In many cases it helps to eliminate non-ASCII characters from file names. In your case the ' in Aslan'sFriendN9ZF.jpg

Good luck
Thomas

PMario

Mar 21, 2017, 1:26:58 PM3/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 4:50:03 PM UTC+1, Jason Peterson wrote:
...Again this shows up in Chrome or IE when I look at the same tiddler but not in FF.

[img[H:\Private\Wiki\Images\Twitter\Complaints\Aslan'sFriendN9ZF.jpg]]

hmm. strange.
Did some tests. It seems FF only allows relative paths. imges work for me if they are in the same directory or subdirectory.

-m

Jason Peterson

Mar 21, 2017, 2:31:20 PM3/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
So try and put the image files in the same folder/subfolder as where the wiki is stored?  I will give it a shot and let you know what happens.

Jason Peterson

Mar 21, 2017, 2:46:08 PM3/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
Ok here are two screen shots.  One shows what chrome and firefox look like for the same picture.  The second one shows that all the pictures and TW5 are in the same folder.

Here is the coding that I am using [img[H:\Private\Wiki\Wiki5\Aslan'sFriendN9ZF.jpg]]
Image 64.jpg
Image 66.jpg

Thomas Elmiger

Mar 21, 2017, 2:55:07 PM3/21/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Now you should be able to get the image this way:

[img[Aslan'sFriendN9ZF.jpg]]

(I’m on my phone and guessing.)

-t

Jason Peterson

Mar 21, 2017, 3:02:33 PM3/21/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
That did it! it is extremely weird that it has to reside in the same folder with the tiddler though.  I will play with it some to see if i can go a subfolder or not.  So I played around with the sub-folder piece and found this out if I put a . in front of the subfolder then it works

Like this  [img[.\Images\Aslan'sFriendN9ZF.jpg]]

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

BJ

Mar 21, 2017, 3:26:26 PM3/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
you could try

[img[file///h:/Private/Wiki/
Wiki5/Aslan'sFriendN9ZF.jpg]]

Eric Shulman

Mar 21, 2017, 4:09:42 PM3/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 11:46:08 AM UTC-7, Jason Peterson wrote:
Ok here are two screen shots.  One shows what chrome and firefox look like for the same picture.  The second one shows that all the pictures and TW5 are in the same folder.  Here is the coding that I am using [img[H:\Private\Wiki\Wiki5\Aslan'sFriendN9ZF.jpg]]

Have you tried using foward slashes (/) instead of backslashes (\).  Even though Windows uses "\" for path separators, it will also recognize "/" (which is widely used by almost all other systems).  Thus:

[img[H:/Private/Wiki/Wiki5/Aslan'sFriendN9ZF.jpg]]

-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools: "Small Tools for Big Ideas" (tm)
InsideTiddlyWiki: The Missing Manuals

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 21, 2017, 4:49:53 PM3/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
why is this is issue so weirdly complex?

is there no single documentation point to send questioners to?

Jeremy Ruston

Mar 21, 2017, 5:46:14 PM3/21/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
There’s a useful trick here: once you’ve got your image downloaded, open it in your web browser (typically by double clicking on it in Explorer or Finder). Then note down the URL in the address bar; it will start “file://”.

That gives you a reliable absolute URL to your local image; trim from the start of the string to make it into a local URL.

Best wishes

Jeremy.