"type" filter operator missing from official list?

A Gloom

Nov 5, 2019, 10:21:53 PM11/5/19
to TiddlyWiki
I didn't see the "type" operator (ie:type[text/vnd.tiddlywiki]) on the official list of filter operators (or have a tiddler) at TWcom

Interestingly, [type[]] placed in Advanced Search>Filter produses result by not the total result one would expect-- couldn't determine what its selection criteria is

Mark S.

Nov 6, 2019, 12:02:06 AM11/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
"type" isn't a filter operator -- it's a field.

From the docs for the field operator:

The syntax of a filter step treats any unrecognised filter operator as if it was the suffix to the field operator.

HTH

TonyM

Nov 6, 2019, 12:07:13 AM11/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
A,

Mark beat me too it

The reason is there is not special operator. since type is a field name you are effectively using a version of the Field Operator

This is actually a nice option because to can say fieldname[value] which in a way allows you to define what look like custom operators eg
show-details[yes]

Regards
Tony

A Gloom

Nov 6, 2019, 12:24:59 AM11/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
ty Mark & Tony, I forgot about the automatic field operator assumption

so what does the field operator [type[]] produce?  tiddlers with no type set?  Most of my tiddlers that don't have a type set display their type application/x-tiddler (not in Tiddler Info>Advanced>Fields which reads type only if set, but in the More>Fields list

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 6, 2019, 3:49:09 AM11/6/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
A. Gloom
tiddlers with no type set? ...

I believe they are: text/vnd.tiddlywiki  ?

TT

TonyM

Nov 6, 2019, 6:03:56 AM11/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
Just like with regular fields you can use the has and get operators then filter the result such as has[type]prefix[text]

regards
Tony

A Gloom

Nov 6, 2019, 9:47:39 PM11/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
I believe they are: text/vnd.tiddlywiki  ?

nope they show as "text/vnd.tiddlywiki"

Just like with regular fields you can use the has and get operators then filter the result such as has[type]prefix[text]

but I'm investigating-- good way to test the TiddlerExplorer-- prototype for a filter builder/demostrator

Clipboartexp.jpg