How do I show summary or caption field of a tiddler in the story river?

talha131

Sep 4, 2020, 5:48:17 PM9/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
I understand that we can set custom fields of a tiddler. We can filter tiddlers using the fields or access them in macros.

Currently a tiddler shows title, author, date and content in view mode.

How do I change the TW to show content of summary field too if it is available?

Is it possible to enable the setting for all the tiddlers?

talha131

Sep 4, 2020, 5:55:04 PM9/4/20
to TiddlyWiki

Charlie Veniot

Sep 4, 2020, 11:32:48 PM9/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
First time I see that, and I rather like it.  Thanks for sharing !

bimlas

Sep 5, 2020, 3:34:38 AM9/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Instead of a separate field, I use the first paragraph as a summary. I attach a macro that transcludes the first paragraph of the specified tiddler.
$__bimlas_doc-macro_first-paragraph_macro.json

Brian Radspinner

Sep 5, 2020, 4:27:10 AM9/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
  1. Create a new tiddler;
  2. Give it the tag: $:/tags/ViewTemplate. -- this will tell TW to display the contents of the tiddler in View mode;
  3. Put {{!!summary}} in the main text field of the tiddler -- this tells TW to display the content of the "summary" field;
  4. Save the new tiddler -- now, any tiddler with a summary field should show the content of that field at the bottom of the tiddler;
  5. If you want the summary to show up above the main text field, edit the new tiddler and add a field: list-before and enter $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/body -- this tells TW to display the contents of this new tiddler before/above the main text field.