Menubar Customization / Sticky Titles

Stobot

May 31, 2020, 9:39:38 AM5/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
I really like the menubar option recently added, but am hoping to tweak it a bit.
  1. It appears that the "StickyTitles" option isn't menubar aware? It sticks the titles about halfway through. Can this be fixed?
  2. Can the height of the menubar be increased? I don't see an option in the control panel, or even in the $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/menubar/styles tiddler where I hoped it might be

TonyM

May 31, 2020, 9:45:13 AM5/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
Stobot,

If I am correct in my guess that you need to set the top to something like 40px.
:See <kbd>Control panel > Appearance > Theme Tweeks</kbd>
:$:/
themes/tiddlywiki/vanilla/metrics/storytop (Sets how low the starting position of the story is, to make room for menus etc...
::Available in theme tweeks
::[[Discussion|https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/tiddlywiki/NDKhJ-i3_hc]]
:You can adjust 'Top' in $:/themes/tiddlywiki/vanilla/sticky (Ton [[discussion|https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/NDKhJ-i3_hc/XybCcXqmAwAJ]]
:See $:/themes/tiddlywiki/vanilla/sticky and set Top to 40px as an example
Put this in a tiddler for my notes on this.

Regards
Tony

Stobot

May 31, 2020, 10:49:51 AM5/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Tony

The
$:/themes/tiddlywiki/vanilla/sticky and set Top to 40px
part is perfect - on the default (tiddlywiki.com) a value of 28 works okay. Any more than that and you can see the rest of the tiddler cycle above the sticky title, which seems wonky.

The other part
Doesn't seem to do anything related to that, though in reading the thread, I'd agree that for the long term, that setting should also probably control where sticky titles lives

Any ideas on making the menubar itself taller though? It's so thin it doesn't have much padding above/below the search bar and looks kind of unfinished to me. I'd like it thicker - kind of like the height / function of this google groups page as I type.

Birthe C

May 31, 2020, 11:55:13 AM5/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
Stobot,

Did you look in $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/menubar/styles. If you think the padding is too thin, you could increase it.

Birthe

Stobot

May 31, 2020, 1:02:44 PM5/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Birthe, yes, looked there (noted in OP), but didn't see any height parameter. I'm not skilled with CSS though so maybe I'm missing something.

Birthe C

May 31, 2020, 1:28:20 PM5/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
Stobot,

I didn't see height either. But you commented on  the padding.
Find it in the stylesheet ...here:
nav.tc-menubar ul.tc-menubar-list {
    position
: relative;
    list
-style-type: none;
    margin
: 0;

padding: 0 0 0 42px;
    background
: <<colour background>>;
    background
: <<colour menubar-background>>;

<<box-shadow "1px 1px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)">>
}

You could try something like...
    padding: 10px 0 10px 42px;

Birthe

TonyM

May 31, 2020, 10:42:31 PM5/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
Birth Nice, Will try it my self

It would be nice to make the menu bar able to have an opaque background.

But the menu bar needs improvement, or the core to support it better, when installed you will not see the save and reload red bar, even the drag and drop green bar.

Regards
Tony

Birthe C

May 31, 2020, 11:10:17 PM5/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
TonyM,

I think menubar is good at tiddlywiki.com, but would benefit from some changes, as you noted.
It is not so easy to ad your own button and make it look and work good. It is good for selecting the inbuild options.
For my private wikis I prefer something else depending on the use of that exact wiki.

Birthe

Birthe C

May 31, 2020, 11:28:33 PM5/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
TonyM,
In the plugin stylesheet, look for the background color for the menubar, you could ad opacity.
The opacity-level describes the transparency-level, where 1 is not transparent at all, 0.5 is 50% see-through, and 0 is completely transparent.

Birthe

TonyM

Jun 1, 2020, 12:56:28 AM6/1/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks,

Tony

Stobot

Jun 1, 2020, 6:54:53 AM6/1/20
to TiddlyWiki
Birthe - thanks, the padding setting you suggested worked great.

Mike Andyl

Jul 3, 2021, 6:20:32 PM7/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
How did you solve this problem? I also ran into it and I haven’t gotten anything good yet.
The panel overlaps the buttons I want.
https://i.imgur.com/86gVY7s.jpg
понедельник, 1 июня 2020 г. в 13:54:53 UTC+3, Stobot:

Soren Bjornstad

Jul 4, 2021, 9:37:13 AM7/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
I don't use the menubar plugin, but I did add a custom top bar of my own and got this working, so I'm guessing the same thing would work here. Edit the shadow tiddler $:/themes/tiddlywiki/vanilla/sticky. In the rule .tc-tiddler-title, change the top property to however tall the menu bar is.