Re: [tw] Annoying "Changes you made may not be saved." popup on leaving without editing

Jeremy Ruston

Sep 21, 2017, 6:08:09 PM9/21/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter

Your site xscale.wiki is a nice piece of work.

The reason that the $:/config/SyncFilter trick doesn’t work anymore is because it turned out to be a mistake to re-use the same filter for both controlling which tiddlers are synced to a server and which tiddlers affect the unsaved changes warning when using a file saver.

Now there’s a dedicated filter $:/config/SaverFilter for the latter usage. Again, just set it to a filter that will always return an empty list, such as [is[tiddler]!is[tiddler]]

Best wishes

Jeremy.

On 17 Sep 2017, at 23:09, Peter Merel <peter...@xscalealliance.org> wrote:

Dear tiddlyfolks,

I have a public tiddlywiki up at http://xscale.wiki . Public editing is unimportant because the community coordinates and versions its edits on github as you'd naturally expect.

I know that's not how most people save edits but I confess for the life of me I don't understand why not. Git integration ought to be a first priority for tiddlywiki imho ....

But that's not what this is about. When someone visits the site and then navigates away they invariably get a popup "Do you want to leave this site? Changes you made may not be saved." even though they've made no changes.

I've had a few complaints about it and don't see a setting to fix it. I tried to set Autosave to No, and that didn't help. And I tried the $:/config/SyncFilter trick Jeremy put up a couple years ago and that had no effect either. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Eneko Gotzon

Sep 23, 2017, 11:08:45 AM9/23/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
What a wonderful piece of work Peter…

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 12:09 AM, Peter Merel <peter...@xscalealliance.org> wrote:
[...]

Eneko Gotzon Ares
eneko...@gmail.com

Peter Merel

Apr 26, 2018, 4:24:35 AM4/26/18
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for the kind words Eneko. I'm just getting around to updating it now.

And many thanks Jeremy for the tip - it works fine!

On Sunday, 24 September 2017 01:08:45 UTC+10, Eneko Gotzon wrote:
[...]

HansWobbe

Apr 26, 2018, 5:29:42 PM4/26/18
to TiddlyWiki
Peter:

An impressive piece of work, indeed.

Hopefully I'll find some time this summer to learn more about both your technolony and the subject matter.

Congratulations!

Best regards,
Hans

Peter Merel

Apr 27, 2018, 5:52:02 AM4/27/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hans,

Thanks for the kind words. Let me know if you’d like to get involved in it. You can check out the video explainers at https://www.youtube.com/c/XSCALEAlliance to get a better idea about the principles of the thing. I’m presently updating the main site at http://xscalealliance.org .

All the best,
Peter