How to delete the contents in Wiki?

Java Developer

Nov 7, 2019, 8:01:54 PM11/7/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I come across the link https://joshisms.io which looks good. I can able to download save the wiki as html file...How to delete the text content posted by selecting all...i am not sure how to delete the wiki's text content such as postings, TOC...i am able to see only the tag manager which is not user friendly for deletion....

The context search is working fine in the above which is really useful...I just saw couple of plugins works fine in the above...I am unable to contact the author as well.

In general, what are the easiest way for bulk deletion and selective deletion.

Thanks.

Mark S.

Nov 7, 2019, 8:51:41 PM11/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
You can go to the advanced search (the magnifying glass). Then click on the filter tab.

Make a filter for the kind of things you want to delete. For instance, to delete all journal entries:

[tag[Journal]]

then click on the little trash can icon to delete all Journal entries.

Likewise for table of contents

[tag[TableOfContents]]

It may take awhile to figure out which things you want to delete. You can't delete everything -- you might delete the context search feature!

You can also search everything that is recent:

[!sort[created]!is[system]limit[25]]

This shows the 25 most recent tiddlers that  are not system tiddlers.

You can check this list, and if it's nothing you need, delete again. Change 25 to whatever number you need to prevent deleting something useful.

Hope that helped.

Java Developer

Nov 7, 2019, 8:59:20 PM11/7/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I feel along with this...It would be better if a user checkbox and delete button can be provided as it would be a simple option to have but saves a lot of time...Since most of the users may not be too technical. This is just a suggestion if something can be implemented...

i will try the above and update whether it resolves the problem.

Thanks

Jon

Nov 8, 2019, 6:02:11 AM11/8/19
to TiddlyWiki