Listing tiddlers by length of text field

Joe Bush

Feb 1, 2019, 1:16:38 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
I'm trying to list "stub" tiddlers for me to work on, which I want to find by sorting/filtering them by text length.

I found this tactic from a while back, but it doesn't work anymore.

https://tobibeer.github.io/tb5/#How%20Big%20Are%20Tiddlers%20In%20Size%3F

I've tried downloading a blank TW5 and starting from scratch with these two parts, but that didn't work either.

Does anyone know how to list tiddlers by length of the text field?

Adam Shepherd

Feb 1, 2019, 4:06:59 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
It does work for me.
Did you drag the necessary macro and filter to your wiki?
I followed the instructions here, saved and refreshed my wiki and it worked wonderfully.

Joe Bush

Feb 1, 2019, 9:33:54 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
Really? Huh. Yes, I dragged both the macro and the filter into a blank wiki freshly downloaded from tiddlywiki.com. I tried that one in chrome, and tried the other in nwjs. I wonder what factors exist outside that setup. Could there be interference from outside the file? None of my chrome plugins are active in the webkit view of nwjs, so I would doubt that... If try this again fresh and upload it to dropbox, would you be willing to open the file to see if it works?

Joe Bush

Feb 1, 2019, 9:35:52 PM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
Wow, I take it back. I never actually refreshed the page, because I failed to realize that the filter needed to be loaded on startup. It works now and I feel like an idiot.

Adam Shepherd

Feb 2, 2019, 3:50:37 AM2/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Its okay. I make similar mistakes all the time. :)
I'm glad I could be of assistance!