Katex and TiddlyWiki: Some syntax does not work

Atronoush Parsi

Jul 20, 2021, 10:58:58 AM7/20/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Testing in Tiddlywiki 5.1.23

Some example of KaTex:Supported Functions · KaTeX

like

\begin{align}
   a&=b+c \\
   d+e&=f
\end{align}

return errors! Is there any setting I missed or Tiddlywiki does not support these features?

Mor example which do not work:

$$
\begin{equation}
\begin{split}   a &=b+c\\
      &=e+f
\end{split}
\end{equation}
$$

Pak

Jul 22, 2021, 5:51:00 AM7/22/21
to TiddlyWiki
My understanding is that in order for TW to parse an expression with katex, the expression needs to be inside $$ (or <$latex> widget). Otherwise the expression is treated as a wikitext/html.  That might explain why \begin{align} does not work - it's not inside $$ so TW does not know to parse this as a LaTeX command.

If you want align environment, you can use
$$
\begin{aligned}
   a&=b+c \\
   d+e&=f
\end{aligned}
$$

PMario

Jul 22, 2021, 8:39:05 AM7/22/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,
It seems {align} support started with KaTex 0.13.0 ... The version used in TW is 0.12.0 which is about 1 year old.
So we will probably need to make an update.
-mario

Si

Jul 22, 2021, 8:40:53 AM7/22/21
to TiddlyWiki
@Atronoush

It's because {align} and {equation} were only added in Katex v0.13.0 (https://github.com/KaTeX/KaTeX/releases?after=v0.13.4)

The current TiddlyWiki plugin is still on v0.10.0, and the pre-release is on v0.12.0. I would suggest adding an issue to github asking if the plugin can be updated to the latest version of Katex.

PMario

Jul 22, 2021, 8:48:37 AM7/22/21
to TiddlyWiki

Atronoush Parsi

Jul 22, 2021, 9:12:24 AM7/22/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
@PMario Thank you for help and ticket on GitHub
Yes, please! Hope it gets updated for TW 5.2.0 release! I think TW 5.1.23 would not get the update

@Si - I did not know this I just looked the KaTex help page and try to implement the examples

@Pak - Thank you! While align does not work with current TW+KaTex 0.12 but amazingly aligned worked ;-)

Thank you all

Mohammad Rahmani

Jul 22, 2021, 9:17:34 AM7/22/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 5:18 PM PMario <pmar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you Mario! Yes 0.13.3 has tones of new features and bug fixes!