Re: [tw5] [Request] Mashup of list-search macro and "Search TiddlyWiki toolmap"

Mohammad Rahmani

Dec 19, 2020, 1:55:00 PM12/19/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,
 Great efforts, do you know Saq has an implementation of the whole Toolmap in Tiddlywiki? Have a look at Saq GitHub repo.

Best wishes
Mohammad

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 8:21 PM David Gifford <dgif...@crcna.org> wrote:

Hi guys

I really like Mohammad's "Search TiddlyWiki toolmap", which lets you type a search string, then click a link to open that as a search in the toolmap page in Dynalist.
But I also really like to see a list of options as I am searching, so I don't have to pull terms out of my head. See my tweak of Tobias' list-search macro, where the tiddlers get listed as links to external websites.
I would like to mashup these two into the following, but every attempt I tried failed. Too complicated for me at present. What I want to do is:
  • Take notes in a Dynalist document.
  • Organize by topic in Dynalist.
  • Add the topics as tiddlers to a TiddlyWiki.
  • Have a list-search macro that lists all the tiddlers and filters them as I type
  • so far so good, I have all of this. Now the part I don't know how to do:
  • adapt my custom "listitemtemplate" tiddler
  • so that the tiddlers in the list-search search results
  • function as links to Dynalist searches for the tiddler titles.
It seems like what the listitemtemplate tiddler needs is something like the logic below:

---
define (something) something
end

---

But: a) I don't know how to go about it, and b) maybe there is just a better way to think about it than the logic above.

I would appreciate any help! And I will document the answer in my documenting.tw site for the greater good.

Thanks and blessings.

David Gifford

Dec 19, 2020, 8:11:20 PM12/19/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammad, thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find it at Saq's repo. Looking for it in there just reinforced how much I don't like GitHub. Nothing said toolmap, and searching for toolmap didn't turn up anything...If you have a more specific link, that would be great. Blessings.

Mohammad Rahmani

Dec 19, 2020, 11:45:37 PM12/19/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Saq Imtiaz

Dec 20, 2020, 8:39:42 AM12/20/20
to TiddlyWiki
Here is the original post about it: https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/DRpjXlSfuVU/m/LODwdHWiCAAJ

Note that this was an experiment in OPML import, that I have since used as a demo for large streams when checking performance.

The soon to be released Streams 0.2 renders the toolmap (with all nodes expanded) over 3 times faster.

Cheers,
Saq

David Gifford

Dec 20, 2020, 8:54:03 AM12/20/20