xlxs import tools are great! Anyone developed a way to auto-import a sheet from an xlsx file with column names read as field name?

stevesuny

Jul 10, 2017, 10:33:08 AM7/10/17
to TiddlyWiki

The basic plugin allows the integration / quick import of multiple spreadsheets and using tags or fields for data matching. Incredibly powerful way to use TW as front-end kind-of visualization tool. More on that later.

But, in the meantime, anyone has suggestions to do easily and auto-magically move column names into the importer? In the pic above (below?) i created a second sheet in the xlxs file that lists the fieldname, by doing a copy/paste transpose. Better would be a default setting to import each column name not otherwise identified as field. That way, to import, i'd just need to specify a sheet. If sheet didn't have title column, then fail Or allow me to indicate sheet, and to indicate title field and tags field etc. Have my by-hand additions to plugin override anything imported from spreadsheet.

Anyone done something like this?

st...@sunypoly.edu

Feb 21, 2019, 1:15:48 PM2/21/19
to TiddlyWiki
I just realized I left this thread dangling ....

And I should have noted to the group, that the xlsx import *natively* will read column names in an xlsx file as field names, by selecting import by "column" instead of import by row. One caveat: It is necessary to have a column named "title" in order for the import to work at all.