Tiny Todolist Plugin 1.00 final release: Create todo item with different categories

Mohammad

Jul 22, 2019, 1:38:15 AM7/22/19
to TiddlyWiki
Announcement: Todolist Plugin

Date: July 22, 2019
Release: 1.0.0 final release

Change log
22th July 2019
  • New categories added: share, tip, horn
  • Show/hide item created timestamp
  • Min width of ui is 320px to fit the small screen of cell phones
  • Minor issues fixed

I highly appreciate to receive your feedback, comments and idea
If you like it star it at GitHib

Best wishes
Mohammad

References

Announcement: Todolist Plugin

Date: July 19, 2019
Release: 1.0 release candidate 7

Change log

19th July 2019
[NEW] Priority button cycles through five levels of priority and use colors for levels
[NEW] New minimal interface
[NEW] New internal tiddlers explorer lets you to delete individual todo list
[NEW] Documentation example shows to create multiple todo list in a single tiddler
[Fixed] priority macros does not insert symbols any more

I highly appreciate to receive your feedback, comments and idea
If you like it star it at GitHib

Best wishes
Mohammad

References

Mohammad

Jul 22, 2019, 1:41:12 AM7/22/19
to TiddlyWiki
I would like to appreciate the great icon set tiddlers by morosanuae

Cheers
Mohammad

Mohammad

Jul 22, 2019, 1:41:51 AM7/22/19
to TiddlyWiki
The Todolist 1.00 has a new feature to show hide the timestamp!
So you can see when an item has been created

Costi Budai

Jul 23, 2019, 3:14:39 AM7/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammad, is it possible to implement reopening of  an archived item?
Thanks.

Mohammad

Jul 23, 2019, 4:15:48 AM7/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi
Do you mean to restore it as an undone task?
If so, it is possible, but it makes no sense! You have to do two steps to put an item in archive

1. mark it as complete
 2. archive completed item!

So, the probability is low to do these two steps by mistake while it is not zero!

Manual solution!
Open the archiveTiddler and cut paste the item into the taskTiddler

--Mohammad

Costi Budai

Jul 23, 2019, 4:39:26 AM7/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
Yes, restore it as an undone task.
OK, got it, copy/paste to a new one.
Thanks.

TonyM

Jul 24, 2019, 12:08:39 AM7/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad,

Thanks for this excellent work. I discovered another little hack but want to suggest for future projects;

If you change Sidebar Todo list as follows
<<todolist-ui "[[My sidebar todo list|Sidebar Todolist]]" base:"sidebar" >>
The todo list can be opened as a tiddler by clicking on the caption, from the sidebar

The way I think of it is if you are going to use screen space to caption something then why not use it to link to the tiddler that generates it?

In some cases this can also be dragged to another wiki to install it, for example "Edit Recent, RecentSys and Recent Temp" in the sidebar here https://tiddlywiki.psat.com.au/ you can drag the title in the tab to install it. Perhaps we should indicate such links with an icon so people know it is that easy.

That website is due for a refresh.

Regards
Tony

Mohammad

Jul 24, 2019, 1:27:47 AM7/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
A great tip! Noted!
 Thank you!

Mohammad

Jul 24, 2019, 1:30:46 AM7/24/19
to TiddlyWiki

On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 8:38:39 AM UTC+4:30, TonyM wrote:
Mohammad,

Thanks for this excellent work. I discovered another little hack but want to suggest for future projects;

If you change Sidebar Todo list as follows
<<todolist-ui "[[My sidebar todo list|Sidebar Todolist]]" base:"sidebar" >>
The todo list can be opened as a tiddler by clicking on the caption, from the sidebar

The way I think of it is if you are going to use screen space to caption something then why not use it to link to the tiddler that generates it?

In some cases this can also be dragged to another wiki to install it, for example "Edit Recent, RecentSys and Recent Temp" in the sidebar here https://tiddlywiki.psat.com.au/ you can drag the title in the tab to install it. Perhaps we should indicate such links with an icon so people know it is that easy.

I like this! You can share it with other have Todolist!

Birthe C

Jul 24, 2019, 11:08:47 PM7/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammad,

You have created some very nice plugins, thank you. But the link to your demo says There isn't a GitHub Pages site here.

Tiny Todo-list and TW-Trash.

Birthe

Mohammad

Jul 25, 2019, 12:09:16 AM7/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Birthe

Thank you for your email. It seems GitHub from yesterday has suspended all accounts from people live in Iran or signed as Iranian.
I have received an email and  yellow notification on my GitHub page stated that

Due to U.S. trade controls law restrictions, your GitHub account has been restricted. For individual accounts, you may have limited access to free GitHub public repository services for personal communications only. Please read about GitHub and Trade Controls for more information. If you believe your account has been flagged in error, please file an appeal.

May be they realized I have put too much time on developing Tiddlywiki plugins and planned to push me do something more important :-)

Thanks to US democracy!

Best regards
Mohammad

Mohammad

Jul 25, 2019, 12:30:11 AM7/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Birthe,
 It seems the code page is still working so download from

--Mohammad

TonyM

Jul 25, 2019, 1:28:20 AM7/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
What a pain those restrictions. Just yell if you need some support.

Please find attached a tiddler that lets me review all outstanding Todolist Plugin tasks by tiddler from which they were added.

Regards
Tony

On Monday, July 22, 2019 at 3:38:15 PM UTC+10, Mohammad wrote:
All Todo Items.tid

Mohammad

Jul 25, 2019, 1:55:42 AM7/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Tony!
Useful addition!

Cheers
Mohammad

On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 9:58:20 AM UTC+4:30, TonyM wrote:
What a pain those restrictions. Just yell if you need some support.
Thanks Tony I will tell you in case!
Message has been deleted

Jeremy Ruston

Jul 25, 2019, 7:32:59 AM7/25/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohammad

Thank you for your email. It seems GitHub from yesterday has suspended all accounts from people live in Iran or signed as Iranian.
I have received an email and  yellow notification on my GitHub page stated that

Due to U.S. trade controls law restrictions, your GitHub account has been restricted. For individual accounts, you may have limited access to free GitHub public repository services for personal communications only. Please read about GitHub and Trade Controls for more information. If you believe your account has been flagged in error, please file an appeal.

May be they realized I have put too much time on developing Tiddlywiki plugins and planned to push me do something more important :-)

Thanks to US democracy!

I’m very sorry to hear that. The words "may have limited access to free GitHub public repository services for personal communications only” make it sound like you may still be able to do some stuff. Can you post issues in the TW5 repo for instance?

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Best regards
Mohammad

On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 7:38:47 AM UTC+4:30, Birthe C wrote:
Hi Mohammad,

You have created some very nice plugins, thank you. But the link to your demo says There isn't a GitHub Pages site here.

Tiny Todo-list and TW-Trash.

Birthe

Mohammad

Jul 25, 2019, 8:25:07 AM7/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jeremy!
 Thank you for your support It seems GitHub pages are blocked! I cannot also create organization but old one are working!
The good news is I can also send PR or open tickets on TW5 repo!

Best
Mohammad

On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 4:02:59 PM UTC+4:30, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
Hi Mohammad

[...]

Jeremy Ruston

Jul 25, 2019, 9:05:27 AM7/25/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohammad

That is indeed a sliver of encouraging news, and I will be hoping for more positive developments.

Best wishes

Jeremy

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/22271ce3-cb84-49dd-b6dc-1c6145bc03fb%40googlegroups.com.

Mohammad

Jul 25, 2019, 9:52:52 AM7/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Jeremy,

 I hope I can remain active in TW community!

Best
Mohammad

On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 5:35:27 PM UTC+4:30, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
Hi Mohammad

That is indeed a sliver of encouraging news, and I will be hoping for more positive developments.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Mat

Jul 25, 2019, 9:56:08 AM7/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
@Mohammad - if it is only a matter of demo sites, then I can recommend tiddlyspot (most easily set up via this page)

<:-)

Mohammad

Jul 25, 2019, 10:52:37 AM7/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Mat,
 I have few wikis on tiddlyspot!
Yes, that is a solution, to keep pages on tiddlyspot!

Cheers
Mohammad

Mohammad

Aug 3, 2019, 10:23:41 AM8/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mat,
Is it possible to upload 5.120pr?

--Mohammad

Birthe C

Aug 3, 2019, 1:07:58 PM8/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammad,

I do not think you can use Mats setup wiki. But you should be able to upload to tiddlyspot directly using chrome or chromium. Are you having problems with that?

Birthe

Mohammad

Aug 3, 2019, 2:04:58 PM8/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Birthe,
 Do you mean to create a page on tiddlyspot and then drag and drop a TW5.1.20 over it?
Lets try!

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Aug 3, 2019, 2:12:43 PM8/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Birthe,
 I did and I got this error
 Uncaught TypeError: self.addIndexer is not a function

I used this page http://tiddlywiki5.tiddlyspot.com/ to create a new site
Seems does not work with TW 5.1.20pre
Mohammad

Birthe C

Aug 3, 2019, 3:36:05 PM8/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammed,

fill out the form and create....but do not go to your new site. Open the the tiddlywiki you want to upload in your browser....open control panel saving...and enter the name of your wiki and your password. When you save it should upload to your newly created tiddlyspot. I think we still need to use Chrome or chromium browser for this part.

Birthe

Birthe C

Aug 3, 2019, 4:26:17 PM8/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi again Mohammad,

I just uploaded to tiddlyspot using Chromium. BUT I had to try 3 times before it stopped saving locally and uploaded.
For other work I am very much enjoying your latest version of todolist. Thanks to your advice I got It from github.

Birthe

Mohammad

Aug 4, 2019, 8:18:11 AM8/4/19
to TiddlyWiki
WOW
Thank you Birthe
It is working for me!

Added to TW-Scripts.

Cheers
Mohammad

ILYA Khlopotov

Nov 5, 2019, 10:00:57 PM11/5/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Mohammad,

I am quite new to Tiddlywiki and I am trying to adapt your plugin to create independent tiddlers instead of using JSON tiddlers. I was able to create new tiddler but I cannot update view template to display these tiddlers.

The way I create the tiddler is:
```
\define todolist-add-task-action()
<$set name=item value=<<now "[UTC]YYYY0MM0DD0hh0mm0ssXXX">> >
        <$action-setfield $tiddler=<<item>> caption={{{ [<stateTiddler>getindex[itemtext]] }}} parent=<<currentTiddler>> type="text/x-markdown"/>
<$action-setfield $tiddler=<<statusTiddler>> $index=<<item>> $value="undone" />
<$action-setfield $tiddler=<<priorityTiddler>> $index=<<item>> $value="none" />
</$set>
<$action-setfield $tiddler=<<stateTiddler>> $index="itemtext" $value=""/>
\end
```

My question is. Is it really doable to modify your plugin or it would be easier to write it from scratch?

Best regards,
ILYA