External image tiddlers and external links require 'files' directory

David Nebauer

Apr 30, 2019, 10:37:08 AM4/30/19
to TiddlyWiki
It's taken me a while to transfer my standard image tiddlers to external image tiddlers on a 5.1.19/nodejs installation. The most interesting wrinkle is that my "skinny" image tiddlers display images only if the image files are saved to a subdirectory of the wiki root called files. I tried the conventional subdirectory name of images, as well as a few other directory names, but for me image tiddlers fail to display images every time the image subdirectory is named something other than files, and works every time the image subdirectory is named files. Nothing I read in the TW help or in the TW google group led me to suspect this would be the case.

A similar thing happens with external links to non-image files. This link works:

[ext[files/README.md]]

while this one results in a "File not found" error:

[ext[other/README.md]]

even though both files exist in the named subdirectories in the wiki root directory.

I'm happy now I have both features working. Just thought I'd record my experience here in case it helps someone else.

Regards,
David.

TW: 5.1.19/nodejs
Browser: Firefox Quantum Extended Support Release 60.6.1esr (64-bit) on linux

Mark S.

Apr 30, 2019, 10:56:13 AM4/30/19
to TiddlyWiki
Like many things, it's kind of buried:

I guess the main thing is that I wasn't able to find it by using key words like "node.js", "images".  It's kind of like TW needs a "keyword" field which holds all the key words that could be associated with a topic. Sometimes I've added my own keywords to the bottom of a tiddler. They can be hidden away in HTML comment tags.

David Nebauer

Apr 30, 2019, 5:15:28 PM4/30/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the pointer to that help tiddler.

Regards,
David.