Grouping Terminology in Links

h0p3

Feb 9, 2018, 4:09:07 PM2/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
Sometimes I spend time defining particular words in my wiki. I often link to my definitions in my writing. I write at high speed, and when I'm in the flow state, I don't have time to think about what the title of a definition's tiddler is. I can't afford to be bothered by it because I will lose track of what I'm trying to say.

How do I make sure all of these:
  • Maxim
  • maxim
  • Maxims
  • maxims
...are automatically pointing to (or redirecting to) "Maxim"?

I truly hate doing this by tranclusions or going back to write [[foobar|Maxim]] each time. Am I using the wiki incorrectly? Please, tell me the idiomatic art of handling this problem (which I assume is common). Is there a tool that can handle this? Please, let me know. Do I need to build a tool for this? Please point me in the right direction. Also, feel free to tell me to "suck it up" and just do it by hand.

Mark S.

Feb 9, 2018, 4:15:38 PM2/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
It sounds like you need PMario's uni-link plugin for aliases. He's even got a video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9l-vipAoNw&feature=youtu.be

Good luck
-- Mark

PMario

Feb 9, 2018, 4:43:41 PM2/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 10:15:38 PM UTC+1, Mark S. wrote:
It sounds like you need PMario's uni-link plugin for aliases. He's even got a video here:

As Mark points out https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/uni-link/ may be an option.

Not 100% what you describe, but imo worth a try.

have fun!
mario

h0p3

Feb 10, 2018, 2:37:03 PM2/10/18
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you both! I appreciate it. This can do what I need it to do. It throws off my coloration, but I think I can fix it.