Windows shortcut to open editable wiki?

Robert Barker

Nov 11, 2018, 8:30:36 AM11/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi, I'm trying to find a decent method to automatically open an editable wiki at Windows startup (for anyone using a machine who isn't familiar with various saving mechanisms in browsers, primarily the download at save).  This is an attempt to encourage a IT team to habitually use a wiki as a change/maintenance log on several servers.  I can setup something centrally and train, however would like it as simple as possible (like the wiki is).

I tend to use Tidldly Chrome - "Ungoogled Chromium" with TiddlyChrome extension (as latest Chome and friends seem to have lost the Tiddly Chrome plugin compatibility, and this is the only remaining option I found which works)...I haven't found a way to shortcut the plugin with auto-open wiki file.

My best option seems to use Node.js package I recently tried from Tiddlywiki promoted plugins "Bobwin.exe" - pretty slick package to run as webserver and simple use web shortcut from same machine or as webserver.  It easily allows multiple "sites", if I import the base plugins and tiddlers for uniformity.

Any other suggestions?

Ste Wilson

Nov 11, 2018, 3:31:29 PM11/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
No help whatsoever but I read this as a question about edible wikis..
Need to get some food.

TonyM

Nov 11, 2018, 4:02:58 PM11/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
Robert,

It would be a good idea to use TiddlyWiki in this kind of way. I cant quite understand the requirements you have, what control you have to install on the server etc.... If if the Bob single executable is in the startup or Windows Schedule after it loads,  it opens in your default browser. Will each server have its own TiddlyWiki or would you like them to open a shared wiki on the LAN, would you like remote access to the log? Of course be careful on production servers you do not increase their hackability.

If you have Timimi installed in either Chrome or FireFox simply opening the tiddlywiki file it will open in the default browser ( eg path\tiddlywiki.html in batch or startup or commend prompt) as a savable TiddlyWiki.

With Timimi (file) Bob, or Tiddlyserver (Local URL) is running you can set the browser home page as your TiddlyWiki and instead "launch" the browser.

Regards
Tony