Relink doesn't always work

Peter Buyze

Apr 16, 2020, 4:02:47 AM4/16/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
I love this plug-in, and have had good experience thus far.

Today I found a flwa/bug, I think.

I have a tiddler entitled ToC.
In the text box there is the following only:

<<toc-selective-expandable 'ToC' sort[title]>>

All tids that I want to occur in the list have a tag ToC. I wanted to change the title of the ToC tid to ToC-zettels. Sure enough the Relink message showed up telling me all links would be amended. But after making the change and going to the Read mode, there was no more list of all the tids tagged with ToC.

In fact, what happened is that the ToC tag was removed from all the tids. In other words, Relink cannot change tags. Is that right or am doing something wrong?

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

Peter Buyze

Apr 16, 2020, 4:05:13 AM4/16/20
to TiddlyWiki forum

Addendum:

when I change the tid's title back from ToC-Zettels to ToC, the list was back, and the various tids had the ToC tag back too, obviously.

Date: 16 Apr 2020, 11:02
Subject: Relink doesn't always work

TonyM

Apr 16, 2020, 9:39:26 AM4/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
If you open a tag tiddler and edit it so it becomes a real tiddler you can rename it and the change will be updated on all tiddlers tagged with it. This is the behaviour without the Relink plugin.

Mark S.

Apr 16, 2020, 10:05:13 AM4/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Did you remember to change ToC to ToC-zettels in your <<toc-selective-expandable>> macro ? Relink won't
be able to change that parameter.

Peter Buyze

Apr 16, 2020, 11:39:20 AM4/16/20
to 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
Mark, you're right, that's what caused the problem.
Issue closed.
Many thanks.

16 Apr 2020, 17:05 by tiddl...@googlegroups.com:

Flibbles

May 26, 2020, 10:32:22 AM5/26/20
to TiddlyWiki
I'm going through and addressing all discussions about Relink.

This is fixed now in latest versions.

I'm 80% sure you're the person who submitted the bug report.

-Flibbles