Bullet points sometimes don't work

91 vues

Peter Buyze

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 02:29:2816/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki forum
I have noticed that sometimes bullet and numbered points don't work - see screenshot.
Why is that?

bullet.png

Birthe C

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 03:53:1016/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki
Try

In case CC is not wanted: these are the options:

Global setting:

# turn off CC (Control panel > Settings), or

Textbox only:

# use  ~ on front of word, e.g. ~McLeod
# `<$text text="McLeod" />`

*turn off CC

Birthe

Peter Buyze

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 04:09:1316/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki forum
Birthe, do you mean to delete the gap between * and "turn off CC"?
If so, I tried it but to no avail.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

16 Apr 2020, 10:53 by strikke...@gmail.com:

Birthe C

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 04:54:5116/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki
No.
You need an empty line before your bullet list.

Birthe

torsdag den 16. april 2020 kl. 10.09.13 UTC+2 skrev Peter Buyze:
Birthe, do you mean to delete the gap between * and "turn off CC"?
If so, I tried it but to no avail.

Peter Buyze

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 05:38:2216/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki forum
That does not do the trick either.

Note: I am rather confused on this because higher up on the same tid I have proper bullet points and numbered points.

16 Apr 2020, 11:54 by strikke...@gmail.com:

Birthe C

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 08:21:2416/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki
Peter,
Could you show us what you have got. Upload a tid file or have an example wiki on tiddlyspot.

My example above works in my TW.

Birthe

Peter Buyze

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 08:26:2416/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki forum
Birthe, thanks for following up.

In the attached screenshot you'll see the Edit mode and Read mode next to each other.

16 Apr 2020, 15:21 by strikke...@gmail.com:
bullet.png

Peter Buyze

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 08:28:5316/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki forum
Birthe,

and in this screenshot is another section of the same tiddler that shows both bullet and numbering works, which is why don't understand it does not work elsewhere. And it is not the 1st time this has happened.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

16 Apr 2020, 15:21 by strikke...@gmail.com:
bullet2.png

Birthe C

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 08:52:0216/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki
Peter,
From your screenshots I really do not understand either. But I wonder if you have used
```

Somewhere in the same tiddler. That has often confused me, due to not always seeing the signs and ending it correctly.

If you want, you can export your tiddler from the more actions button i View mode. Export as tid.

Birthe

Peter Buyze

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 09:10:5116/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki forum
Birthe, I deleted the 3 double quotation mark, but it does not make a difference.

I also had it on another tiddler where I had 3 dashed (---) for a horizontal line. When I added something above it with an empty line in between, the horizontal line was not rendered anymore, just the 3 dashes occurred. I "fixed" it by deleting the double slashes (//) on both sides of the text. But that's a workaround.

Why do you suggest I export the tiddler?

16 Apr 2020, 15:52 by strikke...@gmail.com:

Jeremy Ruston

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 09:32:0016/04/2020
à tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter

One thing to watch out for is to make sure that those important blank lines don’t contain any spaces.

Otherwise, I suggest exporting the tiddler as a JSON file and then attaching the file to a post here so we can see it. To do that, click on the downwards arrow at the top right of the tiddler and select “export tiddler” and then “JSON File”.

Best wishes

Jeremy

TonyM

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 09:33:1316/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki
Peter

Rather than share screen shots insert your broken wikitext example inside the email, one that works/is broken on a test tiddler on tiddlywiki.com

I believe I have the answer but I need to be sure of the question.

Regards
Tony

Peter Buyze

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 11:36:0116/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki forum
Jeremy,
many thanks for replying.

I checked, there are no spaces in the blank lines.

Attached you will find the JSON file.

16 Apr 2020, 16:31 by jeremy...@gmail.com:
Tips-Tricks-Peter.json

Birthe C

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 12:12:3516/04/2020
à tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Peter, you had ``` without closing it.
Tips & Tricks.json

Peter Buyze

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 12:45:4216/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki forum
Thanks Birthe. I confused myself by putting the closing """ (triple double quotes) between backticks to make them visible in the Read mode. I should have put a 2nd set in, which I did just now and that resolved the issue.
Thanks a lot :-))

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

16 Apr 2020, 19:12 by strikke...@gmail.com:

On 16 Apr 2020, at 14:10, 'Peter Buyze' via TiddlyWiki <tiddl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Birthe, I deleted the 3 double quotation mark, but it does not make a difference.

I also had it on another tiddler where I had 3 dashed (---) for a horizontal line. When I added something above it with an empty line in between, the horizontal line was not rendered anymore, just the 3 dashes occurred. I "fixed" it by deleting the double slashes (//) on both sides of the text. But that's a workaround.

Why do you suggest I export the tiddler?

16 Apr 2020, 15:52 by strikk...@gmail.com:
Peter,
From your screenshots I really do not understand either. But I wonder if you have used
```

torsdag den 16. april 2020 kl. 14.28.53 UTC+2 skrev Peter Buyze:
Birthe,

and in this screenshot is another section of the same tiddler that shows both bullet and numbering works, which is why don't understand it does not work elsewhere. And it is not the 1st time this has happened.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

Birthe C

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 12:58:2616/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki
 Peter,

Now you know why long time tiddlywiki users have eyes popping out ;-)
In your colour section @@color:red;Red colored text@@ should work.

Birthe

Peter Buyze

non lue,
16 avr. 2020, 13:04:2316/04/2020
à TiddlyWiki forum
Yeah, I know now :-)
For highlights I will stick with <mark>text</mark> most of the time.

16 Apr 2020, 19:58 by strikke...@gmail.com:
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer