Questions re node.js

Dave Gifford - http://www.giffmex.org/

Oct 11, 2017, 6:46:40 PM10/11/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi all

After wandering about in the world and using Dynalist.io to much satisfaction, I am finding I would still like to gather some notes in TW. But I have been hearing of rumors that my beloved Firefox will soon no longer be supporting changes in TW. And I have never liked Chrome's way of saving. I always feel like I am either going to accumulate heaps of files or somehow lose my data because I didn't save it.

Also, I like how http://tiddlywiki.com/static/TiddlyWiki.html functions online. I would like to be able to easily generate a large static site, especially in Spanish.

So I am thinking node.js may or may not be my solution. Let me describe roughly what I am thinking of, and you guys can maybe tell me if it is doable.

1. Have a number of TiddlyWikis I access via node.js, not just one. The tiddlers from the TWs could all be mixed together in folders.
2. Have the ability to wikilink any tiddler via any of the TiddlyWikis. So if I created a tiddler from the 'Animals' TW, there would be a way to wikilink to it from a 'Nature' TW.
3. Generate a static site like http://tiddlywiki.com/static/TiddlyWiki.html from all the tiddlers. Having it update automatically or at least with the click of a button when I make changes to any of the TWs would be a big plus.

Is this doable? I am guessing it is. In simple but precise English, how would I go about doing this? What is the process involved, not so much for setting up but for day to day editing and publishing? Do I save locally and upload each time from my laptop? Or is there a way to edit online tid files via node.js and have their static versions updated? Is there a way to edit in node.js so I can see it wikified but not have to depend on a browser?

I think some of you use Github to do something like this. If so, is that something worth pursuing? What is your process?

Thanks in advance for any illumination and guidance! Blessings.

Arlen Beiler

Oct 11, 2017, 11:11:31 PM10/11/17
to TiddlyWiki

David Gifford

Oct 11, 2017, 11:44:15 PM10/11/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Arlen!

David Gifford
Mexico team leader, Mexico City

Resonate Global Mission
Engaging People. Embracing Christ.
A Ministry of the Christian Reformed Church
resonateglobalmission.org

kelsang sherab

Oct 18, 2017, 10:49:10 AM10/18/17
to TiddlyWiki
David,

out of curiosity is Resonate Global Mission website build with TW ??

it looks very nice and very inormative.

Thanks

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 11:11 PM, Arlen Beiler <arle...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Oct 11, 2017 18:46, "Dave Gifford - http://www.giffmex.org/" <gif...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

David Gifford

Oct 18, 2017, 1:22:37 PM10/18/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi kelsang, no, Resonate's site is not done in TiddlyWiki. They have a professional communications department that handles that.

My own website, giffmex.org, and my Spanish materials at articulos.giffmex.org are created with statics generated by my local TiddlyWikis.

Blessings