Re: [tw5] Abridged summary of tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com - 50 updates in 14 topics

Richard Drake

Nov 4, 2019, 6:40:06 PM11/4/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Gmail gave a warning about one of the links here

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 at 02:26, <tiddl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
TonyM <anthony...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 06:41PM -0700

Mohammad,

Love your work. I need a degree in what Mohammad has produced just to make
full use of it all.

Do you really know this is compatible with Tiddlywiki5.1.5+ ?

Thanks
Tony
...more
Stephan Hradek <stephan...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 02:04AM -0700

Background of my question: For a colleague who often needs to write
standard mails I've created a TiddlyWiki where one can create 2 tiddlers.
One with the standard mailtext using place holders. ...more
"Mark S." <thro...@yahoo.com>: Oct 30 07:16AM -0700

I've read your post several times now, but I'm still unsure what you want.

Perhaps you could show the list code you are using, and then highlight the
output, indicating
what you would desire the ...more
Xavier Cazin <caz...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 03:21PM +0100

Hi Stefan,

I'm almost certain that filters hold the answer to your questions.
Especially since they include operators like subfilter[], then[] and else[]
—and also *~run* constructs. ...more
TonyM <anthony...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 06:37PM -0700

Stephan,

I am a little confused about you question as well.

I do not really like the notation of the placeholders

This is not helpful, the notation should not be the problem, perhaps its ...more
Magenta Ward <war...@sunypoly.edu>: Oct 30 08:24AM -0700

Hello,

Yes, we are testing out the ADA compliance. As of right now we are getting
a low score, we are hoping that this per-release version will give it a
little boost.

- Magenta Ann

...more
TonyM <anthony...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 06:24PM -0700

Magenta,

We have a few community members that champion or require accessibility
features themself. I would suggest publishing the results of your analysis
and requesting help in a new thread. ...more
Sebastian Ovide <sebasti...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 10:24AM -0700

Hello all

TiddlyWiky stores dates in a format referred as UTC.
Example: 20191030170157357. But the UTC is very common to see everywhere
looks like 1994-11-05T13:15:30Z

any idea on the ...more
"Mark S." <thro...@yahoo.com>: Oct 30 10:39AM -0700

That particular format doesn't include milliseconds. It is a 1000 times
less precise than the TW format.
The time stamp may be important if you are generating more than 1 tiddler a
second.
...more
TonyM <anthony...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 06:19PM -0700

Sebastian

UTC does not refer to the format as you seem to believe, it refers to the
dates time zone. UTC is the universal time held in Greenwich.

It's easy to be confused with this but the ...more
si <matthew...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 10:52AM -0700

Hi all.

I've been messing around with making a wiki to track what books I read and
when I read them. I've run into a few sticking points and I'm curious to
hear how others may have approached ...more
TonyM <anthony...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 06:13PM -0700

si,

What you seem to be asking for is a log process. I have a log system that
allows me to log a note against any tiddler but it is written to a
datatiddler with the key the datetime and ...more
S <iran...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 05:43AM -0700

TW has gradually become slower and more unusable the more I add to it. It
is text only, no added plugins or other extras, entirely structured and
organized through tags, with three tiddlers of ...more
TonyM <anthony...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 06:14AM -0700

There is much that can be done to help. I assume its a single file wiki and it has evolved over time?

tiddlywiki is open to massive numbers of tiddlees, relationships and is flexible out of ...more
"Mark S." <thro...@yahoo.com>: Oct 30 06:54AM -0700

Reading your post, it sounds like you're still on 5.1.13. There were
improvements in 5.1.20. I would suggest making a copy
of your file and upgrading it to 5.1.21.

It's really hard to diagnose ...more
S <iran...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 09:54AM -0700

Thank you for your response! Closing the sidebar did not make a difference,
RAM is aplenty to begin with but I always turn off and turn computer on
again with nothing else running if I want the ...more
S <iran...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 09:58AM -0700

I just upgraded to 5.1.21 and it is much better! Have to experiment with
the new version more to be sure it will be usable for my purposes, so in
the meantime, I might be okay. I still have ...more
Arlen Beiler <arle...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 01:25PM -0400

Definitely upgrade -- alot of improvements have been made recently.

Also, the tag filter starts having performance problems when you start
getting into tens of thousands of tiddlers (like a ...more
Michael Wiktowy <mwik...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 05:17PM -0700

I have noticed, even in 5.1.21, that with modestly sized tiddlers
containing html content, if you set the mime-type to be text/html, it
renders quickly (but in a slider window with some ...more
TonyM <anthony...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 06:00PM -0700

Anything I could or should change about my TW file so that TW performance
> is ahead of the data?

Without looking at your wiki specifically, this is a very open question, We ...more
Sycom <sylvai...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 03:51AM -0700

Maybe do not display {{!!title}} but a set of filter on the currentTiddler ?

Sylvain
@sycom
...more
TonyM <anthony...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 05:41PM -0700

TT,

I am a bit late to this thread and have not read it all, May I respectfully
suggest the value of the title is something you have chosen to set in your
example, it is you who has diminished ...more
Hubert <hube...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 10:02AM -0700

Hi Magnus,

Thank you. Can you share a bit more about what "%3Csvg%20xm......" refers to?

Many thanks,
Hubert
...more
Sycom <sylvai...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 03:37PM -0700

Hello Hubert,

I think Magnus is using an urlencoded version of the svg. You can have it with <$view tiddler="your_tiddler” format="urlencoded" />. See viewWidget documentation for a double check. ...more
Magnus <magnus...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 03:44PM -0700

Yes you are correct, I was lazy and just copied from my stylesheet in view
mode. In edit mode it is

.tc-tiddler-body h1:nth-child(1) {background: url("<<datauri
"image/location.svg">>") ...more
Lee Beek <leroyt...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 01:01PM -0700

Hello guys,

I've been trying to figure out how to create changeable uri's for embedded
pdf-files.

The reason why I want this, is because I want to use my Tiddly on both my
...more
Ste Wilson <needco...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 02:11PM -0700

Tony, you were correct. Tiddlywiki is the way and Evans formula plug in is a thing of beauty.

https://tmcengineering.updog.co/Simple%20Frame%20Calc.html

I think it gets the correct answer.... ...more
Ste Wilson <needco...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 02:13PM -0700

Ps.. If anyone knows how or why the round command is giving answers like 10.260000000006 instead of 10.26 that would be helpful!
...more
Diego Mesa <dieg...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 02:33PM -0700

Hey Ste,

You're using 0.1.1 of Evans plugin. The latest available on his website is
0.2.3:

https://evanbalster.com/tiddlywiki/formulas.html

On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 4:13:42 PM ...more
"@TiddlyTweeter" <Tiddly...@assays.tv>: Oct 30 04:50AM -0700

Repeat for folk on email only...

I'm particularly interested in your comments!

Best wishes, TT

...more
"@TiddlyTweeter" <Tiddly...@assays.tv>: Oct 30 04:55AM -0700

FYI, the layout of my last post is supposed to look like this ...

[image: Annotation 2019-10-30 125231.jpg]

TT
...more
Birthe C <strikke...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 10:27AM -0700

My eyes are old, and admittedly I could do with new glasses, but seriously
if the last example is what it will look like, I am simply not able to read
it.

Birthe

...more
"@TiddlyTweeter" <Tiddly...@assays.tv>: Oct 30 10:36AM -0700

Ciao Birthe

EEK! It is not like the last on reading (that was just a mini image to give
an impression of layout! It is unreadable to anyone!).

The REAL THING is here: ...more
Jed Carty <inmy...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 01:39PM -0700

The size isn't really the problem, either way I can't really read it.
...more
Michael Borgwardt <bra...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 01:55AM -0700

A Gloom <barro...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 02:37AM -0700

PMario <pmar...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 04:07AM -0700

On Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 9:13:34 AM UTC+1, Michael Borgwardt wrote:

> I'm running TW on node.js, so storing binary files directly in Tiddlers is
> unproblematic - they just get uploaded ...more
Greg Davis <gregdav...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 01:16PM -0700

I don't use node.js so I maybe misunderstanding what you are trying to do.
If I understand, you are dragging a ppt file into TiddlyWiki so it becomes
embedded as a tiddler. Then you want to ...more
Mohammad <mohammad...@gmail.com>: Oct 29 11:11PM -0700

Hi Jon
The journal in TW normally tagged with Journal with capital J.
Have you tried your filter in $:/AdvancedSearch?
Does it return the correct results?

For me it works!
e.g ...more
Jon <five...@gmail.com>: Oct 29 11:44PM -0700

Hi Mohammad,

All my tags are lower case but the filter works fine in Advanced Search -
for instance, if I remove the ! the order reverses as expected.

However, if I copy the filter to the ...more
A Gloom <barro...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 12:33AM -0700

If he's using the top bar search, he may be right-- I was trying different
search filters with sort operator, including the default filters, having
sort operators, provided by the search bar and ...more
Mohammad <mohammad...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 12:54AM -0700

I will check that and return to you

On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 11:03:53 AM UTC+3:30, A Gloom wrote:
...more
Mohammad <mohammad...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 12:55AM -0700

Jon,
Would you please tell me the version of Commander you are using?

--Mohammad

On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 10:14:16 AM UTC+3:30, Jon wrote:
...more
Jon <five...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 01:25AM -0700

Hi Mohammad,

1:3:0

If I remove the exclamation mark, it indicates *A new filter search has
been detected *but nothing changes after clicking the search button.

Regards
Jon
...more
Mohammad <mohammad...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 01:34AM -0700

Jon,
Seems there is a bug!
Please check the 1.4.0 and let me know how it works

https://github.com/kookma/TW-Commander

--Mohammad

On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 11:55:36 AM UTC+3:30, Jon ...more
Jon <five...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 01:39AM -0700

Will do when I get home from work later.

Thanks
Jon

On Wednesday, 30 October 2019 08:34:25 UTC, Mohammad wrote:
...more
Jon <five...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 10:38AM -0700

Hi Mohammad,

Yes, works as expected in 1:4:0

Many thanks
Jon

On Wednesday, 30 October 2019 08:39:04 UTC, Jon wrote:
...more
Mohammad <mohammad...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 11:18AM -0700

Thanks for your feedback Jon!
I have updated the repo on Github

--Mohammad

On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 9:08:11 PM UTC+3:30, Jon wrote:
...more
Jon <five...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 12:19PM -0700

That's the least I can do!
Thanks
Jon

On Wednesday, 30 October 2019 18:18:32 UTC, Mohammad wrote:
...more
Sebastian Ovide <sebasti...@gmail.com>: Oct 30 09:55AM -0700

Hello

<$edit-text tiddler="mytiddler" field="mydate" type="date"/>

would save the date in mydate as "2019-11-30" instead of TiddlyWiki UTC "
20191030165139755"

any wauy to save it in the ...more

Jeremy Ruston

Nov 5, 2019, 6:04:05 AM11/5/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Richard

I think that’ll be the updog.co link, there appears to have been a bit of a tug of war with Google recently on it.

Best wishes

Jeremy